    Hi

    Can anybody tell me how to remove a site from the web.

    thanks Mad Medic

    jeffm, Dec 21, 2003

  2. jeffm

    Avenger© Guest

    On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 09:18:00 -0000, "jeffm" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >Can anybody tell me how to remove a site from the web.
    >
    >thanks Mad Medic

    Delete all the files on the web server hosting the website

    Avenger©, Dec 21, 2003

  3. jeffm

    jeffm Guest

    "Avenger©" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 09:18:00 -0000, "jeffm" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Hi
    > >
    > >Can anybody tell me how to remove a site from the web.
    > >
    > >thanks Mad Medic
    > >

    > Delete all the files on the web server hosting the website

    Would be fine doing that but cannot grt into admin page

    jeffm, Dec 21, 2003
  4. jeffm

    Avenger© Guest

    On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 09:35:56 -0000, "jeffm" <>
    wrote:

    >"Avenger©" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 09:18:00 -0000, "jeffm" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Hi
    >> >
    >> >Can anybody tell me how to remove a site from the web.
    >> >
    >> >thanks Mad Medic
    >> >

    >> Delete all the files on the web server hosting the website

    >Would be fine doing that but cannot grt into admin page

    Are we talking about a site you own?

    Avenger©, Dec 21, 2003
  5. "jeffm" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Can anybody tell me how to remove a site from the web.
    >
    > thanks Mad Medic

    yours or someone elses ?

    Steven Pilbeam, Dec 21, 2003
  6. jeffm

    Trent C Guest

    > Can anybody tell me how to remove a site from the web.
    >
    > thanks Mad Medic

    If you own the site you should be able to access the admin options using the
    same application you used to upload the files in the first place. Most FTP
    programs, such as CuteFTP, have this as a built-in facility. Once you're
    logged in you can upload, download or delete files to your heart's content.
    And if you want to bin a whole site, you can usually select multiple files
    (for example the html pages and associates images) and delete them all in
    one go.

    If it's not your site then you need to contact the hosting ISP and put in a
    formal request. They're unlikely to give you much time unless you can show
    that specific civil or criminal laws are being broken, and in some civil law
    situations they might wait for a court order before they do anything.

    Trent C, Dec 21, 2003
  7. "jeffm" <> wrote in message

    > "Avenger©" <> wrote in message
    > > On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 09:18:00 -0000, "jeffm" <>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > >Hi
    > > >
    > > >Can anybody tell me how to remove a site from the web.
    > > >
    > > >thanks Mad Medic
    > > >

    > > Delete all the files on the web server hosting the website

    > Would be fine doing that but cannot grt into admin page

    Then you'll need to talk to whoever is responsible for giving you tech
    support. If you don't have admin priveledges over that site, there's no way
    you can just magically wish it to go away. ;-)

    --Tina
    --
    http://www.AffordableHOST.com
    20% Discount Code: newsgroup

    Tina - AffordableHOST.com, Dec 21, 2003
  8. jeffm

    jeffm Guest

    yes I own the site fell out with person hosting it has denid me access
    mad medic

    jeffm, Dec 21, 2003
  9. jeffm

    BasketCase Guest

    "jeffm" <> wrote in message
    > yes I own the site fell out with person hosting it has denid me access
    > mad medic

    Just threaten to break the fuckers legs....that's what I'd do. I never was
    one for the subtle approach. :)

    BasketCase, Dec 21, 2003
  10. jeffm

    JWooden271 Guest

    >yes I own the site fell out with person hosting it has denid me access
    >mad medic

    Just refuse to pay for the hosting services and eventually the hosting company
    will delete your account for not paying.

    Or for a more direct approach, send an email to their support people asking to
    remove your account.

    JWooden271, Dec 27, 2003

    KnightTripper, Dec 27, 2003