    How does one avoid this record of previous visits showing
    up?.
    Ruth

    Sammy, Aug 19, 2005

  2. Sammy

    aleX Guest

    Sammy wrote:
    > When I do a Google search, the websites I visited before are
    > displayed with a different colour.
    > How does one avoid this record of previous visits showing
    > up?.
    > Ruth

    Assuming you're using Windows and Internet Explorer:

    Control Panel/Internet Options/Content/Autocomplete/ Click the 'Clear
    Forms' button, or untick the box so this feature is never used.

    In firefox:

    Tools/Options/Privacy/ Click the 'Clear Form Information' button, or
    untick the box..

    aleX, Aug 19, 2005

  3. Sammy

    aleX Guest

    aleX wrote:

    > Assuming you're using Windows and Internet Explorer:
    >
    > Control Panel/Internet Options/Content/Autocomplete/ Click the 'Clear
    > Forms' button, or untick the box so this feature is never used.
    >
    > In firefox:
    >
    > Tools/Options/Privacy/ Click the 'Clear Form Information' button, or
    > untick the box..

    Well, actually that's to clear the 'search terms' dropdown, I thought
    that's what you meant.

    For the 'Browsing History' in the URL bar, you want to go again to
    Internet Options/General/ Click the 'Clear History' button.

    aleX, Aug 19, 2005
  4. Sammy

    aleX Guest

    Sammy wrote:
    > When I do a Google search, the websites I visited before are
    > displayed with a different colour.
    > How does one avoid this record of previous visits showing
    > up?.
    > Ruth

    Ah..., aha, ha ha,
    You got me...

    aleX, Aug 19, 2005
  5. Sammy

    vbMark Guest

    "Sammy" <> wrote in news:E3rNe.4148$R5.829
    @news.indigo.ie:

    > When I do a Google search, the websites I visited before are
    > displayed with a different colour.
    > How does one avoid this record of previous visits showing
    > up?.
    > Ruth

    Empty you browser cache. Also known as Temporary Internet Files.

    http://www.vbmark.com
    Get freeware, learn things, make money.

    vbMark, Aug 19, 2005
  6. Sammy

    Dave Lear Guest

    "Sammy" wrote in message news:E3rNe.4148$

    > When I do a Google search, the websites I visited before are
    > displayed with a different colour.
    > How does one avoid this record of previous visits showing
    > up?.

    Tools

    Internet Options

    General tab

    Colors...

    Choose the same colour for the Visited and Unvisited Links

    OK

    --
    P.S. Stop looking at pr0n or other sites you'd be embarrassed about

    Dave Lear, Aug 20, 2005