    Personally I think waterfalls are the most beautiful shots for
    photography there are. They all are magical and mysterious.

    http://www.forestwaterfalls.com
    Forest Wanderer, Nov 14, 2006

  2. Forest Wanderer

    Hebee Jeebes Guest

    I love waterfalls. I just bought a guide book of California waterfalls and
    was amazed that there are over 200 waterfalls in California. Some on private
    land but most on public land. Great shots btw.

    Hebee Jeebes, Nov 14, 2006

  3. Forest Wanderer

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Hebee Jeebes wrote:
    > I love waterfalls. I just bought a guide book of California waterfalls and
    > was amazed that there are over 200 waterfalls in California. Some on private
    > land but most on public land. Great shots btw.

    > "Forest Wanderer" <> wrote in message
    >> I want to share my site that is dedicated to waterfall photography. I
    >> am just an amateur but I like sharing my work and posting it for others
    >> to enjoy. Please respond and let me know if you like it.
    >>
    >> Personally I think waterfalls are the most beautiful shots for
    >> photography there are. They all are magical and mysterious.
    >>
    >> http://www.forestwaterfalls.com

    Then you would love a trip down the Columbia river along Oregon highway
    84. Lots of really nice waterfalls. Search Webshots.com for
    waterfalls, and you will probably see some of my pictures (rphunter42)
    there. It is a pretty popular subject.
    Ron Hunter, Nov 14, 2006
  4. Forest Wanderer

    mogh baba Guest

    On 13 Nov 2006 19:29:23 -0800, "Forest Wanderer"
    <> wrote:

    >I want to share my site that is dedicated to waterfall photography. I
    >am just an amateur but I like sharing my work and posting it for others
    >to enjoy. Please respond and let me know if you like it.
    >
    >Personally I think waterfalls are the most beautiful shots for
    >photography there are. They all are magical and mysterious.
    >
    >http://www.forestwaterfalls.com

    Nice pictures. you are lucky that have access to so many waterfalls.

    Mogh
    mogh baba, Nov 14, 2006
  5. In article <>, Ron Hunter
    <> wrote:

    > Then you would love a trip down the Columbia river along Oregon highway
    > 84. Lots of really nice waterfalls. Search Webshots.com for
    > waterfalls, and you will probably see some of my pictures (rphunter42)
    > there. It is a pretty popular subject.

    I was just there last summer. Since I live in western WA, it's not a
    long drive. But there's about a ten mile stretch where there are
    waterfalls everywhere.
    Randall Ainsworth, Nov 14, 2006
  6. Forest Wanderer

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Randall Ainsworth wrote:
    > In article <>, Ron Hunter
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Then you would love a trip down the Columbia river along Oregon highway
    >> 84. Lots of really nice waterfalls. Search Webshots.com for
    >> waterfalls, and you will probably see some of my pictures (rphunter42)
    >> there. It is a pretty popular subject.

    > I was just there last summer. Since I live in western WA, it's not a
    > long drive. But there's about a ten mile stretch where there are
    > waterfalls everywhere.

    Very nice ones at that. Really enjoyed Multnomah Falls. Wish I were
    young and able enough to have climbed to the top, or at least to the bridge.
    Ron Hunter, Nov 14, 2006
  7. In article <>, Ron Hunter
    <> wrote:

    > Very nice ones at that. Really enjoyed Multnomah Falls. Wish I were
    > young and able enough to have climbed to the top, or at least to the bridge.

    Getting to the bridge is a pretty easy climb, but going to the top...I
    decided to pass. But there's a pretty impressive view from Vista House
    just down the road.
    Randall Ainsworth, Nov 15, 2006
  8. Forest Wanderer

    Scott W Guest

    Randall Ainsworth wrote:
    > In article <>, Ron Hunter
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > Very nice ones at that. Really enjoyed Multnomah Falls. Wish I were
    > > young and able enough to have climbed to the top, or at least to the bridge.

    > Getting to the bridge is a pretty easy climb, but going to the top...I
    > decided to pass. But there's a pretty impressive view from Vista House
    > just down the road.

    A view from the top, 20 years ago.
    http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/70242123

    Not a great image but the only one I took when I was up there.

    Scott
    Scott W, Nov 15, 2006
  9. Scott W wrote:
    > Randall Ainsworth wrote:
    >> In article <>, Ron Hunter
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Very nice ones at that. Really enjoyed Multnomah Falls. Wish I were
    >>> young and able enough to have climbed to the top, or at least to the bridge.

    >> Getting to the bridge is a pretty easy climb, but going to the top...I
    >> decided to pass. But there's a pretty impressive view from Vista House
    >> just down the road.

    > A view from the top, 20 years ago.
    > http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/70242123
    >
    > Not a great image but the only one I took when I was up there.

    Where's the farmstead in the photo next to it?

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Nov 15, 2006
  10. Forest Wanderer

    Scott W Guest

    John McWilliams wrote:

    > > Not a great image but the only one I took when I was up there.

    > Where's the farmstead in the photo next to it?

    That is in Michigan, from around 1982 back when I was flying
    ultra-lights.
    In fact it was flying ultra-lights that made me get my first decent
    camera, a used Nikon
    SLR. Before that I was shooting with an SX70, not a good camera to
    take flying.

