    Thanks,

    Kevin

    , Aug 21, 2006

  2. Guest

    WB is for color balance, not exposure,,,which is what you want. you
    want to check your exposure settings. set to "P" (page 49 in your
    manual). then set your metering mode to "multi segment" (page 71)

    wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > For some reason all the picture I take with my 7Hi are not really
    > bright. I thought it was the WB setting and so I set it to "Auto".
    > But that doesn't seem to help. Every picture, regardless of lighting
    > or flash is always really bright (seems b&w) as well.
    >
    > Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is?
    >
    > I started playing around with the WB setting when this first occured
    > last week and I thought I got to a point when it was working OK (ie.
    > normal pictures) but the next day it seems to have reverted back to the
    > "bad" pictures. They seem really bright and near zero contrast.
    >
    > Is there any way can I reset the camera to factory defaults? That
    > might fix it.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Kevin

    , Aug 21, 2006

  3. Guest

    This doesn't seem to do anything.

    The reason I mentioned "white balance", is I thought it was related to
    that since the pictures are all really bright and white(almost foggy).
    However, I tried WB as well, it's on Auto but having it on any other
    setting does not seem to change things a whole lot.

    Our 20 month old got a hold of the camera and was pushing buttons or
    atleast that's what he said. Ever since then it's messed up and also
    why I think it's a setting that needs to be adjusted.

    wrote:
    > WB is for color balance, not exposure,,,which is what you want. you
    > want to check your exposure settings. set to "P" (page 49 in your
    > manual). then set your metering mode to "multi segment" (page 71)
    >

    > wrote:
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > For some reason all the picture I take with my 7Hi are not really
    > > bright. I thought it was the WB setting and so I set it to "Auto".
    > > But that doesn't seem to help. Every picture, regardless of lighting
    > > or flash is always really bright (seems b&w) as well.
    > >
    > > Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is?
    > >
    > > I started playing around with the WB setting when this first occured
    > > last week and I thought I got to a point when it was working OK (ie.
    > > normal pictures) but the next day it seems to have reverted back to the
    > > "bad" pictures. They seem really bright and near zero contrast.
    > >
    > > Is there any way can I reset the camera to factory defaults? That
    > > might fix it.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Kevin

    , Aug 22, 2006
  4. Roy G Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > This doesn't seem to do anything.
    >

    >> > Is there any way can I reset the camera to factory defaults? That
    >> > might fix it.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks,
    >> >
    >> > Kevin

    Hi.

    I don't know your camera, but there may be a semi-hidden button somewhere,
    or a little hole with a recessed button, which will reset to factory
    conditions.

    Failing that removing the batteries for 24 or 48 hours will usually achieve
    the same thing.

    Roy G

    Roy G, Aug 22, 2006
  5. <> wrote in message
    > This doesn't seem to do anything.
    >
    > The reason I mentioned "white balance", is I thought it was related to
    > that since the pictures are all really bright and white(almost foggy).
    > However, I tried WB as well, it's on Auto but having it on any other
    > setting does not seem to change things a whole lot.
    >
    > Our 20 month old got a hold of the camera and was pushing buttons or
    > atleast that's what he said. Ever since then it's messed up and also
    > why I think it's a setting that needs to be adjusted.

    Try changing the Exposure Compensation via the EFFECT selector switch on the
    left hand side of the camera. Read the manual to find out what does what.

    Jack Torrence, Aug 22, 2006
  6. <> wrote in message
    > WB is for color balance, not exposure,,,which is what you want. you
    > want to check your exposure settings. set to "P" (page 49 in your
    > manual). then set your metering mode to "multi segment" (page 71)

    ITYM check exposure compensation setting and not the metering mode.

    Jack Torrence, Aug 22, 2006