    the WAV does not play with the MOZ browser, but plays fine with the IE. The
    file is 1.75mb.

    Any suggestions?

    pezoids, Apr 15, 2006

  2. pezoids

    Jedi Fans Guest

    On 15/04/06 08:47, pezoids Scribbled:
    > I put a WAV file on a page that I created in Frontpage. Uploaded fine but
    > the WAV does not play with the MOZ browser, but plays fine with the IE. The
    > file is 1.75mb.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    a) If it starts playing automatically, dont allow it to, many
    disadvantages [google it]
    b) Dont use the bgsound tag, it is IE only and non-standard, use the
    object tag [see <url:http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=object wav /> ]
    c) Dont use Frontpage, it creates what is known as MSHTML, this is
    not "standards compliant" and fails in other non-IE browsers such as
    Opera, Firefox, Mozilla, Seamonkey, K-Meleon, Konqueror, Safari,
    Lynx, etc etc etc. See <url:http://w3.org/MarkUp/> for why standards
    are important, and <url:http://w3.org/Consortium/> for an
    introduction to who the W3C are [They set the standards relating to
    HTML, CSS, XHTML, etc].
    A free, open source alternative that is known to produce standards
    compliant HTML n CSS is NVU <url:http://nvu.com/> .
    d) Make sure that you validate all of your html pages with
    <url:http://validator.w3.org/> - The W3C HTML Validator.

    --
    Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
    Kieren aka JediFans - <url:http://jedifans.com/>

    Jedi Fans, Apr 15, 2006

  3. pezoids

    Jedi Fans Guest

    On 15/04/06 10:01, Jedi Fans Scribbled:
    > On 15/04/06 08:47, pezoids Scribbled:
    >> I put a WAV file on a page that I created in Frontpage. Uploaded fine but
    >> the WAV does not play with the MOZ browser, but plays fine with the IE. The
    >> file is 1.75mb.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions?

    also:
    e) wav is uncompressed audio, meaning that it will take quite a
    while to load and play/stream it on slower connections, consider
    encoding the wav file in the ogg, wma or mp3 format. A converter
    such as <url:http://musicmatch.com/> can do this for you.

    Jedi Fans, Apr 15, 2006
  4. pezoids

    gwtc Guest

    pezoids wrote:

    > I put a WAV file on a page that I created in Frontpage. Uploaded fine but
    > the WAV does not play with the MOZ browser, but plays fine with the IE. The
    > file is 1.75mb.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    how about posting a link so someone can go and check it out and see
    whats going on. Thanks

    --
    CIA - Computer Industry Acronyms: WINDOWS: Will Install Needless Data
    On Whole System.

    gwtc, Apr 15, 2006