We Will Not Forget

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Keyboard Cowboy, Sep 29, 2006.

  1. This is not OT. This will never be OT. Those of you who don't like it.... feel free to drop me a line... we can discuss that face to face.

    Bringing this up to remind everyone.... lest we ever forget.

    http://www.gunstuff.com/america-attacked.html

    --


    Keyboard Cowboy
    Keyboard Cowboy, Sep 29, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Keyboard Cowboy

    lowdes Guest

    I don't get it?


    "Keyboard Cowboy" <> wrote in message
    news:%...
    This is not OT. This will never be OT. Those of you who don't like it....
    feel free to drop me a line... we can discuss that face to face.

    Bringing this up to remind everyone.... lest we ever forget.

    http://www.gunstuff.com/america-attacked.html

    --


    Keyboard Cowboy
    lowdes, Sep 29, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Keyboard Cowboy

    BD [MCNGP] Guest

    Amen Brotha, it already seems that TOO many people HAVE forgotten. Good to see there are some good people out there that haven't. This is a great reminder of just WHY our troops are where they are right now.

    If you get any takers that don't like it, give me a call, I'll be there in less than 24 hours to help kick some anti-American @$$.

    --
    BD
    MCNGP #51
    -- MCNGP.com - You think you know IT!?
    -- The new IT Certification Forums: www.CertGuard.com/forums/
    "Keyboard Cowboy" <> wrote in message news:%...
    This is not OT. This will never be OT. Those of you who don't like it.... feel free to drop me a line... we can discuss that face to face.

    Bringing this up to remind everyone.... lest we ever forget.

    http://www.gunstuff.com/america-attacked.html

    --


    Keyboard Cowboy
    BD [MCNGP], Sep 29, 2006
    #3
  4. Keyboard Cowboy

    BD [MCNGP] Guest

    >>Did you see what lowdes () graced us with in
    0chTg.25576$-kc.rr.com?<<
    > I don't get it?
    >

    lowdes, you're STILL a fsuking moron...you haven't changed one iota. Just for
    that comment, if I EVER...and I mean EVER....get a chance to meet you in person,
    you'd better remember this day, because I definitely will.

    --
    BD
    MCNGP #51
    -- MCNGP.com - You think you know IT!?
    -- The new IT Certification Forums: www.CertGuard.com/forums/
    BD [MCNGP], Sep 30, 2006
    #4
  5. Keyboard Cowboy

    Jtyc Guest

    > If you get any takers that don't like it, give me a call, I'll be there in
    > less than 24 hours to help kick some anti-American @$$.



    People who disagree with the way we are fighting this war are not
    necessarily anti-American.
    Jtyc, Sep 30, 2006
    #5
  6. Keyboard Cowboy

    Guest Guest

    "Jtyc" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > > If you get any takers that don't like it, give me a call, I'll be there

    in
    > > less than 24 hours to help kick some anti-American @$$.

    >
    >
    > People who disagree with the way we are fighting this war are not
    > necessarily anti-American.
    >
    >

    True, and I really didn't mean it the sense of not being an American (for
    the most part), I was directing it toward those without the stereotypical
    "American" attitude.

    --
    BD
    MCNGP #51
    -- You think you know IT?!
    -- Check out the new forums at: http://www.CertGuard.com/forums/
    Guest, Sep 30, 2006
    #6
  7. Keyboard Cowboy

    Montreal MCT Guest


    > People who disagree with the way we are fighting this war are not
    > necessarily anti-American


    I second that... I supported the US going in, I supported getting Saddam, I
    supported overthrowing the Taliban. That being said and as a veteran of
    several mid-east skirmishes, I think the US is fighting this war the same
    way I play jai-alai... I may have the equipment but I have no f*cking idea
    what I am doing.

    G-d Bless America and its citizens and its armed forces; Every soldier,
    marine, sailor, and airman over there should be treated like a hero. The
    man who sent them over there and whose orders they take however should be
    tried for stupid.
    Montreal MCT, Sep 30, 2006
    #7
  8. Keyboard Cowboy

    Cerebrus Guest

    BD [MCNGP] wrote:

    > Amen Brotha, it already seems that TOO many people HAVE forgotten. Good to see there are some good people out there that haven't. This is a great reminder of just WHY our troops are where they are right now.
    >
    > If you get any takers that don't like it, give me a call, I'll be there in less than 24 hours to help kick some anti-American @$$.


