    has only just accrued when we put the to together.

    Anyone got any ideas?

    , Oct 2, 2007

  2. g00g1eme Guest

    On Oct 3, 10:56 am, wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I am a computer Technician at a eduction institute, we run a window
    > environment.
    >
    > My issue is we use Web marshal to control internet usage for the
    > company, but for some reason internal traffic to the intranet websites
    > are being counted towards there quota's.
    >
    > Web Marshal is running on the same server as our proxy server, the
    > users have there "Bypass proxy server for local address" ticked with
    > the local address added to the list in the advance menu.
    >
    > The only thing i could think of is there must be either a rule or you
    > cant have web marshal on the same server are your proxy as this issue
    > has only just accrued when we put the to together.
    >
    > Anyone got any ideas?

    Yes, you can have WebMarshal on the same server as your proxy server.

    I'm not sure if this will solve your problem, but it's worth trying:
    Open the WebMarshal console.
    Under "Console Root" right-click on "WebMarshal" and then click
    Properties.
    Click on the Proxy Settings tab.
    Click the "Modify proxy server settings button".
    Run through the proxy server settings wizard. There is an option to
    bypass content filtering for specified websites. Add the URL for your
    intranet.

    If that doesn't work try posting on the WebMarshal support forum or
    submit a support ticket to Marshal.

    g00g1eme, Oct 3, 2007

  3. Guest

    On Oct 3, 3:29 pm, g00g1eme <> wrote:
    > On Oct 3, 10:56 am, wrote:
    >

    > > Hello all,

    > > I am a computer Technician at a eduction institute, we run a window
    > > environment.

    > > My issue is we use Web marshal to control internet usage for the
    > > company, but for some reason internal traffic to the intranet websites
    > > are being counted towards there quota's.

    > > Web Marshal is running on the same server as our proxy server, the
    > > users have there "Bypass proxy server for local address" ticked with
    > > the local address added to the list in the advance menu.

    > > The only thing i could think of is there must be either a rule or you
    > > cant have web marshal on the same server are your proxy as this issue
    > > has only just accrued when we put the to together.

    > > Anyone got any ideas?

    > Yes, you can have WebMarshal on the same server as your proxy server.
    >
    > I'm not sure if this will solve your problem, but it's worth trying:
    > Open the WebMarshal console.
    > Under "Console Root" right-click on "WebMarshal" and then click
    > Properties.
    > Click on the Proxy Settings tab.
    > Click the "Modify proxy server settings button".
    > Run through the proxy server settings wizard. There is an option to
    > bypass content filtering for specified websites. Add the URL for your
    > intranet.
    >
    > If that doesn't work try posting on the WebMarshal support forum or
    > submit a support ticket to Marshal.

    thank you i will test.

    , Oct 4, 2007