    affairs?

    How does your religion affect your life in general?

    Is there a way to discuss religion without fighting?

    Who is Religion?, Mar 14, 2007

  2. Jeff wrote:

    >Who is Religion? <> wrote in
    >

    >What makes man choose a religion?

    >What if a man chooses not to choose one?

    >Why is religion the major point of discrepancy when applied to world
    >affairs?

    >How does your religion affect your life in general?

    >Is there a way to discuss religion without fighting?

    >> This is

    No, it's not Usenet abuse.. It's a rational call for discussion.

    Who is Religion?, Mar 14, 2007

  3. In news:,
    Who is Religion? <> typed:
    > Jeff wrote:
    >
    >> Who is Religion? <> wrote in
    >>

    >> What makes man choose a religion?

    >> What if a man chooses not to choose one?

    >> Why is religion the major point of discrepancy when applied to world
    >> affairs?

    >> How does your religion affect your life in general?

    >> Is there a way to discuss religion without fighting?

    >>> This is

    > No, it's not Usenet abuse.. It's a rational call for discussion.

    Google on oxymoron.

    Oksana Gutteridge, Mar 14, 2007
  4. Who is Religion?

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:14:17 -0500, Who is Religion? <>
    wrote:

    >What makes man choose a religion?

    Satan.

    >What if a man chooses not to choose one?

    He rots in hell for all eternity, along with all the religion
    spammers.

    >Why is religion the major point of discrepancy when applied to world
    >affairs?

    Affairs of the state must take precedence over affairs of the state.

    Gov. William J. LePetomaine

    >How does your religion affect your life in general?

    I am the Dark Underlord of my religion.

    >Is there a way to discuss religion without fighting?

    No.

    Evan Platt, Mar 14, 2007
  5. Who is Religion?

    Frosty Guest

    On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:14:17 -0500 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk Who is
    Religion? <>, intended to write something intelligible,
    but instead wrote :

    >This is a pie chart breaking down religion by Earth population:
    >http://www.adherents.com/images/rel_pie.gif
    >
    >What makes man choose a religion?
    >
    >What if a man chooses not to choose one?
    >
    >Why is religion the major point of discrepancy when applied to world
    >affairs?
    >
    >How does your religion affect your life in general?
    >
    >Is there a way to discuss religion without fighting?

    I would suggest a couple of things.
    If you're serious about having this debate/discussion, post to an
    appropriate newsgroup.
    With a handle like the one you're toting, one assumes you are trolling
    to TELL US why our faith is incorrect and yours is the only TRUE way.
    Since the Bible thumpers *seem* to have wised up on Usenet of late,
    you MUST be one of those Muslim Koran-thumpers we've been seeing
    lately.

    Muslims, in my experience, like to debate with Christians.
    They ignore the fact that Christians don't base their faith upon
    logic, but rather (drumroll please) on faith.

    Oh and BTW...<plonk>

    Frosty, Mar 14, 2007
  6. Who is Religion?

    Roland Moore Guest

    All religious truth can be found by reading 2nd Hesitations. If you're
    looking for it you'll find it right next to Hezekiah.

    Roland Moore, Mar 14, 2007
  7. Who is Religion?

    Mike Holmes Guest

    My pref is jesus because only he is right, he wins all arguments and
    will come down and kick jew asses and make em pay taxes for the first
    time in their existence.

    Mike Holmes, Mar 14, 2007
  8. Who is Religion?

    mm Guest

    On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:51:29 -0500, Who is Religion? <>
    wrote:

    >Jeff wrote:
    >
    >>Who is Religion? <> wrote in
    >>

    >>What makes man choose a religion?

    >>What if a man chooses not to choose one?

    >>Why is religion the major point of discrepancy when applied to world
    >>affairs?

    >>How does your religion affect your life in general?

    >>Is there a way to discuss religion without fighting?

    >>> This is

    >No, it's not Usenet abuse.. It's a rational call for discussion.

    They don't have an email address called

    I do appreciate that you marked it off topic, but I'm not sure you did
    that right. Most OT threads are marked with OT, so that people with
    filters set up against OT threads will filter out those posts. Maybe
    you should have included OT and Off Topic.

    For my newsreader, the text to be filtered for don't have to lead off
    the line, so the word "WAY" would not interfere with the filter. I
    think that is typical.

    OTOH, most people haven't set up an OT filter, or any filter.

    So as far as I know, since your post off-topic and sent to unrelated
    groups, it's still appropriate to complain to the email address above.
    And Frosty's post is right on the money.

    Also, I haven't looked at your gif, but it's only a gif so who can you
    expect to have a discussion? Here? where it's off topic!

    In the enlarged meaning of the word, your post is still SPAM**.

    **Capitalized for emphasis and not to mean that it's a lunchmeat.
    (This disclaimer is for one person here who either cares or has a very
    dry wit.)

    mm, Mar 14, 2007
  9. Who is Religion?

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Mike Holmes" <> wrote in message
    > My pref is jesus because only he is right, he wins all arguments and
    > will come down and kick jew asses and make em pay taxes for the first
    > time in their existence.

    Actually, Jesus had his Jewish disciples pay their taxes (Matthew 22:21).
    And the Jewish nation was taxed in the Old Testament as well (II Kings
    23:35). You really need to read up on the subject before spouting off.

    WhzzKdd, Mar 14, 2007
  10. Who is Religion?

    alarman Guest

    Oksana Gutteridge wrote:

    > Google on oxymoron.

    Yer right this guy is a moron.

    (What's an oxy?)

    js

    alarman, Mar 14, 2007
  11. Who is Religion?

    Jimi Guest

    I beleive in Bugs Bunny... he is way up there!