    No, I don't agree with that. I haven't seen the video in the OP's link
    (a 7 meg video would take long to download), but it appears to be
    related to the 9/11 tragedy. As everyone knows, 9/11 was perpetrated by
    Al Qaeda not Saddam, and invading Iraq had nothing to do with getting
    after Al Qaeda. It was just plain good business sense to invade Iraq.
    It made Bush and his associates a lot richer, it hardly matters that it
    resulted in the loss of the lives of 46,000 innocent Iraqi's and 2,700
    brave American soldiers. It solved a lot of internal problems for Bush,
    too. If Bush had really wanted to avenge 9/11, he would have sent those
    troops into Pakistan, after bin Laden fled to Pak.

    So, my point is : it's one thing that the perpetrators of 9/11 were
    villains, and should be punished; and it's quite another thing to
    believe that the Iraq war is a justified vengeance for that.

    And lastly, Bush and his policies are the major reason why most of the
    peoples of this world (not just Islamic countries, mind you) have
    become "anti-American".
    Cerebrus, Sep 30, 2006
    #8
  9. Keyboard Cowboy

    Cerebrus Guest

    Montreal MCT wrote:

    > ... The man who sent them over there and whose orders they take however should be
    > tried for stupid.


    If it were up to me, I'd try him for genocide. ;-)
    Cerebrus, Sep 30, 2006
    #9
  10. Keyboard Cowboy

    Phil Guest

    Cerebrus wrote:

    > BD [MCNGP] wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Amen Brotha, it already seems that TOO many people HAVE forgotten. Good to see there are some good people out there that haven't. This is a great reminder of just WHY our troops are where they are right now.
    >>
    >>If you get any takers that don't like it, give me a call, I'll be there in less than 24 hours to help kick some anti-American @$$.

    >
    >
    > No, I don't agree with that. I haven't seen the video in the OP's link
    > (a 7 meg video would take long to download), but it appears to be
    > related to the 9/11 tragedy. As everyone knows, 9/11 was perpetrated by
    > Al Qaeda not Saddam, and invading Iraq had nothing to do with getting
    > after Al Qaeda. It was just plain good business sense to invade Iraq.
    > It made Bush and his associates a lot richer, it hardly matters that it
    > resulted in the loss of the lives of 46,000 innocent Iraqi's and 2,700
    > brave American soldiers. It solved a lot of internal problems for Bush,
    > too. If Bush had really wanted to avenge 9/11, he would have sent those
    > troops into Pakistan, after bin Laden fled to Pak.
    >
    > So, my point is : it's one thing that the perpetrators of 9/11 were
    > villains, and should be punished; and it's quite another thing to
    > believe that the Iraq war is a justified vengeance for that.
    >
    > And lastly, Bush and his policies are the major reason why most of the
    > peoples of this world (not just Islamic countries, mind you) have
    > become "anti-American".
    >

    I see this point of view all too commonly, it isn't right, anyone
    believing it is misinformed and using faulty analysis. Until you have
    lived in other countries and studied the cultures, languages and
    attitudes of peoples, you will not understand. It is not the Bush
    policies that have caused the hatred of Americans. The problem goes back
    at least a generation and in some cases hundreds of years, e.g.

    English crusades into the middle-East region
    British Empire and Commonwealth
    Colonialism [Spanish in Latin America]
    Colonialism [French and Belgians in Africa]
    World War II [North Africa/Europe/middle-East remapping]

    The point being that we are addressing issues now regarding events that
    occurred way back. We have no control over history but we must deal with
    the consequences. This NG is for MCSE discussion so the chances are that
    posters/readers are of above average intelligence. Think outside the
    box, look at current problems in the world not based on your own values
    and intellect, but at levels of IQ elsewhere. The highest average IQs
    exist in Japan, USA and UK. The Japanese are a quiet, disciplined and
    industrious people since WWII, and contribute enormously to inventions
    and technology. Look at all the inventions in common use today in our
    lives, it nearly all derives from UK & USA [electricity/telephone/etc]
    historically. The whole world wants music, films and games, again, the
    vast majority is USA & UK.

    The whole world knows who are the smartest people and that, in my
    opinion, is what drives the hatred - pure envy and jealousy. The problem
    is that it is genetic so it can't be bought or made and no matter how
    much money or power these people have, they will always have an
    inferiority complex. Studies have shown a link between IQ and wealth. IQ
    appears to be taboo in analysis probably due to sensitivity. In their
    eyes, only the destruction of the 'smart genes' can bring about the
    reduction of competition that they seek, removal of the genes from the
    gene pool, hence islamic fanatic's references to same. They want to be
    the smartest in the world.

