Waterproof for fishing

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bill Kiene, Apr 8, 2004.

  1. Bill Kiene

    Bill Kiene Guest

    Hi All,

    I would like to find a smaller size waterproof digital camera that is under
    $500.

    I did see the Sony that is about $250USD and it looks pretty good for what I
    am looking for but I would go up a little.

    It is usually for carrying with me while fishing for snap shots of people
    and fish.

    I ruined all the small non-water proof film cameras I had till I got a
    little waterproof Cannon A1 @ $200?

    Thanks.

    --
    Bill Kiene

    Kiene's Fly Shop
    Sacramento, CA, USA

    Web site: www.kiene.com
    Bill Kiene, Apr 8, 2004

  2. Bill Kiene

    nellybly Guest

    In article <Ag7dc.19692$>, Bill Kiene
    <> wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I would like to find a smaller size waterproof digital camera that is under
    > $500.
    > Thanks.

    Take a look at the Pentax 33wr. It is heavily discounted right now,
    and there is a $50 manufacturer's rebate, as the 4 megapixel 43wr is
    supposed to be in stores in June.
    NB
    nellybly, Apr 8, 2004

  3. Bill Kiene

    Doug Kanter Guest

    "Bill Kiene" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I would like to find a smaller size waterproof digital camera that is

    under
    > $500.
    >
    > I did see the Sony that is about $250USD and it looks pretty good for what

    > am looking for but I would go up a little.
    >
    > It is usually for carrying with me while fishing for snap shots of people
    > and fish.
    >
    > I ruined all the small non-water proof film cameras I had till I got a
    > little waterproof Cannon A1 @ $200?

    Yesterday, in my email, I got a bulletin from PC Magazine (www.pcmag.com)
    which mentioned some good things about one of the Olympus Stylus digital
    models that's supposedly sealed against the elements. It didn't say it was
    totally waterproof. Unfortunately, I deleted the email because I'm not in
    the market for that sort of thing, but you should be able to find it at the
    web site.
    Doug Kanter, Apr 8, 2004
  4. In article <afhdc.1090$>, Doug Kanter

    http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_digital_stylus.asp
    Charlie Dilks, Apr 8, 2004