WC2195136.ZIP is a ??????????

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by canon paora, Aug 13, 2006.

  1. canon paora

    canon paora Guest

    Recieved two similar (if not same but from two faked business
    addresses) with similar (might be same) zip file attachments.

    Almost fooled me but I rarely click email attachments. My AV suspected
    nothing wrong - maybe my update is overdue.

    From:
    Dear Sir/Madam,

    Thank you for shopping with our internet shop. Your order, WC2195136,
    has been received. Summary of your
    order you can see in the attachment file.

    This email is to confirm the receipt of your order. Please do not reply
    as this email was sent from our automated
    confirmation system.

    Please Note: There is no need to re-send your request or call our
    customer service department for status or
    tracking number, this will only delay our response time to you.
    Rest assured, we are making every effort to process and ship your order
    within 1 to 2 business days. We
    appreciate your understanding and patience and do value your business.

    Once your order has been processed and shipped a FEDEX Tracking number
    will be automatically emailed to
    the address provided.

    Please Note: Tracking information will be available in FedEx's system
    only after 10pm EST Monday thru
    Friday.
    If you receive a tracking number on Sunday, you will be able to track
    it Monday evening after 10pm EST.

    All orders placed including 1-2 or 2-3 business day options are shipped
    within 48 hours providing the
    merchandise is in stock.
    All FedEx Ground orders will take 7-10 business days to arrive.

    Some packages may require a signature upon delivery. These packages
    will not be left without a signature.
    For your convenience, we will email you a FedEx tracking number on all
    successfully processed and shipped
    orders.

    All Plasma TVs, DVD players, Scanners, Fax Machines, Receivers, Home
    Theater, and Printers are not
    returnable after box is opened.

    To insure the best handling of your order please allow 24-48 business
    hours for the processing and the
    shipping of your order. Thank you for your cooperation.

    We hope you enjoy your order! Thank you for shopping with us!

    canon paora, Aug 13, 2006

  2. canon paora

    tiddlywink Guest

    I've had this a few times as well, there is an .exe in the zip file but
    havent run it my AV didn't detect anything

    tiddlywink, Aug 13, 2006

  3. canon paora

    GraB Guest

    On 12 Aug 2006 18:32:34 -0700, "canon paora" <>
    wrote:

    >Recieved two similar (if not same but from two faked business
    >addresses) with similar (might be same) zip file attachments.
    >
    >Almost fooled me but I rarely click email attachments. My AV suspected
    >nothing wrong - maybe my update is overdue.
    >
    >From:
    >Dear Sir/Madam,
    >
    >Thank you for shopping with our internet shop. Your order, WC2195136,
    >has been received. Summary of your
    >order you can see in the attachment file.

    I just got three of them, which I bounced with MailWasher. With
    MailWasher I didn't get to see attachments.

    GraB, Aug 13, 2006
  4. canon paora

    Stuart Guest

    > Recieved two similar (if not same but from two faked business
    > addresses) with similar (might be same) zip file attachments.

    I got the same from . Didn't look at the
    attachment, just junked it.

    Stuart

    Stuart, Aug 13, 2006
  5. canon paora

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "canon paora" <> wrote in

    > Almost fooled me but I rarely click email attachments. My AV suspected
    > nothing wrong - maybe my update is overdue.

    This is a useful site for suspicious attachments:
    http://virusscan.jotti.org/

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Aug 13, 2006
  6. canon paora

    canon paora Guest

    Dave Taylor wrote:
    > "canon paora" <> wrote in
    >
    > > Almost fooled me but I rarely click email attachments. My AV suspected
    > > nothing wrong - maybe my update is overdue.

    > This is a useful site for suspicious attachments:
    > http://virusscan.jotti.org/
    >

    > --
    > Ciao, Dave

    Heh, that's handy, thanks.

    canon paora, Aug 13, 2006
  7. canon paora

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Dave Taylor wrote:
    > "canon paora" <> wrote in
    >
    > > Almost fooled me but I rarely click email attachments. My AV
    > > suspected nothing wrong - maybe my update is overdue.

    > This is a useful site for suspicious attachments:
    > http://virusscan.jotti.org/

    As I just posted in another thread, PC-cillin gives this:

    Notification:

    Incoming Mail Scan
    Incoming Mail Scan detected a virus or other type of malware, and performed
    the action specified.

    ..
    Action taken: Unable to clean infected file. The file was deleted.
    ..
    Subject: SPAM: Order Confirmation number: WC2195136
    Sender: customer support <>
    Malware name: TROJ_SMALL.CJK
    Note: If Search for and clean Trojans is turned on and executed after
    scanning, click Next to view the final action taken.

    Notification:

    Real-time Protection
    Real-time Protection has detected a virus, spyware, or other security risk,
    and performed the action specified.