    An example of misinformation, go back 100 yrs when the French failed
    with the Panama Canal. Panama became independent and the USA began the
    canal. The Panamanians are not taught about the $10 million that was
    paid for the rights to operate the Canal Zone as sovereign land. There
    is a hatred of Americans for having 'occupied' Panamanian territory,
    which is generations old. The USA has no control over what is or is not
    taught in schools around the world. Generations grow up misinformed and
    pass on the same to their children. Unjust, yes, but reality.

    There is also a huge resentment in the world of social/welfare benefits
    systems that exist in USA & UK. People in other countries don't have
    that luxury therefore resent it and the hatred grows. Their is a common
    belief that everybody in USA & UK is rich or has an easy life because
    their respective goverments hand out money for free to their citizens.
    There is no understnding that the money for welfare comes from taxes,
    they don't have that concept. That is one of the attractions for
    emigrating to USA & UK. People want the same 'easy' life, and blame
    colonialism, poverty, race etc as an excuse.

    Also common in people around the world is the perception that they are
    'owed' a better life by USA & UK. That is why they don't want to pay for
    anything or when they have to, they resent it. Copyright isn't
    respected, products and designs and just copied and sold with no
    contribution to the creator / designer. Theft of the design is somehow
    part payment for the 'debt'.
    Phil, Sep 30, 2006
    #10
  11. Keyboard Cowboy

    Montreal MCT Guest

    I would not go that far, but I think that the people who voted him into
    office TWICE should really be forced to wear signs a la Bill Engvall.

    M

    --
    MDG, MCT
    MCSA (2003), MCSA (2000), MCDST.
    Certified Small Business Specialist
    Visit my blog at www.mitpro.ca/Blogs/tabid/59/BlogID/2/Default.aspx


    "Cerebrus" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >
    > Montreal MCT wrote:
    >
    >> ... The man who sent them over there and whose orders they take however
    >> should be
    >> tried for stupid.

    >
    > If it were up to me, I'd try him for genocide. ;-)
    >
    Montreal MCT, Sep 30, 2006
    #11
  12. Keyboard Cowboy

    Guest Guest

    "Phil" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > I see this point of view all too commonly, it isn't right, anyone
    > believing it is misinformed and using faulty analysis. Until you have
    > lived in other countries and studied the cultures, languages and
    > attitudes of peoples, you will not understand. It is not the Bush
    > policies that have caused the hatred of Americans. The problem goes back
    > at least a generation and in some cases hundreds of years, e.g.
    >
    > English crusades into the middle-East region
    > British Empire and Commonwealth
    > Colonialism [Spanish in Latin America]
    > Colonialism [French and Belgians in Africa]
    > World War II [North Africa/Europe/middle-East remapping]
    >
    > The point being that we are addressing issues now regarding events that
    > occurred way back. We have no control over history but we must deal with
    > the consequences. This NG is for MCSE discussion so the chances are that
    > posters/readers are of above average intelligence. Think outside the
    > box, look at current problems in the world not based on your own values
    > and intellect, but at levels of IQ elsewhere. The highest average IQs
    > exist in Japan, USA and UK. The Japanese are a quiet, disciplined and
    > industrious people since WWII, and contribute enormously to inventions
    > and technology. Look at all the inventions in common use today in our
    > lives, it nearly all derives from UK & USA [electricity/telephone/etc]
    > historically. The whole world wants music, films and games, again, the
    > vast majority is USA & UK.
    >
    > The whole world knows who are the smartest people and that, in my
    > opinion, is what drives the hatred - pure envy and jealousy. The problem
    > is that it is genetic so it can't be bought or made and no matter how
    > much money or power these people have, they will always have an
    > inferiority complex. Studies have shown a link between IQ and wealth. IQ
    > appears to be taboo in analysis probably due to sensitivity. In their
    > eyes, only the destruction of the 'smart genes' can bring about the
    > reduction of competition that they seek, removal of the genes from the
    > gene pool, hence islamic fanatic's references to same. They want to be
    > the smartest in the world.
    >
    > An example of misinformation, go back 100 yrs when the French failed
    > with the Panama Canal. Panama became independent and the USA began the
    > canal. The Panamanians are not taught about the $10 million that was
    > paid for the rights to operate the Canal Zone as sovereign land. There
    > is a hatred of Americans for having 'occupied' Panamanian territory,
    > which is generations old. The USA has no control over what is or is not
    > taught in schools around the world. Generations grow up misinformed and
    > pass on the same to their children. Unjust, yes, but reality.
    >
    > There is also a huge resentment in the world of social/welfare benefits
    > systems that exist in USA & UK. People in other countries don't have
    > that luxury therefore resent it and the hatred grows. Their is a common
    > belief that everybody in USA & UK is rich or has an easy life because
    > their respective goverments hand out money for free to their citizens.
    > There is no understnding that the money for welfare comes from taxes,
    > they don't have that concept. That is one of the attractions for
    > emigrating to USA & UK. People want the same 'easy' life, and blame
    > colonialism, poverty, race etc as an excuse.
    >
    > Also common in people around the world is the perception that they are
    > 'owed' a better life by USA & UK. That is why they don't want to pay for
    > anything or when they have to, they resent it. Copyright isn't
    > respected, products and designs and just copied and sold with no
    > contribution to the creator / designer. Theft of the design is somehow
    > part payment for the 'debt'.
    >

