    --
    Martin
    http://home.earthlink.net/~martinhowell

    Martin R. Howell, May 11, 2004

  2. Martin R. Howell

    John Guest

    In article <dGaoc.16462$>,
    Martin R. Howell <> wrote:

    > It was working perfectly. Never any problems. Never dropped, knocked,
    > banged, or abused in any manner. Out of the blue, the film advance lever
    > will not advance the film and the shutter will not click (release) which
    > normally remedies that situation. The self-timer will not trigger a release
    > either. . .it is also frozen-up.

    Might the shutter be stuck in operation?

    What about the battery -- lots of modern cameras can have a problem if
    the battery dies.

    John, May 11, 2004

  3. Martin R. Howell

    Boomer Guest

    "Martin R. Howell" <> did say:

    > It was working perfectly. Never any problems. Never dropped,
    > knocked, banged, or abused in any manner. Out of the blue, the
    > film advance lever will not advance the film and the shutter will
    > not click (release) which normally remedies that situation. The
    > self-timer will not trigger a release either. . .it is also
    > frozen-up.
    >
    > I attempted to google help with this problem but got nothing.
    > I checked the manual for the camera to no avail.
    > I went to alt.minolta.support and noticed the group to be
    > relatively inactive and I really
    > need to resolve the problem now since I plan on using the
    > camera
    > tonight.
    >
    > If you are familiar with this problem and know how to solve it, I
    > would very much appreciate your input.

    Hi

    You might want to ask over at this news group also.
    alt.comp.periphs.dcameras

    HTH

    Boomer, May 11, 2004
  4. Martin R. Howell wrote:

    > It was working perfectly. Never any problems. Never dropped, knocked,
    > banged, or abused in any manner. Out of the blue, the film advance lever
    > will not advance the film and the shutter will not click (release) which
    > normally remedies that situation. The self-timer will not trigger a release
    > either. . .it is also frozen-up.

    I had those exact symptoms from my old Pentax Spotmatic, a while
    back.

    Broken gear somewhere in the train.

    Take it to a camera repair shop.

    --