    SURFING THE NET BUT WHEN I TRY AND WEB CAM VIA MSN MY SYSTEM SLOWS DOWN AND
    PICTURE FEED IS SLOW. ANY IDEAS/SOLUTIONS WOULD BE VERY HELPFULL

    COSYG
    =?Utf-8?B?Q1JFQU0gT0YgU09NRSBZT1VORyBHVVk=?=, Jan 13, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q1JFQU0gT0YgU09NRSBZT1VORyBHVVk=?=

    Guest

    Well of course it is going to be slow (it's wirless). I'm guessing your
    using 802.11g. Even so that's only 54 mb. If your using 802.11b that's
    even slower. 11mb. use a network cable and plugin and see if helps. If
    so then thats the problem.
    , Jan 13, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q1JFQU0gT0YgU09NRSBZT1VORyBHVVk=?=

    Phillips Guest

    The cable connection is 5MB/s or so... the 802.11b would be 11MB/s - enough
    band for one laptop. I would check that QoS packet scheduler is disabled -
    since it reserves about 20% of bandwidth - and that UPnP is enabled in
    router setup. Other places to check are: real up and down Internet
    connection speed - plenty of websites for it - as well as TCP/IP registry
    settings - use TCP Optimizer or such from cablemodem.com, for ex. The webcam
    (hard/soft) might be slow also, not to mention Antivirus/firewall possible
    slowdowns.
    MSN Messenger has a Connection helper: Tools/Options/Connection/Advanced
    Settings/Tcp/IP/Test; while there, check the "Save a connection log" for
    more details.
    Michael

    Phillips, Jan 14, 2006