    LDR Guest

    For some reason, everytime I boot up chkdisk runs on my D partition.
    Advise, please, on how I can stop it. Thanks in advance

    LDR, Mar 12, 2007

  2. LDR

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    LDR wrote:
    > For some reason, everytime I boot up chkdisk runs on my D partition.
    > Advise, please, on how I can stop it. Thanks in advance

    I love guessing games! Lets see, D: is your CDROM drive? USB stick?
    Second hard drive? Partition on first drive? Something else?

    Chkdsk reports errors? chkdsk fixes found errors? chkdsk reports no
    errors? You don't let chkdsk finish at all so it keeps trying to fix the
    problem on each start?

    You've tried backing up your data and reformatting D:? D: is formatted
    with FAT, FAT32, NTFS?

    Your operating system is one produced by Microsoft? You can't spell
    and/or use fsck?

    Desk Rabbit, Mar 12, 2007

  3. LDR

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 21:46:20 GMT, LDR wrote:

    >For some reason, everytime I boot up chkdisk runs on my D partition.
    >Advise, please, on how I can stop it. Thanks in advance

    Another guess :)

    A Windows NT class OS - NT, 2000, XP, Vista and the dirty partition flag
    is set.

    Messages in the event log, maybe there aren't any as you didn't say.

    D isn't formatted as NTFS, but FAT.

    Your PC keeps crashing and you had open files on D.

    www.google.com search -

    Discussion - Windows XP Pro/Server/2000/NT Support
    1516 Partition Improperly Dismounted - The partition dirty flag is set
    in the rstart record of the journal file... Ran Windows Recovery Console
    and tried ...
    http://community.netscape.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?nav=printDiscussion&webtag=ws-winprohelp&tid=190630
    - 23k - Cached - Similar pages

    Comments on “NTFS file system glitch” (page 4)
    I reinstalled Windows and other software that I had before the format.
    .... issues I get are partition improperly dismounted and dirty partition
    flag set. ...
    http://mike.steinbaugh.com/2002/08/28/11.58.38/comment-page-4/ - Similar
    pages

    About CHKDSK | Windows NT, 2000, XP Disk Repair Tool
    You can manually check the state of the dirty flag for your C: drive,
    .... If the drive partition is a boot partition, chkdsk automatically
    restarts the ...
    www.wizcrafts.net/ans/chkdsk.html - 22k - Cached - Similar pages

    Error 1516: "Partition improperly dismounted" appears randomly
    This error can occur if the partition's "dirty flag" is set in a restart
    record ... the Microsoft® Windows NT® operating system was writing the
    partition. ...
    http://service1.symantec.com/.../docid/2004052280155662?OpenDocument&lg=en&ct=us&seg=hho&src=hot
    - 33k - Cached - Similar pages
    Error 1516: "Pa

    Me

    why?, Mar 12, 2007
  4. LDR

    LDR Guest

    In article <>,
    fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz says...

    > On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 21:46:20 GMT, LDR wrote:
    >
    > >For some reason, everytime I boot up chkdisk runs on my D partition.
    > >Advise, please, on how I can stop it. Thanks in advance

    > Another guess :)
    >
    > A Windows NT class OS - NT, 2000, XP, Vista and the dirty partition flag
    > is set.
    >
    > Messages in the event log, maybe there aren't any as you didn't say.
    >
    > D isn't formatted as NTFS, but FAT.
    >
    > Your PC keeps crashing and you had open files on D.
    >
    >(snip)

    Hi Why (Is that really your name?) Just kidding, with serious thanks for
    your prompt reply and generous help.

    Shame on me for not looking first in the event file. I'm so used to
    getting rid of them that I forget why they're there is the first place.

    I had dirty flags in two partitions which I corrected with chkdsk repair
    mode.

    Again, thanks a lot. \\\ Larry R

    LDR, Mar 13, 2007
  5. LDR

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 16:48:18 GMT, LDR wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz says...
    >>
    >> On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 21:46:20 GMT, LDR wrote:
    >>
    >> >For some reason, everytime I boot up chkdisk runs on my D partition.
    >> >Advise, please, on how I can stop it. Thanks in advance

    >> Another guess :)
    >>
    >> A Windows NT class OS - NT, 2000, XP, Vista and the dirty partition flag
    >> is set.
    >>
    >> Messages in the event log, maybe there aren't any as you didn't say.
    >>
    >> D isn't formatted as NTFS, but FAT.
    >>
    >> Your PC keeps crashing and you had open files on D.
    >>
    >>(snip)

    >Hi Why (Is that really your name?) Just kidding, with serious thanks for

    Take a guess, your turn this time :)

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Mar 13, 2007
  6. LDR

    LDR Guest

    In article <>,
    fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz says...

    > >Hi Why (Is that really your name?) Just kidding, with serious thanks for

    > Take a guess, your turn this time :)
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > Me

    Hi Mr.Me; glad you have a second name since Why is a crooked letter. :)

    LDR, Mar 13, 2007