    line?

    Is there any way I will still be able to edit it, from my BT account.

    Or can I transfer it over to their web space, once I've changed over?

    zaqona, Jan 31, 2004

  2. zaqona

    Unk Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 20:59:09 -0000, "zaqona" <> wrote:
    >I am going on to Broad Band with BT, next week.
    >Not with the service provider I have been using.
    >'Tiscali' My question is: What happens now to my web site,
    >I had on Tiscali when I cancel the account with them, do they take it off
    >line?

    Yes. Your account, along with the personal web space, will be deleted.

    >Is there any way I will still be able to edit it, from my BT account.

    Use an FTP client to download your web page from the old server before it's
    deleted.

    >Or can I transfer it over to their web space, once I've changed over?

    Upload the saved site to the new server after making any server-related
    changes.

    Unk, Jan 31, 2004

  3. In article <bvh4us$s8a62$-berlin.de>,
    says...
    > I am going on to Broad Band with BT, next week.
    >
    > Not with the service provider I have been using.
    >
    > 'Tiscali' My question is: What happens now to my web site,
    >
    > I had on Tiscali when I cancel the account with them, do they take it off
    > line?

    Depends on the Tiscali account. You could probably down-grade it to the
    PAYG service and leave it there.

    > Is there any way I will still be able to edit it, from my BT account.

    Depends how they've set up FTP, if that's how you transfer files to it.
    Tiscali may deny access to anyone trying to connect from other non-
    Tiscali IP addresses.

    > Or can I transfer it over to their web space, once I've changed over?

    If you have web space with BT, yes.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/