    TIA,
    --
    HtH

    Harry the Horse, Jul 10, 2003

  2. Harry the Horse

    sleeper Guest

    Harry the Horse wrote:
    :: I went onto a web page last night and it has altered my home page in
    :: IE. I went into tools/internet options to change it back but when I
    :: restarted IE the home page had been changed back into the other web
    :: site. I am using an uptodate mcafee virus scanner so I did a full
    :: scan of the hard disk but no infection showed up.
    ::
    :: Hopefully it is pretty simple to fix this annoying problem. Any
    :: assistance greatly received.
    ::
    :: TIA,
    :: --
    :: HtH

    Try Ad-aware 6.0. Sounds like you may have spyware installed.

    sleeper, Jul 10, 2003

  3. Harry the Horse

    °Mike° Guest

    Install and use:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://security.kolla.de/

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster

    On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:04:38 GMT, in
    <aLbPa.211122$>
    Harry the Horse scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 10, 2003
  4. Harry the Horse

    sethra Guest

    "Harry the Horse" <> wrote in

    > I went onto a web page last night and it has altered my home page in
    > IE. I went into tools/internet options to change it back but when I
    > restarted IE the home page had been changed back into the other web
    > site. I am using an uptodate mcafee virus scanner so I did a full
    > scan of the hard disk but no infection showed up.
    >
    > Hopefully it is pretty simple to fix this annoying problem. Any
    > assistance greatly received.
    >
    > TIA,
    > --
    > HtH

    Follow the anti-spyware suggestions in this thread, and to prevent it
    from happening again, either surf with javascript/activeX OFF and put
    sites that you *trust* and require javascript in your trusted zone with
    custom settings, or run a local proxy like The Proxomitron or Privoxy to
    filter the garbage out.

    --
    ~sethra

    sethra, Jul 11, 2003