    Amazingly informative Phil, although I'm sure I had some of that knowledge
    in the back of my mind somewhere, I hadn't put it into that perspective
    before, thank you.

    --
    BD
    MCNGP #51
    -- You think you know IT?!
    -- Check out the new forums at: http://www.CertGuard.com/forums/
    Guest, Sep 30, 2006
    #12
  13. Keyboard Cowboy

    LRM Guest

    "Phil" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Cerebrus wrote:
    >
    >> BD [MCNGP] wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>Amen Brotha, it already seems that TOO many people HAVE forgotten. Good
    >>>to see there are some good people out there that haven't. This is a
    >>>great reminder of just WHY our troops are where they are right now.
    >>>
    >>>If you get any takers that don't like it, give me a call, I'll be there
    >>>in less than 24 hours to help kick some anti-American @$$.

    >>
    >>
    >> No, I don't agree with that. I haven't seen the video in the OP's link
    >> (a 7 meg video would take long to download), but it appears to be
    >> related to the 9/11 tragedy. As everyone knows, 9/11 was perpetrated by
    >> Al Qaeda not Saddam, and invading Iraq had nothing to do with getting
    >> after Al Qaeda. It was just plain good business sense to invade Iraq.
    >> It made Bush and his associates a lot richer, it hardly matters that it
    >> resulted in the loss of the lives of 46,000 innocent Iraqi's and 2,700
    >> brave American soldiers. It solved a lot of internal problems for Bush,
    >> too. If Bush had really wanted to avenge 9/11, he would have sent those
    >> troops into Pakistan, after bin Laden fled to Pak.
    >>
    >> So, my point is : it's one thing that the perpetrators of 9/11 were
    >> villains, and should be punished; and it's quite another thing to
    >> believe that the Iraq war is a justified vengeance for that.
    >>
    >> And lastly, Bush and his policies are the major reason why most of the
    >> peoples of this world (not just Islamic countries, mind you) have
    >> become "anti-American".
    >>

    > I see this point of view all too commonly, it isn't right, anyone
    > believing it is misinformed and using faulty analysis. Until you have
    > lived in other countries and studied the cultures, languages and attitudes
    > of peoples, you will not understand.


    You are assuming that the person you are directing your comment to hasn't.

    <huge snippage of a bunchOcrap>

    > The highest average IQs exist in Japan, USA and UK. The Japanese are a
    > quiet, disciplined and industrious people since WWII, and contribute
    > enormously to inventions and technology.


    Here you need to explain to me why a test originally developed by a French
    man to determine whether public school students needed extra help is a
    useful measure of anything.

    <additional snippage for the sake of brevity and us all>

    waiting.....
    LRM, Sep 30, 2006
    #13
  14. Keyboard Cowboy

    lowdes Guest

    I don't get it.


