  1. InsaneG0D

    InsaneG0D Guest

    Do I need a static IP address from my ISP to create my own web server????
    InsaneG0D, Jul 1, 2003

  2. InsaneG0D

    smithy4u Guest

    If you want to publish your web server on the internet, then you should
    have to take a static IP address from you ISP. For local network
    environment, there is no need of public IP address.

    For windows IIS, try free good lab practices and articles at
    www.certsbraindumps.com .

    ---
    Sign up to get free daily practice questions at: http://www.QoD.US/i-54.htm
    View this thread: http://www.examnotes.net/article1015104.html
    smithy4u------------------------------------------------------------------------
    smithy4u's Profile: http://www.examnotes.net/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=171574
    smithy4u, Jul 1, 2003

  3. smithy4u <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > If you want to publish your web server on the internet, then you should
    > have to take a static IP address from you ISP. For local network
    > environment, there is no need of public IP address.

    Another option is the dynamic DNS services out there. With these
    services, the DNS entry is updated by a utility on your machine every
    time your IP address changes. The one I use is "dyndns.org", but if
    you do a search in Google on "Dynamic DNS" you will find several other
    solutions out there.

    Good luck!

    -- Delbert Matlock
    -- MCSE, MCSA, MCDBA, CCNA, Network+, A+
    -- http://www.SelfStudyCerts.com/
    Delbert Matlock, Jul 1, 2003
  4. I use dynip.com
    Also tzo.com is available