we shall be obeyed!!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ACF Member, May 20, 2006.

  1. ACF Member

    ACF Member Guest

    There are some errors on your site
    http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/categories.html we would like you to fix
    them ASAP!!!

    Some "free software"/ open source advocates are actively promoting
    erroneous defintions of Freeware. Please help us conteract the spread
    of
    the kind of FUD found on this web page.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeware

    They are WRONG!!! WRONG!!! WRONG!!!

    You maintain on your site http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/categories.html
    that: "Free software is a matter of freedom, not price." We regret to
    inform you that you are WRONG!!!

    A group of participants in the alt.comp.freeware newsgroup maintain
    that Freeware
    is a matter of the cost you pay (monetary and non-monetary) to use the
    software. Our definition of Freeware (narrow though it) is: "Freeware:
    Legally obtainable
    software that you may use at no cost, monetary or otherwise, for as
    long
    as you wish." is the pureist definition of Freeware that's out there.

    Freeware may or may not be open source - the terms are not mutually
    exclusive. The terms "free software" and Freeware are about two
    different things, Both may (or may not) apply to a given software
    program.

    Please use ACF's ware definition of Freeware on your web pages and/or
    link to ACF's ware glossary which defines "wares" in terms of monetary
    and non-monetary costs.

    We in the alt.comp.freeware newsgroup and www.pricelesswarehome.org are
    on the frontlines of the Software Definition war. We in
    alt.comp.freeware and www.pricelesswarehome.org set the standards by
    which all "Official Ware Definitions" are decided. I am the group
    leader of alt.comp.freeware newsgroup and www.pricelesswarehome.org and
    I speak for all the members!!!

    http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/WareGlossary.php

    All comments and questions should be posted in the alt.comp.freeware
    newsgroup.
    ACF Member, May 20, 2006

  2. ACF Member

    Mara Guest

    [crossposting deliberately left in]

    On 20 May 2006 04:33:06 -0700, "ACF Member" <> wrote:

    >There are some errors on your site

    This isn't a website.

    Can you say "Geez I'm stupid?" I knew you could.

    And I make it a point never to "obey" people who can't even spell correctly.

    "Idiot google-groupers. Jesus H. Christ."

    --
    www.jlaforums.com, among other sites, steals usenet newsgroup posts, and tries to
    mislead the public into thinking the posts come from them. They do not. If you see this sig,
    Mara, May 20, 2006

  3. ACF Member

    Guest

    wrote:

    >I am the group
    >leader of alt.comp.freeware newsgroup

    The alt usenet groups do not have "leaders". Anyone can post to the
    alt groups.
    , May 20, 2006
  4. ACF Member

    SgtMinor Guest

    Mara wrote:

    > [crossposting deliberately left in]
    >
    > On 20 May 2006 04:33:06 -0700, "ACF Member" <> wrote:
    >

    >>There are some errors on your site

    > This isn't a website.
    >
    > Can you say "Geez I'm stupid?" I knew you could.
    >
    > And I make it a point never to "obey" people who can't even spell correctly.
    >
    > "Idiot google-groupers. Jesus H. Christ."

    Way to go, Mara. Now you've pissed off the leader of the American
    Clown Federation.
    SgtMinor, May 20, 2006
  5. ACF Member

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 20 May 2006 08:55:02 -0400, SgtMinor <>
    wrote:

    >Mara wrote:
    >
    >> [crossposting deliberately left in]
    >>
    >> On 20 May 2006 04:33:06 -0700, "ACF Member" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>There are some errors on your site

    >> This isn't a website.
    >>
    >> Can you say "Geez I'm stupid?" I knew you could.
    >>
    >> And I make it a point never to "obey" people who can't even spell correctly.
    >>
    >> "Idiot google-groupers. Jesus H. Christ."
    >>

    >Way to go, Mara. Now you've pissed off the leader of the American
    >Clown Federation.

    What's he gonna do? Honk his nose at me?

    "Who cares?"

    Mara, May 20, 2006
  6. ACF Member

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-05-20, ACF Member <> wrote:

    snip

    > Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.anonymous.messages,alt.privacy.anon-server

    snip

    snip

    > CLR 2.0.50727),gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)

    snip

    You need to brush up your 'anonymous' and 'anon-server' and 'privacy'
    understanding.

    > There are some errors on your site
    > http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/categories.html we would like you to fix
    > them ASAP!!!

    Not 'mine', or 'ours' (not that there is exactly a 'we' in three unrelated
    newsgroups - none of which has anything to do with your subject).

    > Some "free software"/ open source advocates are actively promoting
    > erroneous defintions of Freeware. Please help us conteract the spread
    > of the kind of FUD found on this web page.

    No they aren't. You need to understand the difference between 'Free
    Software' and 'Freeware'. (I think you are probably confused about 'FUD'
    too, but I'll let that slide).

