    correct me)... But, other than just using an online service like PBase, if I
    were to host my own gallery, what program would you recommend?

    Thanks

    Jeffrey Stetz, Nov 24, 2004

  2. Jeffrey Stetz

    Johnny Guest

    > I don't really find Photoshop's automated Web Photo Gallery feature all that
    > customizable, and I am not sure what to do if I want to ever add new
    > pictures to it, it seems that I would have to redo the whole gallery at once
    > every time I would like to add a photo (maybe I'm mistaken, and please
    > correct me)... But, other than just using an online service like PBase, if I
    > were to host my own gallery, what program would you recommend?

    I use "arles image web page creator" -

    http://www.digitaldutch.com/

    I've heard good things about JAlbum -

    http://jalbum.net/

    Johnny, Nov 24, 2004

  3. On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 21:21:52 -0600, Johnny <>
    wrote:

    >> I don't really find Photoshop's automated Web Photo Gallery feature all that
    >> customizable, and I am not sure what to do if I want to ever add new
    >> pictures to it, it seems that I would have to redo the whole gallery at once
    >> every time I would like to add a photo (maybe I'm mistaken, and please
    >> correct me)... But, other than just using an online service like PBase, if I
    >> were to host my own gallery, what program would you recommend?

    >I use "arles image web page creator" -
    >
    >http://www.digitaldutch.com/
    >
    >I've heard good things about JAlbum -
    >
    >http://jalbum.net/

    JAlbum works for me. Freeware! Easy to use once you decide on a best
    skin for you. Perfect for sharing pics with family & friends.

    Very helpful web site, forum and tutorials.

    My fave skin is ... Vertical - Pro.css, columns 1 - rows 6.

    Sample: http://web.newsguy.com/zomby_woof/photos/index.htm

    Hap

    Hap Shaughnessy, Nov 24, 2004
  4. Jeffrey Stetz

    Joe Johnson Guest

    "Hap Shaughnessy" <> wrote in message

    > JAlbum works for me. Freeware! Easy to use once you decide on a best
    > skin for you. Perfect for sharing pics with family & friends.
    >
    > Very helpful web site, forum and tutorials.
    >
    > My fave skin is ... Vertical - Pro.css, columns 1 - rows 6.
    >
    > Sample: http://web.newsguy.com/zomby_woof/photos/index.htm
    >
    > Hap

    Very nice set of fall pictures, Hap...

    Joe Johnson, Nov 24, 2004
  5. Jeffrey Stetz

    Stu Guest

    Stu, Nov 24, 2004
  6. In article <JZSod.11333$>,
    says...
    > I don't really find Photoshop's automated Web Photo Gallery feature all that
    > customizable, and I am not sure what to do if I want to ever add new
    > pictures to it, it seems that I would have to redo the whole gallery at once
    > every time I would like to add a photo (maybe I'm mistaken, and please
    > correct me)... But, other than just using an online service like PBase, if I
    > were to host my own gallery, what program would you recommend?
    >
    > Thanks

    You have to learn how to edit the templates, not a simple task. There
    are some others available on the Adobe web site.

    When you add new photos it does rebuild the entire web site, but it doesn't
    take long since pix already made are skipped.

    --
    Robert D Feinman
    http://robertdfeinman.com

    Robert Feinman, Nov 24, 2004
  7. On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 12:12:43 GMT, "Joe Johnson" <>
    wrote:

    >"Hap Shaughnessy" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> JAlbum works for me. Freeware! Easy to use once you decide on a best
    >> skin for you. Perfect for sharing pics with family & friends.
    >>
    >> Very helpful web site, forum and tutorials.
    >>
    >> My fave skin is ... Vertical - Pro.css, columns 1 - rows 6.
    >>
    >> Sample: http://web.newsguy.com/zomby_woof/photos/index.htm
    >>
    >> Hap

    >Very nice set of fall pictures, Hap...

    Thanks Joe.

    Your follow-up made my day. :)

    Hap Shaughnessy, Nov 24, 2004
  8. Jeffrey Stetz

    SkyPilot Guest

    "Stu" <> pounded on the keyboard and wrote:

    >I use photo bucket seems so good so far and is an easy way to show friends
    >and family my photo's
    >
    >http://photobucket.com/albums/v476/Goatsmilkuk/Goa/
    >
    >Stu

    Stu,

    I like Photobucket also. I just wish that one could customize the pages a
    little more.

