    as if it will load the browser and then it drops out. I would be
    grateful if anyone would suggest how to resolve this.

    Thanks for looking

    sonsdad, Jul 29, 2009

  2. sonsdad

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:36:31 +0100, sonsdad <>
    wrote:

    >Hi Group
    >I have a MAC and use Windows XP Home via Bootcamp. I am unable to use
    >Firefox or Internet Explorer. If I click on either it for a scond looks
    >as if it will load the browser and then it drops out. I would be
    >grateful if anyone would suggest how to resolve this.

    What do you mean by 'drops out'? Does the browser close? Does Windows
    (in boot camp) close? Something else?

    What if you go to start, run, and type in www.google.com ?

    Evan Platt, Jul 29, 2009

  3. sonsdad

    Dan C Guest

    On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:36:31 +0100, sonsdad wrote:

    > Hi Group
    > I have a MAC and use Windows XP Home via Bootcamp. I am unable to use
    > Firefox or Internet Explorer. If I click on either it for a scond looks
    > as if it will load the browser and then it drops out. I would be
    > grateful if anyone would suggest how to resolve this.
    >
    > Thanks for looking

    Sounds like you need to format your hard drive.

    Need help? -- http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/ubuntu.jpg
    Get a job! -- http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/republican.jpg

    Dan C, Jul 29, 2009
  4. sonsdad

    sonsdad Guest

    Dan C wrote:
    > On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:36:31 +0100, sonsdad wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Group
    >> I have a MAC and use Windows XP Home via Bootcamp. I am unable to use
    >> Firefox or Internet Explorer. If I click on either it for a scond looks
    >> as if it will load the browser and then it drops out. I would be
    >> grateful if anyone would suggest how to resolve this.
    >>
    >> Thanks for looking

    > Sounds like you need to format your hard drive.

    I tried to access Google through run and it falied also. What happens is
    that I click on the Firefox shotcut and it shows the egg timer for a
    scond and nothing happen.

    sonsdad, Jul 29, 2009
  5. sonsdad

    John Holmes Guest

    sonsdad "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > I have a MAC

    That's your problem, not ours.

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Jul 29, 2009
  6. On 7/29/2009 8:09 PM, sonsdad wrote:

    > I tried to access Google through run and it falied also. What happens is
    > that I click on the Firefox shotcut and it shows the egg timer for a
    > scond and nothing happen.

    Open task manager and goto Processes tab. Note if the firefox.exe
    process actually shows up momentarily and then disappears...as in gets
    killed. Most probably some other security application or malware maybe
    blocking. similar for iexplore.exe

    --
    Diabolic Preacher
    As Is

    Diabolic Preacher, Jul 29, 2009
  7. sonsdad

    Dan C Guest

    On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 15:39:59 +0100, sonsdad wrote:

    > Dan C wrote:
    >> On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:36:31 +0100, sonsdad wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi Group
    >>> I have a MAC and use Windows XP Home via Bootcamp. I am unable to use
    >>> Firefox or Internet Explorer. If I click on either it for a scond
    >>> looks as if it will load the browser and then it drops out. I would be
    >>> grateful if anyone would suggest how to resolve this.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for looking

    >> Sounds like you need to format your hard drive.
    >>

    > I tried to access Google through run and it falied also. What happens is
    > that I click on the Firefox shotcut and it shows the egg timer for a
    > scond and nothing happen.

    No shit. That's why I told you that you'll need to format your hard
    drive to correct this. It's a very common problem, and an easy fix.

    Just do it.

    Dan C, Jul 29, 2009
  8. In message <>, Dan C wrote:
    > On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 15:39:59 +0100, sonsdad wrote:
    >
    > > Dan C wrote:

    > >> Sounds like you need to format your hard drive.
    > >>

    > > I tried to access Google through run and it falied also. What happens is
    > > that I click on the Firefox shotcut and it shows the egg timer for a
    > > scond and nothing happen.

    > No shit. That's why I told you that you'll need to format your hard
    > drive to correct this. It's a very common problem, and an easy fix.
    >
    > Just do it.

    Heh...you dont "format" a mac. You "initialise" it.

    HTH

    --
    Proof of Americas 3rd world status:
    http://www.ramusa.org/

    §ñühw¤£f, Jul 29, 2009
  9. In message <h4q7bc$skt$>, Diabolic Preacher wrote:
    > On 7/29/2009 8:09 PM, sonsdad wrote:
    >
    > > I tried to access Google through run and it falied also. What happens is
    > > that I click on the Firefox shotcut and it shows the egg timer for a
    > > scond and nothing happen.

    > Open task manager and goto Processes tab. Note if the firefox.exe
    > process actually shows up momentarily and then disappears...as in gets
    > killed. Most probably some other security application or malware maybe
    > blocking. similar for iexplore.exe

    He's doing VM on a mac which is emulating XP home....

    Connectivity to the net would be handled by the Apple, and therefore the Mac OS
    is blocking access to the net, wisely :)

    Simple solution. Use OSX to browse the net.
    Use XP to do the buisness-related stuff.

    §ñühw¤£f, Jul 29, 2009
  10. In message <3bZbm.78963$2>, sonsdad wrote:
    > Dan C wrote:
    > > On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:36:31 +0100, sonsdad wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi Group
    > >> I have a MAC and use Windows XP Home via Bootcamp. I am unable to use
    > >> Firefox or Internet Explorer. If I click on either it for a scond looks
    > >> as if it will load the browser and then it drops out. I would be
    > >> grateful if anyone would suggest how to resolve this.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks for looking

    > > Sounds like you need to format your hard drive.
    > >

    > I tried to access Google through run and it falied also. What happens is
    > that I click on the Firefox shotcut and it shows the egg timer for a
    > scond and nothing happen.

