Way to go, Michael "What does mission critical mean?" Dell

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Rôgêr, Jan 6, 2008.

  1. Rôgêr

    Rôgêr Guest

    Rôgêr, Jan 6, 2008

  2. Rôgêr

    chuckie® Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > And Diebold too, for that matter.
    > http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/06/magazine/06Vote-t.html?ref=politics
    >
    > Shorter link:
    > http://tinyurl.com/2bgqrh

    Living here is such fun! We have a joke for a mayor and the Board Of
    Elections seems to be run by total incompetents. My favorite quote from the
    aforementioned mayor is, "It's not that we don't know that we have a
    problem, we've know it for years. The problem is, that we haven't done
    anything about it." That's it, no idea has he on how to fix it, or, for
    that matter, what the 'problem' might be...<sigh>

    chuckie®, Jan 6, 2008

  3. Rôgêr

    chuckcar Guest

    Rôgêr <> wrote in

    > And Diebold too, for that matter.
    > http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/06/magazine/06Vote-t.html?ref=politics
    >
    > Shorter link:
    > http://tinyurl.com/2bgqrh

    Well, I'm old enough to remember back when people were sold computers
    because they could do such things as balance your checkbook and keep
    track of your recipes, despite the fact that pencil and paper always has
    (and always will) work better in all of these cases, especially voting.
    Lets see: they use a computer to generate a printout of what the person
    voted because he didn't do it on a piece of paper in the first place and
    not only that, don't always get it right???

    *man* that's a good salesman...

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jan 6, 2008
  4. Rôgêr wrote:

    > And Diebold too, for that matter.
    > http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/06/magazine/06Vote-t.html?ref=politics
    >
    > Shorter link:
    > http://tinyurl.com/2bgqrh

    The Diebold Fraud Series - COMPLETE
    http://gnosis.python-hosting.com/voting-project/August.2006/0057.html

    California voting machine security tests uncover serious vulnerabilities
    http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/pos...ty-tests-uncover-serious-vulnerabilities.html

    Diebold Among Sites Still Running Windows NT4
    http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2004/10/18/diebold_among_sites_still_running_windows_nt4.html

    How to steal an election with a Diebold.
    http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/how-to-steal-an-election-with-a-diebold-machine-200693.php

    --
    <Holly>: It takes time, this. One slight error in any of my thirteen billion
    calculations and we'll be blasted to smithereens. Here we go, then: 10, 9,

    William Poaster, Jan 6, 2008
  5. Rôgêr

    Guest

    , Jan 7, 2008
  6. Rôgêr

    Guest

    , Jan 7, 2008
  7. Rôgêr

    Guest

    wrote:

    >On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 16:31:53 -0800, wrote:
    >
    >> Rôgêr <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>And Diebold too, for that matter.
    >>>http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/06/magazine/06Vote-t.html?ref=politics
    >>>
    >>>Shorter link:
    >>>http://tinyurl.com/2bgqrh

    >>comp.risks or http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/risks
    >>
    >>Has been warning about these risk since late 1990's, and every warning
    >>or risk has proven itself true.

    >Wasn't there a Peter G Neuman involved in Mad magazine some years
    >back?

    I remember an Alfred E Newman :)

    --

    Picture of a Man Making the Worst Mistake of His Life
    www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/01/07/cake.irpt/index.html

    , Jan 8, 2008
  8. Rôgêr

    Guest

    On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 18:13:08 -0800, wrote:

    > wrote:

    >>>comp.risks or http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/risks
    >>>
    >>>Has been warning about these risk since late 1990's, and every warning
    >>>or risk has proven itself true.

    >>Wasn't there a Peter G Neuman involved in Mad magazine some years
    >>back?

    >I remember an Alfred E Newman :)

    That's the guy - sorry Peter :) :)

    , Jan 8, 2008