    computer/browser is this, their's or MINE?!? I assume this is a Java thing.
    Anyway to prevent such blocking?

    Dan

    Dan, Oct 31, 2006

  2. Dan wrote:
    > I use mouse gestures 1.5.2 in FF 2.0, mostly for navigating (page back,
    > forward, close). I have noticed more & more web sites seem to be blocking
    > all right click functions ("this function is disabled"). I presume that's
    > to prevent image copying, not that there aren't other ways of accomplishing
    > that. Something about a distant site being able to tell my browser what
    > options I have just kinda rubs me the wrong way. I mean, whose
    > computer/browser is this, their's or MINE?!? I assume this is a Java thing.
    > Anyway to prevent such blocking?
    >
    > Dan

    Tools>>Options>>Content

    Click the Advanced button for javascript. Uncheck the box for Disable or
    change Context menus.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 1, 2006

  3. Dan

    Bucky Guest

    Dan wrote:
    > Anyway to prevent such blocking?

    Of course! With Mozilla/Firefox, you can do almost anything.

    Bucky, Nov 1, 2006
  4. Dan

    Dan Guest

    "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message
    > Dan wrote:
    >> I use mouse gestures 1.5.2 in FF 2.0, mostly for navigating (page back,
    >> forward, close). I have noticed more & more web sites seem to be
    >> blocking all right click functions ("this function is disabled"). I
    >> presume that's to prevent image copying, not that there aren't other ways
    >> of accomplishing that. Something about a distant site being able to tell
    >> my browser what options I have just kinda rubs me the wrong way. I mean,
    >> whose computer/browser is this, their's or MINE?!? I assume this is a
    >> Java thing. Anyway to prevent such blocking?
    >>
    >> Dan

    > Tools>>Options>>Content
    >
    > Click the Advanced button for javascript. Uncheck the box for Disable or
    > change Context menus.
    >
    > Lee

    Lee-Thanks for the reply. Unchecked all Java options in that dialogue, this
    page at least still will not allow ANY right clicks:
    http://store.prepacmediaspinners.com/pastel-4272.html

    I wonder if others have the same experience?

    Dan

    Dan, Nov 1, 2006
  5. Dan wrote:
    > "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message
    >> Dan wrote:
    >>> I use mouse gestures 1.5.2 in FF 2.0, mostly for navigating (page back,
    >>> forward, close). I have noticed more & more web sites seem to be
    >>> blocking all right click functions ("this function is disabled"). I
    >>> presume that's to prevent image copying, not that there aren't other ways
    >>> of accomplishing that. Something about a distant site being able to tell
    >>> my browser what options I have just kinda rubs me the wrong way. I mean,
    >>> whose computer/browser is this, their's or MINE?!? I assume this is a
    >>> Java thing. Anyway to prevent such blocking?
    >>>
    >>> Dan

    >> Tools>>Options>>Content
    >>
    >> Click the Advanced button for javascript. Uncheck the box for Disable or
    >> change Context menus.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Lee-Thanks for the reply. Unchecked all Java options in that dialogue, this
    > page at least still will not allow ANY right clicks:
    > http://store.prepacmediaspinners.com/pastel-4272.html
    >
    > I wonder if others have the same experience?
    >
    > Dan

    What happens for me there is quite common. I get an error warning me
    that right click is disabled. If I click OK, the error disappears, and
    the context menu appears anyway.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 1, 2006
  6. On 2006-10-31, Dan <> wrote:

    > I use mouse gestures 1.5.2 in FF 2.0, mostly for navigating (page back,
    > forward, close). I have noticed more & more web sites seem to be blocking
    > all right click functions ("this function is disabled"). I presume that's
    > to prevent image copying, not that there aren't other ways of accomplishing
    > that. Something about a distant site being able to tell my browser what
    > options I have just kinda rubs me the wrong way. I mean, whose
    > computer/browser is this, their's or MINE?!? I assume this is a Java thing.
    > Anyway to prevent such blocking?

    It's a javascript thing. With FF-1.5 you could use the
    "allowrightclick" extension:

    http://roachfiend.com/archives/2005/03/03/allow-right-click/

    Doesn't seem to have been updated for 2.0 yet, though. A quick 'n' dirty
    hack of the install.rdf might allow you to try it anyway.

    --

    John ()

    John Thompson, Nov 1, 2006
  7. Dan

    Bucky Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > What happens for me there is quite common. I get an error warning me
    > that right click is disabled. If I click OK, the error disappears, and
    > the context menu appears anyway.

