    http://tokoroa.dyndns.org

    Comments (Good Bad Ugly or otherwise) welcomed.

    BTW I know the hit counter/Ranking is not working yet

    Collector»NZ, Apr 28, 2007

  2. Collector»NZ wrote:
    > Well despite still being very much a work in progress (Are these things
    > ever anything else) I have turned my Weather Site Live to public access.
    >
    > http://tokoroa.dyndns.org
    >
    > Comments (Good Bad Ugly or otherwise) welcomed.
    >
    > BTW I know the hit counter/Ranking is not working yet

    Also interested in Ideas for what people want to see on a weather site. I
    intend to add a North Island Mesomap of weather stations and definitely need to
    improve the Webcam

    Collector»NZ, Apr 28, 2007

  3. Collector»NZ

    Shane Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:

    > Well despite still being very much a work in progress (Are these things
    > ever anything else) I have turned my Weather Site Live to public access.
    >
    > http://tokoroa.dyndns.org
    >
    > Comments (Good Bad Ugly or otherwise) welcomed.

    Nice! :)

    > BTW I know the hit counter/Ranking is not working yet

    The counter thing isnt working :)

    --
    Q: What is clear and used by trendy sophisticated engineers to solve other
    differential equations?

    Shane, Apr 28, 2007
  4. Collector»NZ

    Shane Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:

    > Comments (Good Bad Ugly or otherwise) welcomed.

    The moon is backwards
    Northern Hemisphere moon waxes right to left,
    Southern Hemisphere moon waxes left to right

    If you rotate the image 180 degrees you will be right.

    ps. What weather thingy/software are you using (me like)

    --
    Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x].

    Shane, Apr 28, 2007
  5. Collector»NZ

    Gordon Guest

    On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 10:20:45 +1200, Collector»NZ wrote:

    > Well despite still being very much a work in progress (Are these things
    > ever anything else) I have turned my Weather Site Live to public access.
    >
    > http://tokoroa.dyndns.org
    >
    > Comments (Good Bad Ugly or otherwise) welcomed.

    A wind chill index might be better than a heat index, or have both.

    That blue background is a wee bit over powering, a shade lighter would be
    better.

    The bottom of the top banner at the LHS column needs to be higher, or the
    second picture a wee bit lower. As it is the bottom of the banner "bangs"
    into the picture. A small point.

    Gordon, Apr 29, 2007
  6. Shane wrote:
    > Collector»NZ wrote:
    >
    >> Comments (Good Bad Ugly or otherwise) welcomed.

    > The moon is backwards
    > Northern Hemisphere moon waxes right to left,
    > Southern Hemisphere moon waxes left to right
    >
    > If you rotate the image 180 degrees you will be right.
    >
    > ps. What weather thingy/software are you using (me like)

    Look at weather station page.

    La Crose weather station and Weather Display Live software

    Collector»NZ, Apr 29, 2007
  7. Gordon wrote:
    > On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 10:20:45 +1200, Collector»NZ wrote:
    >
    >> Well despite still being very much a work in progress (Are these things
    >> ever anything else) I have turned my Weather Site Live to public access.
    >>
    >> http://tokoroa.dyndns.org
    >>
    >> Comments (Good Bad Ugly or otherwise) welcomed.

    > A wind chill index might be better than a heat index, or have both.
    >
    > That blue background is a wee bit over powering, a shade lighter would be
    > better.
    >
    > The bottom of the top banner at the LHS column needs to be higher, or the
    > second picture a wee bit lower. As it is the bottom of the banner "bangs"
    > into the picture. A small point.

    Wind Chill and Heat Index swap places as dictated by values

    Artistic things are/is the least of the effort here. Configuring all the
    software etc has been the major effort

    Collector»NZ, Apr 29, 2007
  8. Shane wrote:
    > Collector»NZ wrote:
    >
    >> Well despite still being very much a work in progress (Are these things
    >> ever anything else) I have turned my Weather Site Live to public access.
    >>
    >> http://tokoroa.dyndns.org
    >>
    >> Comments (Good Bad Ugly or otherwise) welcomed.
    >>

    > Nice! :)
    >
    >> BTW I know the hit counter/Ranking is not working yet

    > The counter thing isnt working :)

    It is now.