    Listen up genius, and listen good. Get expert advice here:
    http://discussions.apple.com/category.jspa?categoryID=237
    http://www.dualbootguru.com/
    http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/

    Its like kids these days have *no* g00gle 5|<1Ll2....

    Word.

    §ñühw¤£f, Jul 29, 2009
  11. sonsdad

    skeeter Guest

    "§ñühw¤£f" <> wrote in message
    > In message <3bZbm.78963$2>, sonsdad wrote:
    >> Dan C wrote:

    >> > Sounds like you need to format your hard drive.
    >> >

    >> I tried to access Google through run and it falied also. What happens is
    >> that I click on the Firefox shotcut and it shows the egg timer for a
    >> scond and nothing happen.

    > Listen up genius, and listen good. Get expert advice here:
    > http://discussions.apple.com/category.jspa?categoryID=237
    > http://www.dualbootguru.com/
    > http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/
    >
    > Its like kids these days have *no* g00gle 5|<1Ll2....
    >
    > Word.
    >
    > --
    > Proof of Americas 3rd world status:
    > http://www.ramusa.org/
    > "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the
    > people
    > by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and
    > sudden usurpations.... The means of defense against foreign danger
    > historically
    > have become the instruments of tyranny at home."
    > -James Madison

    true dat.

    skeeter, Jul 30, 2009
  12. On 7/30/2009 3:14 AM, §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    > He's doing VM on a mac which is emulating XP home....
    >
    > Connectivity to the net would be handled by the Apple, and therefore the Mac OS
    > is blocking access to the net, wisely :)
    >
    > Simple solution. Use OSX to browse the net.
    > Use XP to do the buisness-related stuff.

    Bootcamp is VM? I thought it was dual booting with each OS installed on
    the physical host (in their own partitions) than a virtual machine? And
    even if it was a VM, shouldn't generic drivers for the virtual machine
    translate to OSX network driver commands to control the net? Then again
    this issue is only with the browsers. OP can try a test ping or tracert
    from a Command Prompt in XP.

    --
    Diabolic Preacher
    As Is

    Diabolic Preacher, Jul 30, 2009
  13. Diabolic Preacher <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<h4s5o4$rio$>:

    >On 7/30/2009 3:14 AM, §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    >> He's doing VM on a mac which is emulating XP home....
    >>
    >> Connectivity to the net would be handled by the Apple, and therefore

    the Mac OS
    >> is blocking access to the net, wisely :)
    >>
    >> Simple solution. Use OSX to browse the net.
    >> Use XP to do the buisness-related stuff.
    >>

    >Bootcamp is VM? I thought it was dual booting with each OS installed

    on
    >the physical host (in their own partitions) than a virtual machine?

    <blink>
    <blink>

    D'OH!

    And
    >even if it was a VM, shouldn't generic drivers for the virtual machine
    >translate to OSX network driver commands to control the net? Then

    again
    >this issue is only with the browsers. OP can try a test ping or

    tracert
    >from a Command Prompt in XP.

    THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

    So its a driver issue, just like I said originally.
    Yeah...
    ^_^

    §ñühw¤£f, Jul 30, 2009
  14. skeeter <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<h4qpbh$e8h$>:

    >"§ñühw¤£f" <> wrote in message

    to use

    scond

    >>> I tried to access Google through run and it falied also. What

    happens is
    >>> that I click on the Firefox shotcut and it shows the egg timer for

    >>> scond and nothing happen.

    >> Listen up genius, and listen good. Get expert advice here:
    >> http://discussions.apple.com/category.jspa?categoryID=237
    >> http://www.dualbootguru.com/
    >> http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/
    >>
    >> Its like kids these days have *no* g00gle 5|<1Ll2....
    >>
    >> Word.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Proof of Americas 3rd world status:
    >> http://www.ramusa.org/
    >> "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of

    the
    >> people
    >> by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by

    violent and
    >> sudden usurpations.... The means of defense against foreign danger
    >> historically
    >> have become the instruments of tyranny at home."
    >> -James Madison
    >>

    >true dat.

    I shouldnt be so cocky.
    I thot bootcamp was a virtual machine...not real-deal dual booting.

    Durrrrrrrrrrr...

    §ñühw¤£f, Jul 30, 2009
  15. On 7/30/2009 8:06 PM, §ñühw¤£f wrote:

    >> Bootcamp is VM? I thought it was dual booting with each OS installed

    > on
    >> the physical host (in their own partitions) than a virtual machine?

    > <blink>
    > <blink>
    >
    > D'OH!

    I am not sure what your D'OH means but I verified from apple.com[1] and
    Wikipedia[2] that BootCamp is not VM, but software like VMWare or
    Parallels is used for VM.

    Installation disc of OSX contains Windows drivers for the Mac hardware.

    > THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!!!!!
    >
    > So its a driver issue, just like I said originally.
    > Yeah...
    > ^_^

    Unless OP finds that only browser is not loading pages but pings and
    traceroute are going through, then only does he need to bother with drivers.

    If you still meant all this, then D'OH in advance :)

    Diabolic Preacher, Jul 31, 2009
  16. Diabolic Preacher, Jul 31, 2009
  17. sonsdad

    Aardvark Guest