    ..
    Action taken: Unable to clean infected file. The file was quarantined.
    ..
    Incident name: C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\V2RCDSa03276
    Detection name: TROJ_SMALL.CJK
    User name: misfit
    Note: If Search for and clean Trojans is turned on and executed after
    scanning, click Next to view the final action taken.
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Aug 13, 2006
  8. canon paora

    Robert Cooze Guest

    canon paora wrote:
    > Recieved two similar (if not same but from two faked business
    > addresses) with similar (might be same) zip file attachments.
    >
    > Almost fooled me but I rarely click email attachments. My AV suspected
    > nothing wrong - maybe my update is overdue.
    >
    > From:
    > Dear Sir/Madam,
    >
    > Thank you for shopping with our internet shop. Your order, WC2195136,
    > has been received. Summary of your
    > order you can see in the attachment file.
    >
    > This email is to confirm the receipt of your order. Please do not reply
    > as this email was sent from our automated
    > confirmation system.
    >
    > Please Note: There is no need to re-send your request or call our
    > customer service department for status or
    > tracking number, this will only delay our response time to you.
    > Rest assured, we are making every effort to process and ship your order
    > within 1 to 2 business days. We
    > appreciate your understanding and patience and do value your business.
    >
    > Once your order has been processed and shipped a FEDEX Tracking number
    > will be automatically emailed to
    > the address provided.
    >
    > Please Note: Tracking information will be available in FedEx's system
    > only after 10pm EST Monday thru
    > Friday.
    > If you receive a tracking number on Sunday, you will be able to track
    > it Monday evening after 10pm EST.
    >
    > All orders placed including 1-2 or 2-3 business day options are shipped
    > within 48 hours providing the
    > merchandise is in stock.
    > All FedEx Ground orders will take 7-10 business days to arrive.
    >
    > Some packages may require a signature upon delivery. These packages
    > will not be left without a signature.
    > For your convenience, we will email you a FedEx tracking number on all
    > successfully processed and shipped
    > orders.
    >
    > All Plasma TVs, DVD players, Scanners, Fax Machines, Receivers, Home
    > Theater, and Printers are not
    > returnable after box is opened.
    >
    > To insure the best handling of your order please allow 24-48 business
    > hours for the processing and the
    > shipping of your order. Thank you for your cooperation.
    >
    > We hope you enjoy your order! Thank you for shopping with us!

    Just got that mail this morning Cant wate till I get what I ordered!!!

    NOT

    Robert Cooze, Aug 13, 2006
  9. canon paora

    Jo Guest

    > Recieved two similar (if not same but from two faked business
    > addresses) with similar (might be same) zip file attachments.
    >
    > Almost fooled me but I rarely click email attachments. My AV suspected
    > nothing wrong - maybe my update is overdue.

    Got me thinking as I have made a series of ebay purchases in the past week.

    Jo, Aug 13, 2006
  10. canon paora

    thingy Guest

    canon paora wrote:
    > Recieved two similar (if not same but from two faked business
    > addresses) with similar (might be same) zip file attachments.
    >
    > Almost fooled me but I rarely click email attachments. My AV suspected
    > nothing wrong - maybe my update is overdue.
    >
    > From:
    > Dear Sir/Madam,
    >
    > Thank you for shopping with our internet shop. Your order, WC2195136,
    > has been received. Summary of your
    > order you can see in the attachment file.
    >
    > This email is to confirm the receipt of your order. Please do not reply
    > as this email was sent from our automated
    > confirmation system.
    >
    > Please Note: There is no need to re-send your request or call our
    > customer service department for status or
    > tracking number, this will only delay our response time to you.
    > Rest assured, we are making every effort to process and ship your order
    > within 1 to 2 business days. We
    > appreciate your understanding and patience and do value your business.
    >
    > Once your order has been processed and shipped a FEDEX Tracking number
    > will be automatically emailed to
    > the address provided.
    >
    > Please Note: Tracking information will be available in FedEx's system
    > only after 10pm EST Monday thru
    > Friday.
    > If you receive a tracking number on Sunday, you will be able to track
    > it Monday evening after 10pm EST.
    >
    > All orders placed including 1-2 or 2-3 business day options are shipped
    > within 48 hours providing the
    > merchandise is in stock.
    > All FedEx Ground orders will take 7-10 business days to arrive.
    >
    > Some packages may require a signature upon delivery. These packages
    > will not be left without a signature.
    > For your convenience, we will email you a FedEx tracking number on all
    > successfully processed and shipped
    > orders.
    >
    > All Plasma TVs, DVD players, Scanners, Fax Machines, Receivers, Home
    > Theater, and Printers are not
    > returnable after box is opened.
    >
    > To insure the best handling of your order please allow 24-48 business
    > hours for the processing and the
    > shipping of your order. Thank you for your cooperation.
    >
    > We hope you enjoy your order! Thank you for shopping with us!

    This has been going on for two odd weeks, sometimes it is attached,
    other times it is a link to a remote web site.

    malware writers are now crafting this crap and testing it against
    "common" anti-virus software in order to get around them.....so some of
    the better small anti-virus players might be worth considering.....

    As for updating yes, I would suggest hourly....

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Aug 13, 2006
  11. canon paora

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On 12 Aug 2006 18:32:34 -0700, in message <>,
    canon paora wrote:

    > Recieved two similar (if not same but from two faked business
    > addresses) with similar (might be same) zip file attachments.
    >
    > Almost fooled me but I rarely click email attachments. My AV suspected
    > nothing wrong - maybe my update is overdue.
    >
    > From:
    > Dear Sir/Madam,
    >
    > Thank you for shopping with our internet shop. Your order, WC2195136,
    > has been received. Summary of your
    > order you can see in the attachment file.

    --snip--

    Upload it for a virus scan to http://www.kaspersky.com/scanforvirus

    I received a similar email. According to the site above:

    "WC2195136.zip/WC2195136.exe - infected by Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Tiny.dx"

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    "Curiosity skilled the cat."