    so, may anyone can help me!?

    tia

    elmar
    elmar bschorer, Jan 29, 2005

  2. elmar bschorer

    AM Guest

    elmar bschorer wrote:

    > hi @all,
    >
    > when i point my browser to my routers ip - enter the password and select
    > the language for the web start...the java applet is running some
    > checks...but doesn't come to an end. it seems the process for checking
    > the ios version an the router model runs in a loop :-(
    >
    > i found a previous message about that problem that said, that probably
    > the web-start module is not installed on the router. well, i searched
    > around a bit and found out, that my router's (836) IOS already
    > includes the web setup.
    >
    > so, may anyone can help me!?
    >
    > tia
    >
    > elmar

    Have you changed anything from original version? Perhaps the IOS? Also the IP address of the
    Ethernet Interface it is supposed to hang your router.
    I experienced all troubles you wrote about. Only with a new router and setting the ethernet card of
    my laptop to 10.10.10.2/29 all things went right.

    I don't know how to go back to from vendor behaviour.

    HTH Alex.
    AM, Jan 29, 2005

  3. On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 18:58:18 +0000, AM wrote:

    > elmar bschorer wrote:
    >
    >> hi @all,
    >>
    >> when i point my browser to my routers ip - enter the password and select
    >> the language for the web start...the java applet is running some
    >> checks...but doesn't come to an end. it seems the process for checking
    >> the ios version an the router model runs in a loop :-(
    >>
    >> i found a previous message about that problem that said, that probably
    >> the web-start module is not installed on the router. well, i searched
    >> around a bit and found out, that my router's (836) IOS already
    >> includes the web setup.
    >>
    >> so, may anyone can help me!?
    >>
    >> tia
    >>
    >> elmar

    > Have you changed anything from original version? Perhaps the IOS? Also the IP address of the
    > Ethernet Interface it is supposed to hang your router.
    > I experienced all troubles you wrote about. Only with a new router and setting the ethernet card of
    > my laptop to 10.10.10.2/29 all things went right.

    thanx for your posting. well, i have tried the following as you have
    suggested: client (my computer) ethernet 10.10.10.2/29 cisco 836 router:
    ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.252
    i pointed my browser to 10.10.10.1 but had exactly the same problems.
    well, i then started debugging the connection. there are packages
    transmitted from the router initiating a telnet session!?!?!
    seems like the java applet tries to configure the router by the telnet
    connection. has somebody already made that experience? can someone please
    help me setting up that web setup!?

    i had no look so far :-(((

    greets
    elmar