    Thomas

    somewhere else." -- Sam Walton

    , Nov 9, 2004

  2. why? Guest

    On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 04:24:29 GMT, wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Are there processes that I can shut down and system features that can
    >be toggled off that will speed up XP?

    Try
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/
    http://www.aumha.org/

    www.google.com
    Web Results 1 - 10 of about 3,320,000 English pages for
    speed up windows xp
    (0.21 seconds)

    Me

    why?, Nov 9, 2004

  3. Silly Billy Guest

    Try http://www.blackviper.com/

    Silly Billy, Nov 9, 2004
  4. Pennywise Guest

    On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 04:24:29 GMT, wrote:

    |>Hi,
    |>
    |>Are there processes that I can shut down and system features that can
    |>be toggled off that will speed up XP?

    Turn off themes.

    Right click desktop > Properties > Themes
    choose window classic.

    Pennywise, Nov 9, 2004
  5. Fred Guest

    Lady Chatterly <> wrote:

    > Progress might have been all right once, but it is gone one too long.

    The fact of it is gone one too long has no relevance.

    Fred, Nov 9, 2004
  6. In article <> Pennywise <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 04:24:29 GMT, wrote:
    >
    >|>Hi,
    >|>
    >|>Are there processes that I can shut down and system features that can
    >|>be toggled off that will speed up XP?
    >
    >Turn off themes.

    As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "If I were Lady Chatterly I'd probably consult a lawyer over the
    libellous claim that she supports the pedo-freak." -- Peter J Ross

    Lady Chatterly, Nov 9, 2004
  7. Conor Guest

    In article <>, says...

    www.blackviper.com

    --
    Conor

    Opinions personal, facts suspect.

    Conor, Nov 9, 2004
  8. why? Guest

    On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 07:56:48 GMT, Silly Billy wrote:

    >Try http://www.blackviper.com/

    Me or the OP?

    >> On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 04:24:29 GMT, wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>Are there processes that I can shut down and system features that can
    >>>be toggled off that will speed up XP?

    >> Try
    >> http://www.theeldergeek.com/
    >> http://www.aumha.org/

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Nov 9, 2004
  9. In article <> why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:

    >On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 07:56:48 GMT, Silly Billy wrote:
    >
    >>Try http://www.blackviper.com/

    >Me or the OP?

    A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a
    coffin.

    >>> http://www.theeldergeek.com/
    >>> http://www.aumha.org/

    ><snip>

    If any there were any proof of your dualistic theory.

    >Me

    What makes you think I do not acknowledge them?

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "You do realize you are trying to have an intelligent conversation
    with a bot, right?" -- FrozenNorth

    Lady Chatterly, Nov 9, 2004
  10. Fred Guest

    Lady Chatterly <fgrirp*> wrote:

    > A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a
    > coffin.

    What do you expect of a man?

    > What makes you think I do not acknowledge them?

    Oh. I expected you to acknowledge them.

    Fred, Nov 9, 2004
  11. Howdy!

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Are there processes that I can shut down and system features that can
    > be toggled off that will speed up XP?

    Go to the top of the biggest building you can find.

    Toss the computer off the edge of the roof.

    That's the best acceleration you can do B)

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Nov 10, 2004
  12. Paul - xxx Guest

    Ralph Wade Phillips vaguely muttered something like ...
    > Howdy!
    >
    > <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Are there processes that I can shut down and system features that can
    >> be toggled off that will speed up XP?

    > Go to the top of the biggest building you can find.
    >
    > Toss the computer off the edge of the roof.
    >
    > That's the best acceleration you can do B)

    Nah, strap it to the front of the car ..

    --
    Paul ...
    (8(|) Homer Rules !!!

    Paul - xxx, Nov 10, 2004
  13. Guest

    On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 00:40:19 -0800,
    Pennywise <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 04:24:29 GMT, wrote:
    >
    >|>Hi,
    >|>
    >|>Are there processes that I can shut down and system features that can
    >|>be toggled off that will speed up XP?
    >
    >Turn off themes.
    >
    >Right click desktop > Properties > Themes
    >choose window classic.

    Thank you. This helps.

    --
    Have a GREAT day,
    Thomas

    somewhere else." -- Sam Walton

    , Nov 10, 2004
  14. Guest

    Will it help to delete icon shortcuts on the desktop?

    More ideas appreciated.

    --
    Have a GREAT day,
    Thomas

    somewhere else." -- Sam Walton

    , Nov 14, 2004
  15. samuel Guest

    wrote in

    > Will it help to delete icon shortcuts on the desktop?
    >
    > More ideas appreciated.

    who are you talking too ?

    drag icons to recycle bin

    samuel, Nov 14, 2004