    separate program.

    Thanks for any advice.

    David Masters
    David Masters, Sep 15, 2006

  2. David Masters

    Rudy Benner Guest

    "David Masters" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is there any commercial or free software for creating an online
    > gallery direct from NEF images?
    >
    > IOW one that, in addition to resizing for thumbs and display size
    > photos and coding the HTML, will convert RAW to JPEG in a single
    > operations.
    >
    > I shoot mostly in RAW and it is tedious to convert to JPEG in a
    > separate program.
    >
    > Thanks for any advice.
    >
    > David Masters

    Adobe Photoshop CS2. Not the way I would do it but it works, just tried it.

    From Adobe Bridge, select the images you want, go to Tools>Photoshop>Web
    Photo Gallery.
    Rudy Benner, Sep 16, 2006

  3. David Masters

    Roy G Guest

    > Is there any commercial or free software for creating an online
    > gallery direct from NEF images?
    >
    > IOW one that, in addition to resizing for thumbs and display size
    > photos and coding the HTML, will convert RAW to JPEG in a single
    > operations.
    >
    > I shoot mostly in RAW and it is tedious to convert to JPEG in a
    > separate program.
    >
    > Thanks for any advice.
    >
    > David Masters

    If you are going to apply an automatic conversion from NEF to Jpeg then
    resize down for Web use, why bother shooting in NEF at all.

    Just shoot at the size of Jpeg you want.

    Roy G
    Roy G, Sep 16, 2006
  4. On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 07:50:36 +0930, in rec.photo.digital David Masters
    <> wrote:

    >Is there any commercial or free software for creating an online
    >gallery direct from NEF images?
    >
    >IOW one that, in addition to resizing for thumbs and display size
    >photos and coding the HTML, will convert RAW to JPEG in a single
    >operations.
    >
    >I shoot mostly in RAW and it is tedious to convert to JPEG in a
    >separate program.

    Tedious, what are you using to convert? Most decent converters have batch
    modes that take the tedium out if you're not interested in individually
    adjusting each conversion.
    --
    Ed Ruf ()
    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Sep 16, 2006
  5. David Masters

    Tintack Guest

    --
    try http://www.rawphotodesk.com/ It is free and one of the best see it in
    use at

    http://www.stubberfield.net/langley/index.html

    Dave

    Tintack, Sep 16, 2006
  6. David Masters

    Paradox Guest

    David Masters wrote:

    > Is there any commercial or free software for creating an online
    > gallery direct from NEF images?
    >
    > IOW one that, in addition to resizing for thumbs and display size
    > photos and coding the HTML, will convert RAW to JPEG in a single
    > operations.
    >
    > I shoot mostly in RAW and it is tedious to convert to JPEG in a
    > separate program.
    >
    > Thanks for any advice.
    >
    > David Masters

    If you want to batch-process a large number of photos you could try
    ImageMagick. It's free and powerful, but runs from the command line.

    ----
    Showcase your photos on http://www.imageoak.com
    Paradox, Sep 16, 2006
  7. Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Sep 17, 2006
  8. David Masters

    Tintack Guest

    Tintack, Sep 18, 2006
  9. David Masters

    Chris Dubea Guest

    On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 07:50:36 +0930, David Masters
    <> wrote:

    >Is there any commercial or free software for creating an online
    >gallery direct from NEF images?
    >
    >IOW one that, in addition to resizing for thumbs and display size
    >photos and coding the HTML, will convert RAW to JPEG in a single
    >operations.
    >
    >I shoot mostly in RAW and it is tedious to convert to JPEG in a
    >separate program.
    >
    >Thanks for any advice.
    >
    >David Masters

    iMatch will do this although it's not free. It is reasonably priced
    at$69.95
    Chris
    Chris Dubea, Sep 19, 2006
  10. David Masters

    Paul Rubin Guest

    David Masters <> writes:
    > Is there any commercial or free software for creating an online
    > gallery direct from NEF images?
    >
    > IOW one that, in addition to resizing for thumbs and display size
    > photos and coding the HTML, will convert RAW to JPEG in a single
    > operations.

    I use a pretty crude python script for generating thumbnail galleries
    but I guess I can clean it up and post it. It would be pretty simple
    to have it run dcraw to convert nef to jpeg, then generate thumbs from
    the jpeg.
    Paul Rubin, Sep 19, 2006
  11. David Masters

    Guest

    Paul Rubin <http://> writes:

    > David Masters <> writes:
    >> Is there any commercial or free software for creating an online
    >> gallery direct from NEF images?
    >>
    >> IOW one that, in addition to resizing for thumbs and display size
    >> photos and coding the HTML, will convert RAW to JPEG in a single
    >> operations.

    > I use a pretty crude python script for generating thumbnail galleries
    > but I guess I can clean it up and post it. It would be pretty simple
    > to have it run dcraw to convert nef to jpeg, then generate thumbs from
    > the jpeg.

    You do know that there are already 2 jpgs IN the nef file that
    EXIFTOOL can extract for you?

    --
    Paul Repacholi 1 Crescent Rd.,
    +61 (08) 9257-1001 Kalamunda.