    "BD [MCNGP]" <www.CertGuard.com/forums/> wrote in message
    news:...
    >>>Did you see what lowdes () graced us with in

    > 0chTg.25576$-kc.rr.com?<<
    >> I don't get it?
    >>

    > lowdes, you're STILL a fsuking moron...you haven't changed one iota. Just
    > for
    > that comment, if I EVER...and I mean EVER....get a chance to meet you in
    > person,
    > you'd better remember this day, because I definitely will.
    >
    > --
    > BD
    > MCNGP #51
    > -- MCNGP.com - You think you know IT!?
    > -- The new IT Certification Forums: www.CertGuard.com/forums/
    >
    >
    lowdes, Sep 30, 2006
    #14
  15. Keyboard Cowboy

    Thor Guest

    <snip value="unlikely" status="unread" />

    >> The highest average IQs exist in Japan, USA and UK. The Japanese are a
    >> quiet, disciplined and industrious people since WWII, and contribute
    >> enormously to inventions and technology.

    >
    > Here you need to explain to me why a test originally developed by a French
    > man to determine whether public school students needed extra help is a
    > useful measure of anything.
    >


    except for the fact that the guy was French (which is kind of cruel to say
    in the US, I understand)
    I totally agree
    limiting consept
    53
    Thor, Sep 30, 2006
    #15
  16. Keyboard Cowboy

    LRM Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > <snip value="unlikely" status="unread" />
    >
    >>> The highest average IQs exist in Japan, USA and UK. The Japanese are a
    >>> quiet, disciplined and industrious people since WWII, and contribute
    >>> enormously to inventions and technology.

    >>
    >> Here you need to explain to me why a test originally developed by a
    >> French man to determine whether public school students needed extra help
    >> is a useful measure of anything.
    >>

    >
    > except for the fact that the guy was French (which is kind of cruel to say
    > in the US, I understand)
    > I totally agree
    > limiting consept
    > 53

    The intent behind disclosing his heritage had only to do with the notion
    that his test would be aimed at individuals with a decidedly European
    background, thus negating its validity as a worldwide measure of
    intelligence.
    LRM, Oct 1, 2006
    #16
  17. Keyboard Cowboy

    Guest Guest

    "Cerebrus" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >
    > No, I don't agree with that. I haven't seen the video in the OP's link
    > (a 7 meg video would take long to download), but it appears to be
    > related to the 9/11 tragedy. As everyone knows, 9/11 was perpetrated by
    > Al Qaeda not Saddam, and invading Iraq had nothing to do with getting
    > after Al Qaeda. It was just plain good business sense to invade Iraq.
    > It made Bush and his associates a lot richer, it hardly matters that it
    > resulted in the loss of the lives of 46,000 innocent Iraqi's and 2,700
    > brave American soldiers. It solved a lot of internal problems for Bush,
    > too. If Bush had really wanted to avenge 9/11, he would have sent those
    > troops into Pakistan, after bin Laden fled to Pak.


    >

    Sorry Cerebrus, I've also got to disagree with what you're saying (although
    I do understand your point). You are correct that 9/11 was perpetrated by Al
    Qaeda, but the reason we also went after Saddam was in no relation to the
    9/11 attacks. The Saddam Regime goes WAY back to the late 1960s when Hussein
    assumed a few lead roles in the Ba'ath Party and Iraqi Government. I think
    we are all aware of what the Ba'ath Party accomplished, but what many people
    don't remember is the regime that Hussein built. Primarily throughout the
    1980s, Hussein's regime killed (or caused the death of) millions of
    'innocent' people.

    You are correct in stating "...invading Iraq had nothing to do with getting
    after Al Qaeda..." but not necessarily correct when you said "It was just
    plain good business sense to invade Iraq." I highly doubt that Bush
    re-visited what has been in act for decades just because he thought it was
    "good business sense" to encourage the killing of innocent people just to
    protect US Assets, but I do think it was necessary in order to prevent the
    killing of countless other innocent lives.

    Everyone seems to think that we *just* started looking for Hussein in
    2001...not so...Hussein has been sought after by the United States since the
    1990s. It just so happened that we caught Saddam before Bin Laden (who we
    started looking for a decade later). There are still many troups in
    Pakistan, and in Afghanistan, that are looking for Bin Laden. But because
    the areas that are being searched are basically unpopulated (or at least not
    highly populated....a.k.a. hills, mountains, and caves) the media isn't
    reporting it. What the media is (historically) interested in is reporting
    information that will draw attention to their network. Nobody cares about a
    bunch of soldiers hiking through dirt and sand if there is no gunfire and
    death.

