    Rabid Guest

    Hi All,

    whats out there for easily creating and uploading a gallery with thumbnails?

    Rabid, Feb 9, 2004

  2. Rabid

    Alan F Cross Guest

    In message <LCUVb.144$>, Rabid
    <> writes
    >Hi All,
    >
    >whats out there for easily creating and uploading a gallery with thumbnails?

    BreezeBrowser

    www.breezesys.com

    Also allows batch renaming, and converts Canon RAW

    No connection, just a happy user.
    --
    Alan F Cross
    Alan F Cross, Feb 9, 2004

  3. Rabid

    Johnny Guest

    Johnny, Feb 10, 2004
  4. Rabid

    Adam Drew Guest

    Rabid wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > whats out there for easily creating and uploading a gallery with thumbnails?

    Looks like you're using Windows. Hmmm....Photoshop has a built-in
    gallery maker that works pretty well and has a few different themes.

    For Mac, I like iView Multimedia/MediaPro. It allows for a good bit of
    customization. iPhoto will also make decent galleries.

    Adam
    Adam Drew, Feb 10, 2004
  5. Rabid

    PeterH Guest

    John
    Great clear shots - what camera/lens combination did you use? (and the
    settings?)
    PeterH

    PeterH, Feb 10, 2004
  6. On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 23:22:18 +0000, Rabid wrote:

    > whats out there for easily creating and uploading a gallery with thumbnails?

    http://gallery.menalto.com/

    Very functional and has a large and active user community. I heartily
    recommend it. Set it up on a web server on one of your computers and give
    it a try : it is free.

    From their web page :
    "Gallery is a web based software product that lets you manage your photos
    on your own website. You must have your own website with PHP support in
    order to install and use it. With Gallery you can easily create and
    maintain albums of photos via an intuitive interface. Photo management
    includes automatic thumbnail creation, image resizing, rotation, ordering,
    captioning, searching and more. Albums can have read, write and caption
    permissions per individual authenticated user for an additional level of
    privacy. Give accounts to your friends and family and let them upload and
    manage their own photos on your website! "
    Jean-Marc V. Liotier, Feb 10, 2004

    Paint Shop Photo Album, from www.jasc.com.
    Marvin Margoshes, Feb 10, 2004
  8. Rabid

    Johnny Guest

    > > http://www.ushl.com/gallery/
    > >

    > > And I created this one, which also lists a summary of EXIF data:
    > >
    > > http://www.elftmann.com/ushlgallery/20040110wlln/
    > >

    > Great clear shots - what camera/lens combination did you use? (and the
    > settings?)
    > PeterH

    Peter,

    All of the pictures were taken with a Canon 10D and Sigma 70-200 f2.8.

    The settings varied. The elftmann.com photos were taken at ISO 800 and
    a shutter speed around 1/125 - 1/180. Most of the USHL.com photos were
    taken at ISO 800 and with an aperture priority of 2.8 - 3.5 or with a
    shutter priority of 250. I've since settled on manual settings, ISO
    800, f2.8 - 3.5, and a shutter speed of 1/400.

    Note that I have the luxury of not having to contend with the rink's
    glass.

    John
    Johnny, Feb 12, 2004