    Oh, and i've run updater a number of times, just to be sure my system was
    as up to date as possible.
    Thanks in advance
    =?Utf-8?B?YndvbGY=?=, Feb 27, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?YndvbGY=?=

    andy Guest

    Is the drive recognized in Device Manager?
    In Disk Management?

    andy, Feb 27, 2007

  3. Device manager shows 'Other Device' with a sub of 'Unknown Device'.
    Disk management doesn't show it at all. But, the drive does work on 2 other
    machines. Of course, they are both 32 bit.

    =?Utf-8?B?YndvbGY=?=, Feb 28, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?YndvbGY=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Unfortunately many of the external USB enclosures/devices have a BIOS that
    is not compatible with X64. I am surprised you didn't find any others in
    your search as there have been many over the last 2 years. There has been
    no effort that I know of to update firmware for these. Maybe Vista64 will
    change it.

    John Barnes, Feb 28, 2007