    > So, my point is : it's one thing that the perpetrators of 9/11 were
    > villains, and should be punished; and it's quite another thing to
    > believe that the Iraq war is a justified vengeance for that.
    >

    I'm guessing that the only people that believe the Iraq war is a justified
    vengeance for 9/11 are the people that listen to "the Drive-By media"[1].
    All the media tries to do is report information (fabricated or not) that
    will draw attention to their network. People that don't corroborate that
    information with at least two other (non-biased) sources are missing out on
    the real stories. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 other than there being a
    declaration on the "War on Terror". He was, by definition, a Terrorist and
    he dragged his people right into the middle of everything. Saddam Hussein is
    nothing but a coward that opted to hide in populated areas because he
    expected those 'innocent' people to risk their lives for him.

    > And lastly, Bush and his policies are the major reason why most of the
    > peoples of this world (not just Islamic countries, mind you) have
    > become "anti-American".
    >

    That's because almost everything they hear about "Bush's Policies" comes
    from the drive-by media. They watch (primarily) one source, or if they do
    watch more than one source, the views are generally all biased in the same
    direction. Very few people actually care to take in and comprehend the views
    from both sides. When something of this nature pops up in the media, the
    best thing to do is to not just immediately believe it, but to try to prove
    to yourself that it is incorrect....if you have expelled all resources and
    still cannot prove to yourself that it is incorrect, then at least the
    chances that your initial thought of it being correct are better.

    http://www.whitehouse.gov/infocus/mideast/

    [1] Drive-By Media: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1614041/posts
    --
    BD
    MCNGP #51
    -- You think you know IT?!
    -- Check out the new forums at: http://www.CertGuard.com/forums/
    Guest, Oct 1, 2006
    #17
  18. Keyboard Cowboy

    Guest Guest

    "lowdes" <> wrote in message
    news:0tBTg.1893$-kc.rr.com...
    > I don't get it.
    >


    And you never will.

    --
    BD
    MCNGP #51
    -- You think you know IT?!
    -- Check out the new forums at: http://www.CertGuard.com/forums/
    Guest, Oct 1, 2006
    #18
  19. Keyboard Cowboy

    Thor Guest

    "LRM" <> wrote in message
    news:%...
    > "Thor" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> <snip value="unlikely" status="unread" />
    >>
    >>>> The highest average IQs exist in Japan, USA and UK. The Japanese are a
    >>>> quiet, disciplined and industrious people since WWII, and contribute
    >>>> enormously to inventions and technology.
    >>>
    >>> Here you need to explain to me why a test originally developed by a
    >>> French man to determine whether public school students needed extra help
    >>> is a useful measure of anything.
    >>>

    >>
    >> except for the fact that the guy was French (which is kind of cruel to
    >> say in the US, I understand)
    >> I totally agree
    >> limiting consept
    >> 53

    > The intent behind disclosing his heritage had only to do with the notion
    > that his test would be aimed at individuals with a decidedly European
    > background, thus negating its validity as a worldwide measure of
    > intelligence.
    >


    "We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course,
    powerful muscles, but no personality."
    Albert Einstein

    "Systems intelligence" looks much more promissing to me

    IQ
    I trust that the modern "culture independent" IQ tests are just as bad as
    the "culture dependent" tests for measuring understanding:
    - they can't measure empathy (I think communication is difficult without
    understanding the target)
    - the tasks in the tests are interesting to a small subset (compulsive?), I
    almost always find the next number, I'm not a math genius, just like numbers
    - mastering the basics to the extreme (to find obscure patterns in figures
    seems just like an over-built muscle to me)
    - they hardly measure learning ability at all (!); on the really difficult
    questions you might need to use lessons leaned in earlier questions, thats
    all: you can be at the bottom 2% when it comes to learning ability and on
    the top 2% when it comes to IQ (don't ask me how I know)

    I think the main reason why IQ tests are so successful is because of the
    self fulfilling prophecy of the result, if you think you are smart, you will
    work harder with your mind on any one problem, over time this will give
    extreme results.

    Also, IQ tests are great at measuring chess-playing talent and ability to do
    other specialized tasks, but to mix them into politics and all other kind of
    stuff makes no sense to me. If the American president has a high or low IQ
    isn't that important to me. The ability to lead seems more important.

    53
    Thor, Oct 1, 2006
    #19
  20. Keyboard Cowboy

    Cerebrus Guest

    Phil wrote:

    > Nonsensical crap snipped.
    > More utter hogwash washed away.


    Well, I've seen and read a lot of analyses of the current situation in
    the past few years, but yours definitely takes the cake for being the
    most ludicrous, and the most senseless. By building upon completely
    baseless assumptions, you build a fictitious castle of illusions for
    yourself, and come to a conclusion which contradicts your original
    assumption.