    Jimi, Mar 14, 2007
  12. Who is Religion?

    Bill Kearney Guest

    > > Google on oxymoron.
    >
    > Yer right this guy is a moron.
    >
    > (What's an oxy?)

    Isn't that some new produc they're hyping on informercials these days?

    Bill Kearney, Mar 14, 2007
  13. Who is Religion?

    jerryl Guest

    > My pref is jesus because only he is right, he wins all arguments and
    > will come down and kick jew asses and make em pay taxes for the first
    > time in their existence.
    >
    > On Mar 13, 10:14 pm, Who is Religion? <> wrote:
    >> This is a pie chart breaking down religion by Earth
    >> population:http://www.adherents.com/images/rel_pie.gif
    >>
    >> What makes man choose a religion?
    >>
    >> What if a man chooses not to choose one?
    >>
    >> Why is religion the major point of discrepancy when applied to world
    >> affairs?
    >>
    >> How does your religion affect your life in general?
    >>
    >> Is there a way to discuss religion without fighting?

    Too bad you don't subscribe to Jesus' principles and teachings. You're the
    biggest heathen of all.

    jerryl, Mar 14, 2007
  14. Who is Religion?

    john sumner Guest

    jerryl wrote:
    > "Mike Holmes" <> wrote in message
    > Too bad you don't subscribe to Jesus' principles and teachings. You're the
    > biggest heathen of all.

    And proud of it dude

    john sumner, Mar 14, 2007
  15. Who is Religion?

    Petem Guest

    On Mar 13, 11:14 pm, Who is Religion? <> wrote:
    > This is a pie chart breaking down religion by Earth population:http://www.adherents.com/images/rel_pie.gif
    >
    > What makes man choose a religion?
    >
    > What if a man chooses not to choose one?
    >
    > Why is religion the major point of discrepancy when applied to world
    > affairs?
    >
    > How does your religion affect your life in general?
    >
    > Is there a way to discuss religion without fighting?

    All religion is a way for some crooks to control some group of naive
    people..

    this been usefull when there was no real civilization,but now its as
    helpfull as when Graham ask to stop top posting... ;-)

    Petem, Mar 14, 2007
  16. Who is Religion?

    Spuds Guest

    On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:14:17 -0500, Who is Religion? <> wrote:

    >This is a pie chart breaking down religion by Earth population:
    >http://www.adherents.com/images/rel_pie.gif

    And Jesus said unto them, "And whom do you say that I am?"

    They replied,"You are the eschatological manifestation of the ground of
    our being, the ontological foundation of the context of our very
    selfhood revealed."

    And Jesus replied, "What?"

    --
    I got kicked out of Indigo for moving all
    the bibles to the "Fiction" section

    Spuds, Mar 14, 2007
  17. Who is Religion?

    George R Guest

    On 14 Mar 2007 08:18:06 -0700, "Mike Holmes" <>
    wrote:

    >My pref is jesus because only he is right, he wins all arguments and
    >will come down and kick jew asses and make em pay taxes for the first
    >time in their existence.

    And the fact there is absolutely no evidence for any of it doesn't
    bother you.

    George R, Mar 14, 2007
  18. Who is Religion?

    NotX Guest

    On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 09:36:03 -0600, "Jimi" <>
    wrote:

    >I beleive in Bugs Bunny... he is way up there!

    And much closer to real that Jesus and those other things.

    >"Mike Holmes" <> wrote in message
    >> My pref is jesus because only he is right, he wins all arguments and
    >> will come down and kick jew asses and make em pay taxes for the first
    >> time in their existence.
    >>
    >> On Mar 13, 10:14 pm, Who is Religion? <> wrote:
    >>> This is a pie chart breaking down religion by Earth
    >>> population:http://www.adherents.com/images/rel_pie.gif
    >>>
    >>> What makes man choose a religion?
    >>>
    >>> What if a man chooses not to choose one?
    >>>
    >>> Why is religion the major point of discrepancy when applied to world
    >>> affairs?
    >>>
    >>> How does your religion affect your life in general?
    >>>
    >>> Is there a way to discuss religion without fighting?

    --
    "DISCLAIMER If you find a posting or message
    from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive,

    NotX, Mar 14, 2007
  19. Who is Religion?

    NotX Guest

    On 14 Mar 2007 09:30:51 -0700, "Petem" <> wrote:

    >On Mar 13, 11:14 pm, Who is Religion? <> wrote:
    >> This is a pie chart breaking down religion by Earth population:http://www.adherents.com/images/rel_pie.gif
    >>
    >> What makes man choose a religion?
    >>
    >> What if a man chooses not to choose one?
    >>
    >> Why is religion the major point of discrepancy when applied to world
    >> affairs?
    >>
    >> How does your religion affect your life in general?
    >>
    >> Is there a way to discuss religion without fighting?

    >All religion is a way for some crooks to control some group of naive
    >people..

    A simple statement that makes a whole lot most sense that the garbage
    you usually hear. Religion was (and still is) an excellent way to
    enforce slavery.

    BTW, there was an "Outer Limits" show about such a thing once (one of
    the newer shows, not the B/W ones).

    NotX, Mar 14, 2007
  20. Who is Religion?

    HeyBub Guest

    Who is Religion? wrote:
    > Is there a way to discuss religion without fighting?

    Sure you've got to be logical:

    First there was the Old Testament.

    Then the New Testament.

    Then the Newer Testament, also known as the Koran.

    Next came the Newest Testament, called the Book of Mormon.

    I'm working on translating the Bible into Morse Code ("The translation for
    the pastor who has every other translation"). I'm not sure what to call it,
    maybe "Latest Testament?"

    HeyBub, Mar 15, 2007