Web sites not resolving properly.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Soup, May 17, 2004.

  1. Soup

    Soup Guest

    Can only get the text only page for JKRowling's web site
    <http://www.jkrowling.com/>
    have flash installed and do not have security or privacy set above
    medium in Internet options, have refreshed the page and emptied
    the temporary Internet files still no go, all this in Crazy browser (it is
    just a skin for Internet explorer). When I tried Mozilla all seemed
    to work as advertised. Any ideas what I can try to view the
    interactive JKR site in I.E. ?

    In the 10 minute trailer of the harry potter film
    http://www.moviemag.nl/specials/special_potter.php
    I can only get pictures there is no sound
    as above, cleared temp files, flash is installed,all files are set to play
    with Windows Media Player.
    NOTE for Mozilla I don't even get pictures .
    Again any ideas as too how I can hear the trailer in I.E. ?

    Windows XP (home) Crazy Browser on I.E.
    Cable connection (by 512+50%).
    Tried above with and without a proxy server.
    (webcache.blueyonder.co.uk 3128)

    Not that bothered with seeing the site in I.E. or hearing the trailer
    but I so dislike something being wrong and not knowing what it is.
    All (?) other sites seem to work normally.

    --
    Yours S. addy not usable (not that you would try it) ( )
    Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant! / \
    Soup, May 17, 2004

  2. Soup

    °Mike° Guest

    Check that you have not blocked Flash with
    SpywareBlaster, or something similar.
    Check your options in CrazyBrowser; if I remember
    right, it has a flash/ad filter built in.

    On Mon, 17 May 2004 09:28:14 GMT, in
    <OA%pc.1993$>
    Soup scrawled:

    >Can only get the text only page for JKRowling's web site
    > <http://www.jkrowling.com/>
    >have flash installed and do not have security or privacy set above
    > medium in Internet options, have refreshed the page and emptied
    >the temporary Internet files still no go, all this in Crazy browser (it is
    > just a skin for Internet explorer). When I tried Mozilla all seemed
    >to work as advertised. Any ideas what I can try to view the
    >interactive JKR site in I.E. ?
    >
    > In the 10 minute trailer of the harry potter film
    >http://www.moviemag.nl/specials/special_potter.php
    > I can only get pictures there is no sound
    >as above, cleared temp files, flash is installed,all files are set to play
    > with Windows Media Player.
    >NOTE for Mozilla I don't even get pictures .
    > Again any ideas as too how I can hear the trailer in I.E. ?
    >
    >Windows XP (home) Crazy Browser on I.E.
    >Cable connection (by 512+50%).
    >Tried above with and without a proxy server.
    >(webcache.blueyonder.co.uk 3128)
    >
    > Not that bothered with seeing the site in I.E. or hearing the trailer
    >but I so dislike something being wrong and not knowing what it is.
    >All (?) other sites seem to work normally.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, May 17, 2004