    MSI K8N Neo
    1.5 Mg Mem
    Thanks
    The Fat Bastard, Jul 19, 2005

  2. The Fat Bastard

    NNBXX Guest

    I'm running x64 on two 10000 RPM Ultra320SCSI HDDs mounted in RAID 1. These
    are not Raptors, but they are 10000 RPM hard drives, though. Hope this helps
    :)

    NNBXX, Jul 19, 2005

  3. The Fat Bastard

    Mickey Lane Guest

    I wouldn't buy anything marked Western Digital. I've replaced way too many
    of them.

    Check out prices for the other brands. They run higher. There's a reason.

    Only my opinion of course but that's what you asked for...

    Mickey Lane, Jul 19, 2005
  4. Thanks for the input. That is the kind of information I am looking for.

    The Fat Bastard, Jul 19, 2005
  5. The Fat Bastard

    Tocapet Guest

    I've never had a WD hard drive go bad. They are like
    Timex. "Take a licking and keep on ticking"

    Tocapet, Jul 19, 2005
  6. The Fat Bastard

    M. Murcek Guest

    I agree. I've never had a problem. WD does make some cheapo drives, but I,
    ahem, always assumed that they were "priced appropriately" compared to the
    enterprise drives.

    "Tocapet" <> wrote in message
    > I've never had a WD hard drive go bad. They are like
    > Timex. "Take a licking and keep on ticking"
    >

    > "Mickey Lane" <> wrote in message
    >>I wouldn't buy anything marked Western Digital. I've replaced way too many
    >>of them.
    >>
    >> Check out prices for the other brands. They run higher. There's a reason.
    >>
    >> Only my opinion of course but that's what you asked for...
    >>
    >> "The Fat Bastard" <> wrote in message
    >>> Any one running the WD 10000 rpm HD? I thinking very hard about getting
    >>> one.
    >>> World like some input.
    >>> AMD 3400+
    >>> MSI K8N Neo
    >>> 1.5 Mg Mem
    >>> Thanks

    M. Murcek, Jul 19, 2005
  7. The Fat Bastard

    NNBXX Guest

    My SCSI hard dik drives are made by Maxtor, they are top performers as well
    as very reliable. I would suggest Maxtor for you if you are looking for a
    good 10000 RPM HDD. But it's SCSI interface, so you'll have to invest in a
    SCSI controller and a good SCSI cable with terminator. You can find all that
    on eBay in excellent condition and at very good price also :)

    NNBXX, Jul 19, 2005
  8. The Fat Bastard

    Paul Guest

    I have replaced FOUR WD in the last two years!
    Purchased Seagate ones, and so far no problems....

    Regards
    Paul

    "Tocapet" <> wrote in message
    > I've never had a WD hard drive go bad. They are like
    > Timex. "Take a licking and keep on ticking"
    >

    > "Mickey Lane" <> wrote in message
    >>I wouldn't buy anything marked Western Digital. I've replaced way too many
    >>of them.
    >>
    >> Check out prices for the other brands. They run higher. There's a reason.
    >>
    >> Only my opinion of course but that's what you asked for...
    >>
    >> "The Fat Bastard" <> wrote in message
    >>> Any one running the WD 10000 rpm HD? I thinking very hard about getting
    >>> one.
    >>> World like some input.
    >>> AMD 3400+
    >>> MSI K8N Neo
    >>> 1.5 Mg Mem
    >>> Thanks

    Paul, Jul 19, 2005
  9. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 20, 2005
  10. I have 2 x 74GB Raptors in my x64 system (Asus P5WD2, Intel P4 3.73GHz). Also
    a couple of Raptors in my other PC:s. Never had a problem with any of them.
    WD also offers 5 years warranty for Raptors.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWF4c2ltb24=?=, Jul 22, 2005