    But it does not work when my daughter is on msn her friends see a
    blank screen, but if she adjusts the brightness her pals see the screen
    getting lighter and darker but no picture, any help would be appreciated.
    crashbang1, Jun 5, 2007

  2. crashbang1

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "crashbang1" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello, recently got a computer with vista, and bought a "silvercrest
    > WG2130 web cam (came with vista driver) installed ok, cam works with
    > bundled software (video making etc.
    >
    > But it does not work when my daughter is on msn her friends see a blank
    > screen, but if she adjusts the brightness her pals see the screen getting
    > lighter and darker but no picture, any help would be appreciated.

    You might want to post to a MS.Public.Windows.Vista NG like General or Setup
    to see if they can help you.
    Mr. Arnold, Jun 5, 2007

  3. crashbang1

    Robb Guest

    crashbang1 wrote:

    > But it does not work when my daughter is on msn her friends see a
    >blank screen, but if she adjusts the brightness her pals see the screen
    >getting lighter and darker but no picture, any help would be appreciated.

    Ask your daughter Paris, Brittany, whatever her name is - if she can kindly
    point the web cam at -> herself. If she's not in the messenger PIP try
    turning on a LIGHT.

    --
    Robb
    Robb, Jun 5, 2007
  4. "Robb" <> wrote in message
    > crashbang1 wrote:
    >
    >> But it does not work when my daughter is on msn her friends see a
    >>blank screen, but if she adjusts the brightness her pals see the screen
    >>getting lighter and darker but no picture, any help would be appreciated.

    > Ask your daughter Paris, Brittany, whatever her name is - if she can
    > kindly
    > point the web cam at -> herself. If she's not in the messenger PIP try
    > turning on a LIGHT.

    Sounds like the lens cap is on ;)
    Richard Parkin, Jun 5, 2007
  5. crashbang1

    crashbang1 Guest

    Richard Parkin wrote:
    > "Robb" <> wrote in message
    >> crashbang1 wrote:
    >>
    >>> But it does not work when my daughter is on msn her friends see a
    >>> blank screen, but if she adjusts the brightness her pals see the screen
    >>> getting lighter and darker but no picture, any help would be appreciated.

    >> Ask your daughter Paris, Brittany, whatever her name is - if she can
    >> kindly
    >> point the web cam at -> herself. If she's not in the messenger PIP try
    >> turning on a LIGHT.

    > Sounds like the lens cap is on ;)

    If you read my origonal post, the camers works withe bundled software,
    and with BT soft phone but not msn or windows instant messenger.
    Jeez is Kad man still around? Still as polite as ever :)
    crashbang1, Jun 5, 2007
  6. "crashbang1" <> wrote in message

    > If you read my origonal post, the camers works withe bundled software, and
    > with BT soft phone but not msn or windows instant messenger.
    > Jeez is Kad man still around? Still as polite as ever :)

    Sorry - missed your first post; my news server always seems to drop the
    pertinent ones ;)

    I assume Kad man is still around, but thanks to the Wonders Of Technology I
    don't have to see any of his rabid postings.
    Richard Parkin, Jun 5, 2007