    Brian

    http://photobucket.com/albums/v367/brueger/
    Brian J. Rueger | Hampton Div. of Fire & Rescue | "Who dares wins"
    Lt./Paramedic | Fire Communications Officer | Hampton, VA.
    B.S. Comm/I/SEL Pilot | MSgt, USAF (Ret.) 49199 | NREMT-P
    Check out my home page: http://members.cox.net/brueger
    Some of my photography: http://www.usefilm.com/photographer/34185.html
    "Life's too short to drink LITE beer!"

    SkyPilot, Nov 25, 2004
  9. I too like jAlbum.
    Don't have a site with pics for you to look at but have used it to make
    album to send to my daughter ( on a CD).
    Works fine. It is freeware and has many skins that you can experiment with
    until you find one you like.

    Matthew Dranchak, Nov 25, 2004
  10. Jeffrey Stetz

    Matt Ion Guest

    Jeffrey Stetz wrote:

    > I don't really find Photoshop's automated Web Photo Gallery feature all that
    > customizable, and I am not sure what to do if I want to ever add new
    > pictures to it, it seems that I would have to redo the whole gallery at once
    > every time I would like to add a photo (maybe I'm mistaken, and please
    > correct me)... But, other than just using an online service like PBase, if I
    > were to host my own gallery, what program would you recommend?

    If your webserver supports PHP, check out dAlbum - you can just drop the
    pictures into place in folders, subfolders, etc., move them around,
    whatever you want, then log into the site and tell it to reindex, and it
    will automatically generate/regenerate thumbnails etc. and rebuild the
    album on-the-fly. The only thing you have to upload are the pictures
    themselves.

    http://www.delx.ca/dalbum/

    Matt Ion, Nov 25, 2004
  11. On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 20:07:30 -0500, SkyPilot
    <> wrote:

    >"Stu" <> pounded on the keyboard and wrote:
    >
    >>I use photo bucket seems so good so far and is an easy way to show friends
    >>and family my photo's
    >>
    >>http://photobucket.com/albums/v476/Goatsmilkuk/Goa/
    >>
    >>Stu
    >>

    >Stu,
    >
    >I like Photobucket also. I just wish that one could customize the pages a
    >little more.
    >
    >Brian
    >
    >http://photobucket.com/albums/v367/brueger/

    Excellent shots Brian. Great stuff. Thanks for the tour.

    Take care & stay safe,

    Hap

    [Aerial#3 Capt. Al Jackson, Toronto FD, East Command, A-2 Shift -
    retired]

    Hap Shaughnessy, Nov 25, 2004
  12. Matt Ion <> wrote let it be known in

    > Jeffrey Stetz wrote:
    >
    >> I don't really find Photoshop's automated Web Photo
    >> Gallery feature all that customizable, and I am not sure
    >> what to do if I want to ever add new pictures to it, it
    >> seems that I would have to redo the whole gallery at once
    >> every time I would like to add a photo (maybe I'm
    >> mistaken, and please correct me)... But, other than just
    >> using an online service like PBase, if I were to host my
    >> own gallery, what program would you recommend?

    > If your webserver supports PHP, check out dAlbum - you can
    > just drop the pictures into place in folders, subfolders,
    > etc., move them around, whatever you want, then log into
    > the site and tell it to reindex, and it will automatically
    > generate/regenerate thumbnails etc. and rebuild the album
    > on-the-fly. The only thing you have to upload are the
    > pictures themselves.
    >
    > http://www.delx.ca/dalbum/

    Or Jalbum. A client-side java based app that will generate the
    pages AND upload then finished album to the server. Very
    customizable with plenty of built-in templates.

    And when you add more images, it only generates and uploaded the
    information that has changed instead of generating the entire
    site over again.

    http://jalbum.net/

    --
    Christina Barnes
    CB Design

    Christina Barnes, Nov 25, 2004
  13. Jeffrey Stetz

    Alex Butcher Guest

    On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 03:11:37 +0000, Jeffrey Stetz wrote:

    > I don't really find Photoshop's automated Web Photo Gallery feature all
    > that customizable, and I am not sure what to do if I want to ever add new
    > pictures to it, it seems that I would have to redo the whole gallery at
    > once every time I would like to add a photo (maybe I'm mistaken, and
    > please correct me)... But, other than just using an online service like
    > PBase, if I were to host my own gallery, what program would you recommend?

    I use SPGM <http://spgm.sourceforge.net/>. Like DAlbum mentioned by
    another poster, it only requires that upload images and have a PHP-enabled
    webserver.

    I wrote some scripts to automatically generate decription files containing
    the EXIF information: <http://www.assursys.co.uk/people/alex/gallery/>

    > Thanks

    Best Regards,
    Alex.
    --
    Alex Butcher Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
    Bristol, UK Need reliable and secure network systems?

    Alex Butcher, Nov 27, 2004