    booting Windows XP Pro from the drive and will have a second identical
    one to backup to.

    John
    John, Jul 9, 2007

  2. John

    Brian Guest

    based on your comparison they both have the same access time and speed so
    the buffer would lead me to believe that the WD is faster. If the warranty
    is an issue for you then go with the Seagate but I have used many WD drives
    for well over 5 years with no problem...then again I have had others go out
    rather quickly as well. Usually if it lasts for a year it's a good drive and
    will not fail...the WD is also less expensive.

    If it was me I would choose the WD over the Seagate despite the warranty.
    Both are good choices though
    Brian, Jul 10, 2007

  3. John

    Wizard Guest

    Been doing PC work for 20 years and WD's have failed at a greater rate
    than all other drives combined!

    Wizard, Jul 25, 2007