    I can find in the market??

    Andrea :)
    http://www.youwager.com
    Andrea, Jul 26, 2004

  2. (Andrea) writes:

    > I need a water resistant camera not very expensive, what good options
    > I can find in the market??

    The Olympus stylus advertises a water resistant camera. My mother in law
    bought one and returned it because she couldn't use the small LCD screen. I
    didn't actually use it, but the screen is about the same size as most other
    cameras of its ilk (other than the Sony T1).

    There is something to be said for using a large zip-loc (TM) or equivalent
    plastic bag :) Or get an aquapak (http://www.aquapac.net/).

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:
    Michael Meissner, Jul 26, 2004

  3. Andrea

    nellybly Guest

    nellybly, Jul 26, 2004
  4. Andrea

    Sabineellen Guest

    >Steve's Digicams has revies on WR and underwater cameras here:
    >http://www.steves-digicams.com/cameras_wr.html .
    >I have a Pentax 43wr that I am very happy with.
    >HTH,
    >NB

    Hey i'm curious about the pentax 43wr... is it shock resistant too? is the
    casing metal or plastic?
    Sabineellen, Jul 26, 2004
  5. Andrea

    nellybly Guest

    In article <>, Sabineellen
    <> wrote:

    > Hey i'm curious about the pentax 43wr... is it shock resistant too? is the
    > casing metal or plastic?

    It's plastic with rubber corners.
    http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/optio43wr_qtvr.html
    It seems pretty rugged to me, but I have never dropped it. There are
    quite a few folks in the dpreview forums that take the camera white
    water rafting, and it seems to survive pretty rough treatment.
    NB
    nellybly, Jul 26, 2004
  6. Andrea

    Your-nice Guest

    Canon sure shot A1 I use one in my pool it a fixed lens and ok down to
    about 5 meters ,cost under £100

    Your-nice, Jul 26, 2004
  7. Andrea

    Andrea Guest

    Yes I forgot that it should be shock resistant too. I train dogs so I
    need to take pictures outside when its rainning (Costa Rica always
    rains) and it could happend that I drop it because a dog jumps on me
    or something ...

    Andrea :)
    http://www.youwager.com
    Andrea, Jul 28, 2004
  8. Andrea

    Sabineellen Guest

    consider the pentax 43wr
    Sabineellen, Jul 28, 2004
  9. Andrea

    Andrea Guest

    (Sabineellen) wrote in message news:<>...
    > consider the pentax 43wr

    Hey! I found this: canon WP-DC800 waterproof case $240 www.canousa.com,
    but I'll have to buy a canon

    Andrea :)
    http://www.youwager.com
    Andrea, Jul 29, 2004
  10. Andrea

    JK Guest

    nellybly <> wrote in

    > In article <>, Sabineellen
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hey i'm curious about the pentax 43wr... is it shock resistant too?
    >> is the casing metal or plastic?

    > It's plastic with rubber corners.
    > http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/optio43wr_qtvr.html
    > It seems pretty rugged to me, but I have never dropped it. There are
    > quite a few folks in the dpreview forums that take the camera white
    > water rafting, and it seems to survive pretty rough treatment.
    > NB

    I'm curious too. I want to get a digital before I go travelling around
    Central America for 6 months. I Could do with something that would cope
    with changing weather conditions, humidity, beaches, being knocked about in
    a rucksack etc. I was thinking of the new Canon S60 but am worried about
    it's ability to cope in such conditions.

    Re the Pentax 43WR, what are your opinions of picture quality and battery
    life?

    JK
    JK, Aug 3, 2004