    Seems like, only lately, web sites with image placeholders abound. And I
    can't reveal the images. I have my internet options set to "show pictures".
    Help, please.

    Innocence, Sep 17, 2003

  2. Innocence

    Boomer Guest

    Innocence said:

    > Seems like, only lately, web sites with image placeholders
    > abound. And I can't reveal the images. I have my internet
    > options set to "show pictures". Help, please.

    Hi
    Web Pages Display a Red "X" Instead of a Graphic
    MS KB Article - 316545
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q316545

    Problems Displaying Images in Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q181836

    Additional information at MS Knowledge Base
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;EN-US;KBHOWTO

    Do these help?

    Boomer, Sep 17, 2003

  3. Innocence

    donj Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > Innocence said:
    >
    > > Seems like, only lately, web sites with image placeholders
    > > abound. And I can't reveal the images. I have my internet
    > > options set to "show pictures". Help, please.

    > Hi
    > Web Pages Display a Red "X" Instead of a Graphic
    > MS KB Article - 316545
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q316545
    >
    > Problems Displaying Images in Internet Explorer
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q181836
    >
    > Additional information at MS Knowledge Base
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;EN-US;KBHOWTO
    >
    > Do these help?

    Boomer, you're a darlin'. I'm now on my way to those sites.

    donj, Sep 17, 2003
  4. Innocence

    Boomer Guest

    donj said:

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> Innocence said:
    >>
    >> > Seems like, only lately, web sites with image placeholders
    >> > abound. And I can't reveal the images. I have my internet
    >> > options set to "show pictures". Help, please.

    >> Hi
    >> Web Pages Display a Red "X" Instead of a Graphic
    >> MS KB Article - 316545
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q316545
    >>
    >> Problems Displaying Images in Internet Explorer
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q181836
    >>
    >> Additional information at MS Knowledge Base
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;EN-US;KBHOWTO
    >>
    >> Do these help?

    > Boomer, you're a darlin'. I'm now on my way to those sites.

    I hope they help. :)

    Boomer, Sep 18, 2003
  5. Innocence

    donj Guest

    "donj" <_THIS.com> wrote in message

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > > Innocence said:
    > >
    > > > Seems like, only lately, web sites with image placeholders
    > > > abound. And I can't reveal the images. I have my internet
    > > > options set to "show pictures". Help, please.

    > > Hi
    > > Web Pages Display a Red "X" Instead of a Graphic
    > > MS KB Article - 316545
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q316545
    > >
    > > Problems Displaying Images in Internet Explorer
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q181836
    > >
    > > Additional information at MS Knowledge Base
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;EN-US;KBHOWTO
    > >
    > > Do these help?

    > Boomer, you're a darlin'. I'm now on my way to those sites.

    Turns out that none of the above dealt with my problem directly (the first
    one probably would have but it's not available). However, in paddling about
    in the MS support area, I noted a similar problem, i.e., failure of IE to
    download images in the proper format. One cure for that is to dump the
    Temporary Internet files and, would you believe it, I believe that it solved
    my problem, too.

    donj, Sep 18, 2003
  6. Innocence

    Boomer Guest

    donj said:

    > "donj" <_THIS.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Boomer" <> wrote in message

    >> > Hi
    >> > Web Pages Display a Red "X" Instead of a Graphic
    >> > MS KB Article - 316545
    >> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q31654
    >> > 5
    >> >
    >> > Problems Displaying Images in Internet Explorer
    >> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q18183
    >> > 6
    >> >
    >> > Additional information at MS Knowledge Base
    >> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;EN-US;KBHOWT
    >> >
    >> > Do these help?

    >> Boomer, you're a darlin'. I'm now on my way to those sites.
    >>

    > Turns out that none of the above dealt with my problem directly
    > (the first one probably would have but it's not available).
    > However, in paddling about in the MS support area, I noted a
    > similar problem, i.e., failure of IE to download images in the
    > proper format. One cure for that is to dump the Temporary
    > Internet files and, would you believe it, I believe that it
    > solved my problem, too.

    Excellent! Glad you fixed the problem.

    Boomer, Sep 18, 2003