    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks..
    EAgle
    EAgle, Oct 6, 2003

  2. EAgle

    madknoxie Guest

    In article <blrarj$amt$>, "EAgle" <>
    wrote:

    > Does anyone know how to get the webcam to work on either MSN or Yahoo or any
    > other such application through either one of the proxy servers? I would
    > prefer if I can get it to work on the http proxy but any solution is
    > welcome.

    Have you tried to configure MSN to use your http proxy?

    Tools > Options > Connection

    Then enter in your proxy details...

    Hope that helps.

    --
    madknoxie
    madknoxie, Oct 6, 2003

  3. EAgle

    EAgle Guest

    "madknoxie" <> wrote in message
    > In article <blrarj$amt$>, "EAgle" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Does anyone know how to get the webcam to work on either MSN or Yahoo or

    any
    > > other such application through either one of the proxy servers? I would
    > > prefer if I can get it to work on the http proxy but any solution is
    > > welcome.

    > Have you tried to configure MSN to use your http proxy?
    >
    > Tools > Options > Connection
    >
    > Then enter in your proxy details...
    >
    > Hope that helps.
    >
    > --
    > madknoxie
    > $35 .nz domain names: http://www.ivision.co.nz/

    Yes.. I have configured both of them to use the proxy servers. I can chat
    online just fine.. the problem is with the Video, I think it might have
    something to do with the fact that the cam uses UDP and chat uses TCP, this
    is just a thought.. I'm not sure
    EAgle, Oct 6, 2003
  4. EAgle

    madknoxie Guest

    In article <blrcso$c9n$>, "EAgle" <>
    wrote:

    > Yes.. I have configured both of them to use the proxy servers. I can chat
    > online just fine.. the problem is with the Video, I think it might have
    > something to do with the fact that the cam uses UDP and chat uses TCP, this
    > is just a thought.. I'm not sure

    Ok, I'm assuming you connect via a LAN, right? I'm also assuming your
    internet settings use your proxy? In IE you can go Tools > Internet
    Options > Connections > Lan Settings

    Do you know that the port MSN uses for webcams isn't blocked by the
    proxy server?

    --
    madknoxie
    madknoxie, Oct 6, 2003
  5. EAgle

    EAgle Guest

    "madknoxie" <> wrote in message
    > In article <blrcso$c9n$>, "EAgle" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Yes.. I have configured both of them to use the proxy servers. I can

    chat
    > > online just fine.. the problem is with the Video, I think it might have
    > > something to do with the fact that the cam uses UDP and chat uses TCP,

    this
    > > is just a thought.. I'm not sure

    > Ok, I'm assuming you connect via a LAN, right? I'm also assuming your
    > internet settings use your proxy? In IE you can go Tools > Internet
    > Options > Connections > Lan Settings
    >
    > Do you know that the port MSN uses for webcams isn't blocked by the
    > proxy server?
    >
    > --
    > madknoxie
    > $35 .nz domain names: http://www.ivision.co.nz/

    I would like to check that but I dont know what port is being used?
    EAgle
    EAgle, Oct 6, 2003
  6. EAgle

    T-Boy Guest

    In article <blsf7t$4u7$>, says...

    > "madknoxie" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <blrcso$c9n$>, "EAgle" <>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > > Yes.. I have configured both of them to use the proxy servers. I can

    > chat
    > > > online just fine.. the problem is with the Video, I think it might have
    > > > something to do with the fact that the cam uses UDP and chat uses TCP,

    > this
    > > > is just a thought.. I'm not sure

    > > Ok, I'm assuming you connect via a LAN, right? I'm also assuming your
    > > internet settings use your proxy? In IE you can go Tools > Internet
    > > Options > Connections > Lan Settings
    > >
    > > Do you know that the port MSN uses for webcams isn't blocked by the
    > > proxy server?
    > >
    > > --
    > > madknoxie
    > > $35 .nz domain names: http://www.ivision.co.nz/

    > I would like to check that but I dont know what port is being used?
    > EAgle

    I regularly use two programs to monitor ports..
    1. ActivePorts (free, findable via Google I'd hope). Shows all your
    port connections.

    2. NMapWin (Windows version of NMap) - put in an IP and it shows all the
    open ports at that IP (I use it on "myself" and other PC's I maintain).
    (It's important (if checking your own pc) to go in via IP rather than
    "localhost" ! :)
    I've also found if you want NMapWin to return results in a reasonable
    time, to tick the "don't ping" option before starting the scan.

    --
    Duncan
    T-Boy, Oct 6, 2003
  7. EAgle

    EAgle Guest

    "T-Boy" <> wrote in message
    > In article <blsf7t$4u7$>, says...
    > >
    > > "madknoxie" <> wrote in message
    > > > In article <blrcso$c9n$>, "EAgle"

    <>

    > > chat

    have

    TCP,
    > > this
    > > >
    > > > Ok, I'm assuming you connect via a LAN, right? I'm also assuming your
    > > > internet settings use your proxy? In IE you can go Tools > Internet
    > > > Options > Connections > Lan Settings
    > > >
    > > > Do you know that the port MSN uses for webcams isn't blocked by the
    > > > proxy server?
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > madknoxie
    > > > $35 .nz domain names: http://www.ivision.co.nz/

    > > I would like to check that but I dont know what port is being used?
    > > EAgle

    > I regularly use two programs to monitor ports..
    > 1. ActivePorts (free, findable via Google I'd hope). Shows all your
    > port connections.
    >
    > 2. NMapWin (Windows version of NMap) - put in an IP and it shows all the
    > open ports at that IP (I use it on "myself" and other PC's I maintain).
    > (It's important (if checking your own pc) to go in via IP rather than
    > "localhost" ! :)
    > I've also found if you want NMapWin to return results in a reasonable
    > time, to tick the "don't ping" option before starting the scan.
    >
    > --
    > Duncan

    Thanks.. I'll give that a try
    EAgle