WDK bluetooth sample driver problem

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by danial, Aug 4, 2009.

  1. danial

    danial Guest

    Hi,

    I'm develeping a bluetooth device driver. I use the sample bluetooth
    driver in WDK. In the sample driver, the client and server use SDP
    connection to communicate to other bth devices. It works if both
    client and server use SDP.

    But, when I use this driver for my own device, Vista could only find
    my device but could not load the driver. It seems that Vista does not
    think this driver is a correct driver for my device.

    One possible reason is that the driver uses SDP as a connection, but
    the device does not support SDP protocol and it only supports SPP
    protocol. So, device and driver missmatch each other.

    Well, that's confusing me what should I do to make the driver works
    for my device???

    1. The BTH sample driver only supports SDP connection?? Does it
    support SPP connection?
    2. Must I use a SDP protocol on my device? Is it possible to implement
    SDP on device to communicate with driver?

    Thanks!

    danial, Aug 4, 2009