    While the Muslim-Christian conflict did start at the time of the
    crusades, it would be very foolish to blame the crusades as the root of
    9/11 and the Iraq war, which are what my post was about. The roots of
    9/11 were laid during the 70's and 80's in Afghanistan, when the CIA
    trained, paid and armed militias to balance the Soviet occupation.

    I did not insinuate that Bush's policies have "caused" the world to
    hate Americans. His policies have widened the gap between ideologies in
    this world, the whole world now feels insecure, and the UN has now
    *completely* lost its relevance, because whenever Bush decides he wants
    to invade a country, he can do so, bypassing the UN. A very large
    percentage of people in Europe and Asia also now feel that America has
    alienated itself not just from the Islamic world, but from the rest of
    the countries as well, by it's policy of hegemony. This mindset has
    come about only because of American foreign policy, for which I
    squarely blame George W. The people who were neutral towards the US,
    now have changed sides, simply because they too feel threatened.

    Saying that all the wars going on at present, and all the terrorist
    activities are only going on because the rest of the world is jealous
    of the Intellectual prowess of the Americans (and the british), is the
    finest example of self-delusion I've seen yet. And No, I don't believe
    that the American's are the most intelligent. I have always held the
    firm belief that the Germans and Scandinavians are most intellectually
    superior people on this planet. (This is not to say that there are not
    brilliant people in other countries, I'm talking averages.) I don't see
    them being attacked.
    Phil, If you are American, then I think the Americans should throw you
    out of the country, because you're causing the American average IQ
    level to fall by many points. ;-)

    Nor was America attacked because their culture was so attractive to
    people of other countries. That simply does not stand to logic.
    American culture is very attractive to countries which have
    historically been shackled by their own governments or religious
    beliefs, but being attracted to a culture cannot be a reason to try to
    destroy it. It could be a reason to emulate it, however.

    Most of the Americans are now realizing now that they have been misled
    by their own government. While all governments of the world have lied
    to their people and fed them misinformation at some point in time, in
    the past few years this has become much more obvious to the American
    public, because the Bush administration is inept even at hiding secrets
    and the lies they tell. They went to Iraq on a flimsy quest for WMD's,
    telling the American people that it had to be done, or Saddam would
    attack America with lethal weapons. It was later proven that there was
    no such thing. This is just one example.

    Bush knew very well during his re-election that only one thing could
    save him. He was well aware that the american people value their
    security above everything else, and therefore his campaign was all
    about "Vote for me... or else Osama will get ya !" Thus all issues of
    governance, of incompetence, of lies, were relegated to the background.
    As Kerry himself admitted later on, Bush's tactic of scaring the
    American public worked. What Americans did not realize is that the
    biggest threat to American national security is George W. Bush himself.
    As the saying goes, "A wise enemy is better than a foolish friend".

    Why is a section of the American public still supporting the war ?
    Well, for one, No one likes to admit that they've been made a fool of
    by the persons they trust the most. It's much easier to continue to
    look the other way, and pretend all is well. Secondly, many people
    blindly believe what the media tells them. Thirdly, there has taken
    root an impression in the public, that it is unpatriotic and
    un-American to not agree with whatever your government does, whether
    right or wrong. In my opinion this mindset is the biggest threat to the
    characteristic I most admire about Americans - Their free thought.

    So, my point is : Let us not stifle the voices of dissent. Doing so
    would take us back the Medieval ages when the Church branded anyone who
    spoke against them as being Anti-God, and burned them at the stake.

    ----------
    Cerebrus.
    MCNGP #LIV
    Cerebrus, Oct 1, 2006
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Wayne

    Lest We Forget - ANZAC Day

    Wayne, Apr 24, 2006, in forum: MCSE
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    471
  2. slumpy

    The Richlist page they always forget

    slumpy, Apr 18, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    14
    Views:
    650
    Rabbi Swann
    Apr 23, 2004
  3. pcbutts1

    Forget your Password?

    pcbutts1, May 1, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    379
    pcbutts1
    May 1, 2004
  4. Edward Doyle

    To people who tend to forget they where beginners

    Edward Doyle, Aug 30, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    20
    Views:
    780
    Quivis
    Sep 1, 2004
  5. Ms. Jaime
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    325
    Ryan Li
    Sep 2, 2003
Loading...

Share This Page