    I cant get my web pages to display in full screen. There is a wide margin on
    both sides of the web page. Using IE6. Help.

    computerilliterate
    dewey723, Jan 27, 2004

  2. dewey723

    Jay Guest

    "dewey723" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I cant get my web pages to display in full screen. There is a wide margin

    on
    > both sides of the web page. Using IE6. Help.
    >
    > computerilliterate

    A margin, on a web page/in a browser window?
    Have you got a URL (web address) as an example?

    Jay
    Jay, Jan 27, 2004

  3. dewey723

    Boomer Guest

    "dewey723" <> wrote in

    > I cant get my web pages to display in full screen. There is a wide
    > margin on both sides of the web page. Using IE6. Help.
    >
    > computerilliterate

    Has this just started?
    Have you clicked on the 'Maximize' button on the upper right corner of
    your browser?
    Just your browser or other Windows applications?

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    Boomer, Jan 27, 2004
  4. dewey723

    Miggsee Guest

    Set the page in a table, and set the table size to 100%. Different
    resolutions display pages differently. Change your desktop resolution
    around, and view your page. Then set the table to 100%, and view the
    different resolutions again.

    Miggsee, Jan 27, 2004
  5. dewey723

    Jay Guest

    "Miggsee" <> wrote in message
    > Set the page in a table, and set the table size to 100%.

    Eeek!

    > Different
    > resolutions display pages differently.

    Different resolutions display pages at different resolutions.

    >Change your desktop resolution
    > around, and view your page. Then set the table to 100%, and view the
    > different resolutions again.

    Out of curiosity, what is the difference between 100 % 800x600 and 100% of
    1024x768?
    dewey723 - are you having this problem while browsing a page or designing(?)
    a page?
    IOW is your browser doing some weird shit or is the content on your page not
    reaching the left/right edges of the page?

    Jay

    Jay, Jan 27, 2004
  6. "dewey723" <> wrote in message
    > I cant get my web pages to display in full screen. There is a wide margin

    on
    > both sides of the web page. Using IE6. Help.
    >
    > computerilliterate

    ----

    Place this script between the <head> and </head> tags of your HTML document.

    <script language="JavaScript1.2">
    <!--

    /*
    Auto Maximize Window Script- By Nick Lowe ()
    */

    top.window.moveTo(0,0);
    if (document.all) {
    top.window.resizeTo(screen.availWidth,screen.availHeight);
    }
    else if (document.layers||document.getElementById) {
    if
    (top.window.outerHeight<screen.availHeight||top.window.outerWidth<screen.ava
    ilWidth){
    top.window.outerHeight = screen.availHeight;
    top.window.outerWidth = screen.availWidth;
    }
    }
    //-->
    </script>