    they secure?
    Thanks
    John

    jeh, Sep 17, 2004

  2. jeh

    Drifter Guest

    On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 20:16:39 -0400, "jeh" <> wrote:

    >Can anyone recommend a good--and free--web-based file storage site? Are
    >they secure?
    >Thanks
    >John

    Let me get this straight, you want to hand all your files off to
    "someone" out there, you want it to be secure, and you don't want to
    pay anything.

    Have you really thought about this?

    Drifter
    "I've been here, I've been there..."

    Drifter, Sep 17, 2004

  3. jeh

    Budgie Guest

    "jeh" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone recommend a good--and free--web-based file storage site? Are
    > they secure?
    > Thanks
    > John

    Free e-mail? Yahoo?

    Budgie

    Budgie, Sep 17, 2004
  4. jeh

    fruitbat Guest

    fruitbat, Sep 17, 2004
  5. jeh

    Plato Guest

    jeh wrote:

    > Can anyone recommend a good--and free--web-based file storage site? Are
    > they secure?

    Free And Secure? [grin]

    Plato, Sep 17, 2004
  6. jeh

    jeh Guest

    No, nothing that important or that personal. Just to back up stuff like
    pictures and notes in case my house and computer gets wiped out by a
    hurricane--which seem to be very possible of late. When I said "secure" I
    meant that it wouldn't be deleted, and I *have* seen some that advertised
    the ability to encrypt what you upload. Just thought I'd ask.
    Thanks anyway.

    jeh, Sep 18, 2004
  7. jeh

    Drifter Guest

    On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 20:18:23 -0400, "jeh" <> wrote:

    >No, nothing that important or that personal. Just to back up stuff like
    >pictures and notes in case my house and computer gets wiped out by a
    >hurricane--which seem to be very possible of late. When I said "secure" I
    >meant that it wouldn't be deleted, and I *have* seen some that advertised
    >the ability to encrypt what you upload. Just thought I'd ask.
    >Thanks anyway.

    Really I'd just burn stuff to a cd or dvd and keep it at a friends or
    at your parents or something.

    Drifter
    "I've been here, I've been there..."

    Drifter, Sep 18, 2004
  8. jeh

    jeh Guest

    "fruitbat" <> wrote in message

    > "jeh" <> wrote in message
    > > Can anyone recommend a good--and free--web-based file storage site? Are
    > > they secure?
    > > Thanks
    > > John

    > http://www.lights.com/pickalink/freestorage/
    > has a list of many free file storage locations.
    >
    > http://www.swiftdesk.com/ and http://briefcase.yahoo.com are worth a
    > look for free storage

    Thanks. Yahoo briefcase looks like what I was looking for.
    John

    jeh, Sep 18, 2004