    Sending it as a page the links in the email are not active. but sending it
    as a link is there the danger that the web page might be removed by the
    person who put it up and then you lose it completely?
    jw 1111, Apr 16, 2006

  2. jw 1111 wrote:

    > Sending it as a page the links in the email are not active. but sending it
    > as a link is there the danger that the web page might be removed by the
    > person who put it up and then you lose it completely?

    Yes.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Apr 16, 2006

  3. jw 1111

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-04-16, jw 1111 <> wrote:
    > Hi, in Internet Explorer there is a icon provided at the top of the page for
    > the option of sending that web page as a link or as the whole page.
    >
    > Sending it as a page the links in the email are not active. but sending it
    > as a link is there the danger that the web page might be removed by the
    > person who put it up and then you lose it completely?

    Sending a whole web page via email is usually a very bad idea, quite apart
    from all the broken links in the emailed copy, and the possible copyright
    issues.

    The page belongs to the person who owns it, so of course they can change or
    remove it any time they want to. /All/ links break sooner or later. You
    could try to emailing a link to the Google cache of the page as it is now,
    if there is one and you can find it.

    Mostly it boils down to asking your correspondant to look soon, or to
    making sure that whatever it is you want to discuss with them is included
    in your message.

    --
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Apr 16, 2006