    --
    I made magic once. Now, the sofa is gone...
    http://www.dwacon.com
    dwacon, Jul 14, 2005

  2. dwacon

    Voltardo Guest

    dwacon wrote:

    >Our local news/traffic/weather channel drops its signal power in spring and
    >early summer -- and I have been wondering if there is something that can
    >increase the signal to my clock radio. It has no connectors for an external
    >antenna, so I may be SOL... dunneaux.

    Summat to do with bandwidth? Is manual clock adjustment available?
    --
    How wide is The 'Stones'?
    Voltardo, Jul 14, 2005

  3. dwacon

    Guest

    " dwacon" <> wrote:

    |>Our local news/traffic/weather channel drops its signal power in spring and
    |>early summer -- and I have been wondering if there is something that can
    |>increase the signal to my clock radio. It has no connectors for an external
    |>antenna, so I may be SOL... dunneaux.

    Clock radio's use the AC cord as an antenna, plug it into an extension
    cord and adjust for better reception, <shrug> who knows it might just
    work...
    --
    , Jul 14, 2005
  4. dwacon

    Old Gringo Guest

    dwacon wrote:
    > Our local news/traffic/weather channel drops its signal power in spring and
    > early summer -- and I have been wondering if there is something that can
    > increase the signal to my clock radio. It has no connectors for an external
    > antenna, so I may be SOL... dunneaux.

    This will solve your problem:
    http://ccrane.com/sangean-rcr-2-digital-atomic-clock-am-fm-radio.aspx

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life
    Old Gringo, Jul 14, 2005
  5. dwacon

    dwacon Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > dwacon wrote:
    >> Our local news/traffic/weather channel drops its signal power in spring
    >> and early summer -- and I have been wondering if there is something that
    >> can increase the signal to my clock radio. It has no connectors for an
    >> external antenna, so I may be SOL... dunneaux.
    >>

    > This will solve your problem:
    > http://ccrane.com/sangean-rcr-2-digital-atomic-clock-am-fm-radio.aspx

    Actually, my clock radio has many similar features. But BOTH seem to lack
    signal amplification...

    --
    J Lo Lingerie and 50% off Thongs
    www.cafepress.com/dwacon
    dwacon, Jul 14, 2005
  6. dwacon

    Old Gringo Guest

    dwacon wrote:
    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> dwacon wrote:
    >>
    >>>Our local news/traffic/weather channel drops its signal power in spring
    >>>and early summer -- and I have been wondering if there is something that
    >>>can increase the signal to my clock radio. It has no connectors for an
    >>>external antenna, so I may be SOL... dunneaux.
    >>>

    >>This will solve your problem:
    >>http://ccrane.com/sangean-rcr-2-digital-atomic-clock-am-fm-radio.aspx
    >>

    > Actually, my clock radio has many similar features. But BOTH seem to lack
    > signal amplification...

    Have you tried just turning the radio for signal strength?

    Old Gringo, Jul 14, 2005
  7. dwacon

    dwacon Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > dwacon wrote:
    >> "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message

    >>>This will solve your problem:
    >>>http://ccrane.com/sangean-rcr-2-digital-atomic-clock-am-fm-radio.aspx
    >>>

    >> Actually, my clock radio has many similar features. But BOTH seem to
    >> lack signal amplification...
    >>

    > Have you tried just turning the radio for signal strength?

    Yes -- I get a weak signal mid-day and no signal early morning. This is an
    analog dial... so maybe a digital tuner would be better -- but I'm sure
    there is an amplifying device that can pull in FM better. They make them
    for autos... after all.

    dwacon, Jul 15, 2005
  8. dwacon

    SirReal Guest

    Old, Old Gringo...

    > This will solve your problem:
    > http://ccrane.com/sangean-rcr-2-digital-atomic-clock-am-fm-radio.aspx

    ....for 70 bucks??!!...who really, really cares about time and space??...

    ....just wind yer elgin...or change the battery in yer
    jap made rolex....

    ....now gringo....i realizei have pissed you off in the pass...
    well...i don' really care..but since yer knowledge is
    effective, astude and perhaps sometime cumberson...
    (have a pabst blue ribbon on me)....

    now let's talk fukin' the cable/satelite purse
    squeezers...

    .....now one can gain free music, free porn, free movies
    offa the net...so where's the cable/sat??...

    ....perhaps you can start a revolution...you'll be a hero...
    (and don't gimme that crap shit about breakin' the law...shit...drive down
    any major hi-way and determine)

    ....so be a pal...you know yer daze are numbered...make a
    difference....
    SirReal, Jul 17, 2005
  9. dwacon

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Re: Old, Old Gringo...

    SirReal <> wrote:

    > .for 70 bucks?

    One of the more useless things on this earth.

    > who really, really cares about time and.

    Who is this 'we'? 'We' hasn't happened yet.

    > just wind yer elgin.

    Just like the pyramids.

    > .or change the battery in yer well.

    You can't change everything.

    > i don' really care.

    You're worse than me, so I don't know what to say.

    > but since yer knowledge is now let's talk fukin' the cable/satelite purse.

    What is there to talk about anyway?

    **** you too, you slubbering, shallow, dronish sparrow.

    > drive down any major hi-way and determine).

    And so am I.

    > so be a pal.

    So you did that?

    > you know yer daze are numbered.