    Collector»NZ, Apr 29, 2007
  9. Collector»NZ

    Damos Guest

    wrote:

    > Well despite still being very much a work in progress (Are these things
    > ever anything else) I have turned my Weather Site Live to public access.
    >
    > http://tokoroa.dyndns.org
    >
    > Comments (Good Bad Ugly or otherwise) welcomed.
    >
    > BTW I know the hit counter/Ranking is not working yet

    Look good.

    I'd add a link on the front page to the Weather Display site. Got to
    support kiwi software!!
    Thought about uploading to weatherunderground or similar??

    D.

    www.kags.net

    --
    "It's a foreboding I have - maybe ill placed - of my children's generation
    or my grandchildren's generation ... when clutching our horoscopes, our

    Carl Sagan.

    Damos, Apr 29, 2007
  10. Damos wrote:
    > On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 10:20:45 +1200, Collector»NZ
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Well despite still being very much a work in progress (Are these
    >> things ever anything else) I have turned my Weather Site Live to
    >> public access.
    >>
    >> http://tokoroa.dyndns.org
    >>
    >> Comments (Good Bad Ugly or otherwise) welcomed.
    >>
    >> BTW I know the hit counter/Ranking is not working yet

    > Look good.
    >
    > I'd add a link on the front page to the Weather Display site. Got to
    > support kiwi software!!
    > Thought about uploading to weatherunderground or similar??
    >
    > D.
    >
    > www.kags.net
    >

    > --"It's a foreboding I have - maybe ill placed - of my children's
    > generation
    > or my grandchildren's generation ... when clutching our horoscopes, our
    > critical faculties in steep decline, unable to distinguish between what
    > right and what feels good, we slide, almost without noticing, into
    > superstition and darkness."
    >
    > Carl Sagan.

    Already several links to the software (WDL is actually not brians prog but he
    sells it on anyway by agreement)

    Wunderground, they dont half make it difficult to do anything with the sites a
    mismash of stuff, but eventually I will get to that

    Collector»NZ, Apr 29, 2007
  11. Collector»NZ

    Richard Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:

    > Already several links to the software (WDL is actually not brians prog
    > but he sells it on anyway by agreement)
    >
    > Wunderground, they dont half make it difficult to do anything with the
    > sites a mismash of stuff, but eventually I will get to that

    I really should get my one wire station back up on the roof...

    Richard, Apr 29, 2007
  12. Collector»NZ

    bAZZ Guest

    wrote:

    > Well despite still being very much a work in progress (Are these things
    > ever anything else) I have turned my Weather Site Live to public access.
    >
    > http://tokoroa.dyndns.org
    >
    > Comments (Good Bad Ugly or otherwise) welcomed.
    >
    > BTW I know the hit counter/Ranking is not working yet

    Get an error message about flash player 9 not liking it amd may cause
    computer to become unresponsive. Ignored it and loaded OK so whatever
    script it didn't like didn't do much too nasty.

    bazz

    ps. Am using youngest sons old K6-500 256 ram onboard graphics running
    opera 9 on xp and didn't take too long to load either !!LOL

    bAZZ, Apr 29, 2007
  13. Collector»NZ

    thingy Guest

    Shane wrote:
    > Collector»NZ wrote:
    >
    >> Comments (Good Bad Ugly or otherwise) welcomed.

    > The moon is backwards
    > Northern Hemisphere moon waxes right to left,
    > Southern Hemisphere moon waxes left to right
    >
    > If you rotate the image 180 degrees you will be right.
    >
    > ps. What weather thingy/software are you using (me like)

    me too....

    Must look at....

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Apr 29, 2007
  14. Collector»NZ

    thingy Guest

    Shane wrote:
    > Collector»NZ wrote:
    >
    >> Comments (Good Bad Ugly or otherwise) welcomed.

    > The moon is backwards
    > Northern Hemisphere moon waxes right to left,
    > Southern Hemisphere moon waxes left to right
    >
    > If you rotate the image 180 degrees you will be right.
    >
    > ps. What weather thingy/software are you using (me like)

    Linux is now also available!

    :D

    units now seem cheaper as well.....drool....

