    ;))

    Kind Regards,

    Ritchie

    =?Utf-8?B?Uml0Y2hpZSBIb3V0bWV5ZXJz?=, Aug 12, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Uml0Y2hpZSBIb3V0bWV5ZXJz?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi.
    Use the same SSID, but put each AP on a different Channel.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Ritchie Houtmeyers" <Ritchie > wrote in
    message news:...
    > Hi all,
    >

    > I've set up my network to use two wireless AP's that connect to each other
    > using WDS. One of the AP's is connected to the WAN. This covers my house

    and
    > garden nicely and allows me to have good connection speeds all over.
    >
    > However, it seems that if I roam from one location to another with a
    > portable, the network card does not aggressively reassociate with the

    closest
    > AP.
    >
    > Is there a way to make it switch over to a closer/better AP faster and
    > automatically ? (I know I can do this manually if I use different SSID's,

    but
    > this is not really a good solution for the other non-IT people in the

    house

    Jack, Aug 14, 2004

  3. Thanks for the reply, but I have to put the APs on the same channel since
    they are communicating wirelessly (only one of both APs is on the wired
    network). Any other way ?

    =?Utf-8?B?Uml0Y2hpZSBIb3V0bWV5ZXJz?=, Aug 14, 2004