    --
    Http://www.Dave.net.nz
    Play Hangman

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 7, 2004

  2. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    David Preece Guest

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Is there a web based VNC client that I can chuck on my web server?

    Ah, mate, it's better than that! The VNC server can serve up a Java web
    page for the machine it's live on. All it needs is some firewall
    trickery, and you're away.

    http://www.realvnc.com/javavncviewer.html

    It's a bit, y'know, Java but it does the job.

    Cheers,
    Dave

    David Preece, Feb 7, 2004

  3. David Preece wrote:
    >> Is there a web based VNC client that I can chuck on my web server?

    > Ah, mate, it's better than that! The VNC server can serve up a Java web
    > page for the machine it's live on. All it needs is some firewall
    > trickery, and you're away.
    > http://www.realvnc.com/javavncviewer.html
    > It's a bit, y'know, Java but it does the job.

    nice... but heres a bit that you snipped "Setting up my machine to be
    accessable via the web thing in VNC isn't really ideal."

    --
    Http://www.Dave.net.nz
    Play Hangman

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 7, 2004
  4. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    David Preece Guest

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > nice... but heres a bit that you snipped "Setting up my machine to be
    > accessable via the web thing in VNC isn't really ideal."

    Sorry. Must learn to RTFusenetpost.

    Dave

    David Preece, Feb 7, 2004
  5. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    steve Guest

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Is there a web based VNC client that I can chuck on my web server?
    >
    > as in so I can go to a webpage, enter in the IP/port/password of my
    > machine at home, and do it?
    >
    > other wise I have to carry round a cd with VNCviewer.exe on it or
    > download it each time.
    >
    > Setting up my machine to be accessable via the web thing in VNC isn't
    > really ideal.

    an ssh tunnel into the system.....then use VNC?

    Are we talking Linux (comes naturally) or Windows (have to add the
    functionality)?

    steve, Feb 7, 2004
  6. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    Ian Boag Guest

    GoToMyPC

    not free of course ........

    Ian Boag, Feb 7, 2004
  7. On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 18:37:25 +0000, Ian Boag wrote:

    > GoToMyPC
    >
    > not free of course ........

    Even the original test VNC servers had webservers on port 5880

    Try www.tightvnc.org - the server has a webserver function and it's free.

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Feb 8, 2004
  8. David Preece wrote:
    >> nice... but heres a bit that you snipped "Setting up my machine to be
    >> accessable via the web thing in VNC isn't really ideal."

    > Sorry. Must learn to RTFusenetpost.

    no worries... for the moment I am using it, but I would rather have it
    turned off.

    --
    Http://www.Dave.net.nz
    Play Hangman

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 8, 2004
  9. steve wrote:
    >>Setting up my machine to be accessable via the web thing in VNC isn't
    >>really ideal.

    > an ssh tunnel into the system.....then use VNC?
    > Are we talking Linux (comes naturally) or Windows (have to add the
    > functionality)?

    Windows box... but, Im on wireless, with a private IP...
    I can ping my machine from the webserver(putty->shell), so I figure I
    can probably connect to it too. Webserver is a BSD box.

    --
    Http://www.Dave.net.nz
    Play Hangman

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 8, 2004
  10. Ian Boag wrote:
    > GoToMyPC
    > not free of course ........

    I have tried a free trial of that ages ago, and I didn't like it, it
    lagged really badly compared to VNC.

    This was on Jetstart at the time.

    --
    Http://www.Dave.net.nz
    Play Hangman

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 8, 2004
  11. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    Ian Boag Guest

    "T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote:

    >Ian Boag wrote:
    >> GoToMyPC
    >> not free of course ........

    >I have tried a free trial of that ages ago, and I didn't like it, it
    >lagged really badly compared to VNC.
    >
    >This was on Jetstart at the time.
    >
    >--
    >Http://www.Dave.net.nz
    >Play Hangman
    >Register, and play Space Invaders or Pacman.

    Has the advantage of being totally secure and unhackable - no open
    ports listening for anything etc etc

    Ian Boag, Feb 8, 2004
  12. On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 18:50:47 +0000, Ian Boag wrote:

    > Has the advantage of being totally secure and unhackable - no open
    > ports listening for anything etc etc

    Nothing is totally secure and nothing is unhackable. The limiting factor
    is the determination of the attackers.

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Feb 8, 2004
  13. Ian Boag wrote:
    > Has the advantage of being totally secure and unhackable - no open
    > ports listening for anything etc etc

    Nothing is ever "totally secure and unhackable"
    If it has no open ports... how does it listen for an incoming connection?

    --
    Http://www.Dave.net.nz
    Play Hangman

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 9, 2004
  14. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    peterone

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    I'd suggest to try this fresh VNC viewer which works from the Web browser window -OnlineVNC Viewer. This is exactly what you are looking for.

    peterone, Sep 18, 2012