    'Free software' is 'free as in speech'; 'liberated'; 'un-restricted'; ...

    'Freeware' is not necessarily any of those things, but it is 'free as in
    beer'; 'free of obligatory monetary consideration'. Some 'free software'
    is 'freeware' too, but it doesn't have to be.

    A loose analogy here in the UK, is another beer-related example; a "free
    house" can sell or give away beer that it gets from anywhere. A "tied
    house' can sell or give away only beer that it gets from the supplier to
    which it is 'tied'. Just as 'freeware' can be restricted by its
    'licence', whereas the 'free software' licenses are all about removing
    restrictions.

    The distinction is quite clear. My favourite web-browser (Opera) is
    'freeware', but quite definitely not 'free software'. My favourite
    operating system (Mandriva) is certainly based on 'free software', but if
    you want the full thing with all the bells and whistles, and printed
    instructions, then you will have to part with a significant amount of
    money.

    'Internet Explorer' is clearly 'freeware', but even a quick scan of the
    'End User Licence Agreement' should convince you that it is in no way
    'free software'.

    snip

    > All comments and questions should be posted in the alt.comp.freeware
    > newsgroup.

    But apparently, not your comments and questions? Did they do something to
    upset you?

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, May 20, 2006
  7. Mara rambled on in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > On Sat, 20 May 2006 08:55:02 -0400, SgtMinor
    > <> wrote:

    snip

    >>Way to go, Mara. Now you've pissed off the leader of the American
    >>Clown Federation.

    > What's he gonna do? Honk his nose at me?

    No, but he *and* 14 of his buddies will all get out of a Mini Cooper and
    all honk their noses at ya'. The noise level would cause excruciating pain
    and disorientation...

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    I used to like political jokes until so many of them got elected.
    The Old Sourdough, May 20, 2006
  8. ACF Member

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 20 May 2006 11:17:06 -0500, The Old Sourdough <> wrote:

    >Mara rambled on in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> On Sat, 20 May 2006 08:55:02 -0400, SgtMinor
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >snip
    >

    >>>Way to go, Mara. Now you've pissed off the leader of the American
    >>>Clown Federation.

    >> What's he gonna do? Honk his nose at me?
    >>

    >No, but he *and* 14 of his buddies will all get out of a Mini Cooper and
    >all honk their noses at ya'. The noise level would cause excruciating pain
    >and disorientation...

    PAH! I spit on their nose-honking. I have an air horn and an amplifier to
    retaliate with.

    Bwhahahahahahahahaetc.

    Mara, May 20, 2006
  9. ACF Member

    ellis_jay Guest

    Mara wrote:
    > On Sat, 20 May 2006 08:55:02 -0400, SgtMinor
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Mara wrote:
    >>
    >>> [crossposting deliberately left in]

    >>> This isn't a website.
    >>>
    >>> Can you say "Geez I'm stupid?" I knew you could.
    >>>
    >>> And I make it a point never to "obey" people who can't even spell
    >>> correctly.
    >>>
    >>> "Idiot google-groupers. Jesus H. Christ."
    >>>

    >> Way to go, Mara. Now you've pissed off the leader of the American
    >> Clown Federation.

    > What's he gonna do? Honk his nose at me?

    Stop! I almost fell off my chair!! That's a classic!! L*chokingly*OL

    ___Sador the carpenter to Turin
    Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

    Ellis_Jay
    ellis_jay, May 21, 2006
  10. ACF Member

    ellis_jay Guest

    The Old Sourdough wrote:
    > Mara rambled on in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> On Sat, 20 May 2006 08:55:02 -0400, SgtMinor
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    > snip
    >

    >>> Way to go, Mara. Now you've pissed off the leader of the American
    >>> Clown Federation.

    >> What's he gonna do? Honk his nose at me?
    >>

    > No, but he *and* 14 of his buddies will all get out of a Mini Cooper
    > and all honk their noses at ya'. The noise level would cause
    > excruciating pain and disorientation...

    Insane Clown Posse? Sheesh! They are scary!!

    ellis_jay, May 21, 2006
  11. ACF Member

    ellis_jay Guest

    Whiskers wrote:
    > On 2006-05-20, ACF Member <> wrote:
    >
    > snip
    >
    >> Newsgroups:
    >> 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.anonymous.messages,alt.privacy.anon-server

    > snip

    > snip

    >> .NET
    >> CLR 2.0.50727),gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)

    > snip
    >
    > You need to brush up your 'anonymous' and 'anon-server' and 'privacy'
    > understanding.
    >
    >> There are some errors on your site
    >> http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/categories.html we would like you to
    >> fix
    >> them ASAP!!!