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Apr 29, 2007
  15. Collector»NZ

    bAZZ Guest

    On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 19:17:16 +1200, bAZZ <> wrote:

    > On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 10:20:45 +1200, Collector»NZ
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Well despite still being very much a work in progress (Are these things
    >> ever anything else) I have turned my Weather Site Live to public access.
    >>
    >> http://tokoroa.dyndns.org
    >>
    >> Comments (Good Bad Ugly or otherwise) welcomed.
    >>
    >> BTW I know the hit counter/Ranking is not working yet

    > Get an error message about flash player 9 not liking it amd may cause
    > computer to become unresponsive. Ignored it and loaded OK so whatever
    > script it didn't like didn't do much too nasty.
    >
    > bazz
    >
    > ps. Am using youngest sons old K6-500 256 ram onboard graphics running
    > opera 9 on xp and didn't take too long to load either !!LOL

    oh, should also have said it is good looking site and very good info on
    your local weather. I take it that this is the result of some earlier
    discussions you started about wheather station set up. If you don't mind
    answering what was the total cost for hardware and software to get it live
    as you have done ? I had thought of this myself but was put off by costs.
    Can you configure it to have web cam display outside pix of wheather
    rather than inside the office ? That would be good to actually see
    conditions in addition to the wealth of info the stats provide.

    Well done.

    bAZZ

    bAZZ, Apr 29, 2007
  16. bAZZ wrote:
    > On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 19:17:16 +1200, bAZZ <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 10:20:45 +1200, Collector»NZ
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Well despite still being very much a work in progress (Are these
    >>> things ever anything else) I have turned my Weather Site Live to
    >>> public access.
    >>>
    >>> http://tokoroa.dyndns.org
    >>>
    >>> Comments (Good Bad Ugly or otherwise) welcomed.
    >>>
    >>> BTW I know the hit counter/Ranking is not working yet

    >> Get an error message about flash player 9 not liking it amd may cause
    >> computer to become unresponsive. Ignored it and loaded OK so whatever
    >> script it didn't like didn't do much too nasty.
    >>
    >> bazz
    >>
    >> ps. Am using youngest sons old K6-500 256 ram onboard graphics running
    >> opera 9 on xp and didn't take too long to load either !!LOL

    > oh, should also have said it is good looking site and very good info on
    > your local weather. I take it that this is the result of some earlier
    > discussions you started about wheather station set up. If you don't mind
    > answering what was the total cost for hardware and software to get it
    > live as you have done ? I had thought of this myself but was put off by
    > costs. Can you configure it to have web cam display outside pix of
    > wheather rather than inside the office ? That would be good to actually
    > see conditions in addition to the wealth of info the stats provide.
    >
    > Well done.
    >
    > bAZZ
    >
    > --Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/

    Okay well I havnt added up the costs so far and I have more to spend yet.

    Weather station US$176
    Software NZ$136
    Spare computer to run web server and station software - well nothing really
    Web cam had it already
    Bandwidth, stuff all

    It point out the window but at night you see a reflection of the office. One of
    the many things I need to look at.

    It is a work of many years thinking planning and waiting to be in the situation
    to do.

    Tokoroa Live weather site
    http://tokoroa.dyndns.org
    ==

    Collector»NZ, Apr 30, 2007
  17. Collector»NZ

    bAZZ Guest

    On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 18:48:25 +1200, Collector»NZ <>
    wrote:
    *snip*

    > Weather station US$176
    > Software NZ$136
    > Spare computer to run web server and station software - well nothing
    > really
    > Web cam had it already
    > Bandwidth, stuff all
    >
    > It point out the window but at night you see a reflection of the office.
    > One of the many things I need to look at.
    >
    > It is a work of many years thinking planning and waiting to be in the
    > situation to do.

    thanks for that info. It was a couple years ago I looked at it and cost of
    the weather station was way too much for a 'hobby' project. US 176 is not
    too bad. Like you I have everything else laying around so may have another
    look at it. I have plans to set up a webserver shortly to upload photos
    from webcam that takes security photos so could incorporate it into that.
    Hmmmm.

    bAZZ

    bAZZ, Apr 30, 2007