    Right. That website has some javascript code like this:

    when user attempts right click:
    1. disable context menu
    2. popup message explaining error

    We told Firefox to ignore #1, but it will still pop up the message.
    Unless you disable all javascript (which I tried and it worked). But
    you don't want to do that since other javascript is very useful.

    Bucky, Nov 1, 2006
  8. Bucky wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> What happens for me there is quite common. I get an error warning me
    >> that right click is disabled. If I click OK, the error disappears, and
    >> the context menu appears anyway.

    > Right. That website has some javascript code like this:
    >
    > when user attempts right click:
    > 1. disable context menu
    > 2. popup message explaining error
    >
    > We told Firefox to ignore #1, but it will still pop up the message.
    > Unless you disable all javascript (which I tried and it worked). But
    > you don't want to do that since other javascript is very useful.

    Indeed. Just click through the error, and the context menu becomes
    available.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 1, 2006
  9. Dan

    > Bucky wrote:
    >> Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >>> What happens for me there is quite common. I get an error warning me
    >>> that right click is disabled. If I click OK, the error disappears, and
    >>> the context menu appears anyway.

    >> Right. That website has some javascript code like this:
    >>
    >> when user attempts right click:
    >> 1. disable context menu
    >> 2. popup message explaining error
    >>
    >> We told Firefox to ignore #1, but it will still pop up the message.
    >> Unless you disable all javascript (which I tried and it worked). But
    >> you don't want to do that since other javascript is very useful.
    >>

    > Indeed. Just click through the error, and the context menu becomes
    > available.
    >
    > Lee

    Pretty academic I suppose, but maybe it's a function of my having mouse
    gestures. With the java options disabled, the 1st right click produces the
    error box & the context menu simultaneously. I can copy, enlarge (also have
    zoom) etc. Subsequent right clicks produce only the context menu; clicking
    yes at that point produces a "red pen" (from mouse gestures) I can draw all
    over the page w/no result.

    Dan

    Dan, Nov 1, 2006
  10. Dan wrote:
    > "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message
    >> Bucky wrote:
    >>> Right. That website has some javascript code like this:
    >>>
    >>> when user attempts right click:
    >>> 1. disable context menu
    >>> 2. popup message explaining error
    >>>
    >>> We told Firefox to ignore #1, but it will still pop up the message.
    >>> Unless you disable all javascript (which I tried and it worked). But
    >>> you don't want to do that since other javascript is very useful.
    >>>

    >> Indeed. Just click through the error, and the context menu becomes
    >> available.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Pretty academic I suppose, but maybe it's a function of my having mouse
    > gestures. With the java options disabled, the 1st right click produces the
    > error box & the context menu simultaneously. I can copy, enlarge (also have
    > zoom) etc. Subsequent right clicks produce only the context menu; clicking
    > yes at that point produces a "red pen" (from mouse gestures) I can draw all
    > over the page w/no result.
    >
    > Dan

    I don't use mouse gestures. Try disabling it, and test. If it works
    when disabled, all I can suggest it contacting the creator of the extension.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 1, 2006
  11. Dan

    SteveG Guest

    Dan wrote:
    > "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message
    >> Dan wrote:
    >>> I use mouse gestures 1.5.2 in FF 2.0, mostly for navigating (page back,
    >>> forward, close). I have noticed more & more web sites seem to be
    >>> blocking all right click functions ("this function is disabled"). I
    >>> presume that's to prevent image copying, not that there aren't other ways
    >>> of accomplishing that. Something about a distant site being able to tell
    >>> my browser what options I have just kinda rubs me the wrong way. I mean,
    >>> whose computer/browser is this, their's or MINE?!? I assume this is a
    >>> Java thing. Anyway to prevent such blocking?
    >>>
    >>> Dan

    >> Tools>>Options>>Content
    >>
    >> Click the Advanced button for javascript. Uncheck the box for Disable or
    >> change Context menus.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Lee-Thanks for the reply. Unchecked all Java options in that dialogue, this
    > page at least still will not allow ANY right clicks:
    > http://store.prepacmediaspinners.com/pastel-4272.html
    >
    > I wonder if others have the same experience?
    >
    > Dan

    I have both Java and Javascript enabled and got the full range of
    options when I right clicked. I'm not running mouse gestures though.

    HTH

    --
    Regards

    Steve G

    SteveG, Nov 1, 2006
  12. Dan

    cage1968

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    do this

    use mozilla firefox click tools then page options,then media and find the image click save as and save, if need be use command prompt to rename jpg.htm or whatever to just .jpg as some images may be saved as .htm and try to fool you and if u pull it up it looks like jibberish.

    cage1968, Aug 11, 2008