    released R rated version? I don't have my hopes up as the movies are
    both presented fullscreen (which is listed as a bonus feature!)

    T.B.

    Thomas Bell, Sep 24, 2003

  2. Thomas Bell

    Rictor Guest

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:47:29 GMT, Thomas Bell <>
    wrote:

    some bonus LOL
    I loved those movies--
    Sorry I don't know the answer to your question though.

    Rictor, Sep 24, 2003

  3. Thomas Bell

    Darth vg1 Guest

    unfortunatey waxwork is the r rated version.the region 2 and 4 versions are
    uncut

    Darth vg1, Sep 25, 2003
  4. On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:47:29 GMT, Thomas Bell <>
    wrote:

    >I know this movie has a very limited appeal and I kinda doubt anyone
    >knows, but can someone tell me if the just released dvd featuring
    >Waxworks and Waxworks 2 has the so-called "director cut" or uncut
    >version of the movie

    Wimited appeal? Waxworks 1 is a good movie with a nice following!
    WW2 isn't as good, but has its moments. Nice gimmick in each movie!

    Hitman of Las Vegas, Sep 25, 2003
  5. Thomas Bell

    Thomas Bell Guest

    Darth vg1 wrote:
    > unfortunatey waxwork is the r rated version.the region 2 and 4 versions are
    > uncut

    I also just discovered that *both* movies running over 100 minutes each
    are fit onto one side of a dvd, no doubt compromising image quality.
    Guess I'll pass on this one even though it's only about 12 bucks and
    look for one of the import versions.

    T.B.

    Thomas Bell, Sep 25, 2003
  6. Thomas Bell

    Murder Guest

    Thomas Bell <> wrote in

    > Darth vg1 wrote:
    >> unfortunatey waxwork is the r rated version.the region 2 and 4
    >> versions are uncut

    > I also just discovered that *both* movies running over 100 minutes
    > each are fit onto one side of a dvd, no doubt compromising image
    > quality. Guess I'll pass on this one even though it's only about 12
    > bucks and look for one of the import versions.

    I picked it up for a miserable $10 yesterday. The picture is not
    breathtaking, but it's okay. It's Dolby 2.0, so they probably saved some
    space there, and there are no commentaries or anything. Not bad for ten
    dalla, and it seems plenty gory to me even with the cuts.

    Murder, Sep 26, 2003
  7. Thomas Bell <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Darth vg1 wrote:
    > > unfortunatey waxwork is the r rated version.the region 2 and 4 versions are
    > > uncut

    > I also just discovered that *both* movies running over 100 minutes each
    > are fit onto one side of a dvd, no doubt compromising image quality.
    > Guess I'll pass on this one even though it's only about 12 bucks and
    > look for one of the import versions.
    >
    > T.B.

    It's an RSDL disc which can easily hold 4 hours at high quality. The
    bit rates may not be as high as using both layers for one movie, but
    we're not talking about movies that were ever in the running for a THX
    release anyway.

    I just watched Waxwork, and I was impressed with the image.. well, it
    was much better than the VHS tape i've had for years. I was never able
    to even confirm if a Laserdisc version of 1 exists.. at least I never
    saw one in the years and
    years I looked. Same deal with II.

    Anyway, i'm just impressed this made it to DVD.. and both movies for
    $10? can't beat that.

    Jack Laughlin, Oct 6, 2003
  8. > released R rated version? I don't have my hopes up as the movies are
    > both presented fullscreen (which is listed as a bonus feature!)
    >
    > T.B.

    Waxwork II went straight to video and was thus probably filmed in
    'Full Screen', so presenting them any other way wouldn't make much
    sense. If Waxwork I had a theatrical release it was short (I remember
    seeing it on Cinemax for the first time back in the day).. I didn't
    notice any panning or scanning so if it was filmed wider than 4:3, it
    wasn't by much.

    Jack Laughlin, Oct 6, 2003