    > Not 'mine', or 'ours' (not that there is exactly a 'we' in three
    > unrelated newsgroups - none of which has anything to do with your
    > subject).
    >
    >> Some "free software"/ open source advocates are actively promoting
    >> erroneous defintions of Freeware. Please help us conteract the spread
    >> of the kind of FUD found on this web page.

    > No they aren't. You need to understand the difference between 'Free
    > Software' and 'Freeware'. (I think you are probably confused about
    > 'FUD' too, but I'll let that slide).
    >
    > 'Free software' is 'free as in speech'; 'liberated'; 'un-restricted';
    >
    > 'Freeware' is not necessarily any of those things, but it is 'free as
    > in beer'; 'free of obligatory monetary consideration'. Some 'free
    > software' is 'freeware' too, but it doesn't have to be.
    >
    > A loose analogy here in the UK, is another beer-related example; a
    > "free house" can sell or give away beer that it gets from anywhere.
    > A "tied house' can sell or give away only beer that it gets from the
    > supplier to which it is 'tied'. Just as 'freeware' can be restricted
    > by its 'licence', whereas the 'free software' licenses are all about
    > removing restrictions.
    >
    > The distinction is quite clear. My favourite web-browser (Opera) is
    > 'freeware', but quite definitely not 'free software'. My favourite
    > operating system (Mandriva) is certainly based on 'free software',
    > but if you want the full thing with all the bells and whistles, and
    > printed instructions, then you will have to part with a significant
    > amount of money.
    >
    > 'Internet Explorer' is clearly 'freeware', but even a quick scan of
    > the 'End User Licence Agreement' should convince you that it is in no
    > way 'free software'.
    >
    > snip
    >
    >> All comments and questions should be posted in the alt.comp.freeware
    >> newsgroup.

    > But apparently, not your comments and questions? Did they do
    > something to upset you?

    Yeah! So there Mr. Moderator! I could not have said it better!!

    ellis_jay, May 21, 2006
  12. ACF Member

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 20 May 2006 18:06:33 -0500, "ellis_jay" <>
    wrote:

    >The Old Sourdough wrote:
    >> Mara rambled on in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >>> On Sat, 20 May 2006 08:55:02 -0400, SgtMinor
    >>> <> wrote:
    >>>

    >> snip

    >>> What's he gonna do? Honk his nose at me?
    >>>

    >> No, but he *and* 14 of his buddies will all get out of a Mini Cooper
    >> and all honk their noses at ya'. The noise level would cause
    >> excruciating pain and disorientation...

    >Insane Clown Posse? Sheesh! They are scary!!

    Not to me. Bring 'em on - I've got the 5,000 watt speakers hooked up.

    I plan to fart at the clowns through them. Because I am EVIL.

    "Bwhahahahahahahaetc."

    Mara, May 21, 2006
  13. ACF Member

    Bob_R Guest

    "ellis_jay" <> wrote in message
    > Mara wrote:
    >> On Sat, 20 May 2006 08:55:02 -0400, SgtMinor
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> Way to go, Mara. Now you've pissed off the leader of the American
    >>> Clown Federation.

    >> What's he gonna do? Honk his nose at me?

    > Stop! I almost fell off my chair!! That's a classic!! L*chokingly*OL

    Seconded! But I hope Mara likes seltzer water.
    Bob
    Bob_R, May 21, 2006
  14. ACF Member

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 21 May 2006 01:14:26 GMT, "Bob_R" <> wrote:

    >"ellis_jay" <> wrote in message
    >> Mara wrote:

    >>> What's he gonna do? Honk his nose at me?

    >> Stop! I almost fell off my chair!! That's a classic!! L*chokingly*OL
    >>

    >Seconded! But I hope Mara likes seltzer water.
    >Bob

    Pffffft. They'll never get close enough. They wouldn't even make it a sporting
    event - even if I didn't have the amp and stuff, I outnumber their honkers by
    two to one.

    "They're not even a mild challenge."

    Mara, May 21, 2006
  15. SgtMinor <> wrote:

    > Mara wrote:
    >
    > > [crossposting deliberately left in]
    > >
    > > On 20 May 2006 04:33:06 -0700, "ACF Member" <> wrote:
    > >

    > >>There are some errors on your site

    > > This isn't a website.
    > >
    > > Can you say "Geez I'm stupid?" I knew you could.
    > >
    > > And I make it a point never to "obey" people who can't even spell correctly.
    > >
    > > "Idiot google-groupers. Jesus H. Christ."
    > >

    > Way to go, Mara. Now you've pissed off the leader of the American
    > Clown Federation.

    Woooooo... now i'm worried (not)... somebody's gone and gotten eelbash upsot

    y'know, it takes a special kind of stupid to xpost to a.a.m

    but then again, looking at the headers for the O.P. I understand totally...