    Scott
    Scott W, Nov 15, 2006
  11. Scott W wrote:
    > John McWilliams wrote:
    >
    >>> Not a great image but the only one I took when I was up there.

    >> Where's the farmstead in the photo next to it?
    >>

    > That is in Michigan, from around 1982 back when I was flying
    > ultra-lights.
    > In fact it was flying ultra-lights that made me get my first decent
    > camera, a used Nikon
    > SLR. Before that I was shooting with an SX70, not a good camera to
    > take flying.

    My last flight was over similar terrain, in Illinois, a few years
    earlier. But it was a standard single engine land.

    --
    john mcwilliams
    John McWilliams, Nov 15, 2006
  12. Forest Wanderer

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Scott W wrote:
    > Randall Ainsworth wrote:
    >> In article <>, Ron Hunter
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Very nice ones at that. Really enjoyed Multnomah Falls. Wish I were
    >>> young and able enough to have climbed to the top, or at least to the bridge.

    >> Getting to the bridge is a pretty easy climb, but going to the top...I
    >> decided to pass. But there's a pretty impressive view from Vista House
    >> just down the road.

    > A view from the top, 20 years ago.
    > http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/70242123
    >
    > Not a great image but the only one I took when I was up there.
    >
    > Scott

    I am rather glad I wasn't up to the climb. Not that impressive a view.
    Ron Hunter, Nov 15, 2006
  13. Forest Wanderer

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Scott W wrote:
    > John McWilliams wrote:
    >
    >>> Not a great image but the only one I took when I was up there.

    >> Where's the farmstead in the photo next to it?
    >>

    > That is in Michigan, from around 1982 back when I was flying
    > ultra-lights.
    > In fact it was flying ultra-lights that made me get my first decent
    > camera, a used Nikon
    > SLR. Before that I was shooting with an SX70, not a good camera to
    > take flying.
    >
    > Scott

    In another thread, someone was complaining about having to change lenses
    on a DSLR, and I mentioned your ultra-light use, and how inconvenient
    changing lenses would be to you in that situation. A bit of a bump, or
    gust, and OOOOPPPPSSSS, there goes a $1500 lens...
    Ron Hunter, Nov 15, 2006
  14. Randall Ainsworth, Nov 15, 2006
  15. Forest Wanderer

    Guest

    Amazing shots you have. My wifes home town has so many in the area
    too. I will have to try and experiment to get some results.

    Forest Wanderer wrote:
    > I want to share my site that is dedicated to waterfall photography. I
    > am just an amateur but I like sharing my work and posting it for others
    > to enjoy. Please respond and let me know if you like it.
    >
    > Personally I think waterfalls are the most beautiful shots for
    > photography there are. They all are magical and mysterious.
    >
    > http://www.forestwaterfalls.com
    , Nov 15, 2006
  16. Forest Wanderer

    Scott W Guest

    Ron Hunter wrote:

    > In another thread, someone was complaining about having to change lenses
    > on a DSLR, and I mentioned your ultra-light use, and how inconvenient
    > changing lenses would be to you in that situation. A bit of a bump, or
    > gust, and OOOOPPPPSSSS, there goes a $1500 lens...

    I never changed lenes while flying, for the reasons you have given.
    Mostly I used the 50mm 1.4 lens, which gave me my best results,
    but not so good when I wanted to get photo of other utlra-lights in the
    air.
    So I bought a zoom lens (in 1982 zoom lenses were not very good). It
    was
    very hard to get any kind of a good photo with the zoom because we
    normally
    would fly late in the day when the sun was very low and the zoom was
    maybe
    a f/5.6 and I use ISO 64 film and I was moving and the other ulta-light
    was moving.

    So Mostly I should have just always left the 50mm on. But then again
    this is
    what another ulta-light looks like with a 50mm
    lens.http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/70266072

    I would love to be able to go back in time with my DSLR and a good
    lens.

    Scott
    Scott W, Nov 15, 2006
  17. Forest Wanderer

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Scott W wrote:
    > Ron Hunter wrote:
    >
    >> In another thread, someone was complaining about having to change lenses
    >> on a DSLR, and I mentioned your ultra-light use, and how inconvenient
    >> changing lenses would be to you in that situation. A bit of a bump, or
    >> gust, and OOOOPPPPSSSS, there goes a $1500 lens...

    > I never changed lenes while flying, for the reasons you have given.
    > Mostly I used the 50mm 1.4 lens, which gave me my best results,
    > but not so good when I wanted to get photo of other utlra-lights in the
    > air.
    > So I bought a zoom lens (in 1982 zoom lenses were not very good). It
    > was
    > very hard to get any kind of a good photo with the zoom because we
    > normally
    > would fly late in the day when the sun was very low and the zoom was
    > maybe
    > a f/5.6 and I use ISO 64 film and I was moving and the other ulta-light
    > was moving.
    >
    > So Mostly I should have just always left the 50mm on. But then again
    > this is
    > what another ulta-light looks like with a 50mm
    > lens.http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/70266072
    >
    > I would love to be able to go back in time with my DSLR and a good
    > lens.
    >
    > Scott

    Nice pic. I have seen a couple of ultra-lights flying around my local
    area in the evening lately.
    Ron Hunter, Nov 15, 2006
  18. Forest Wanderer

    MadHatter Guest

    Scott W wrote:
    > Randall Ainsworth wrote:
    > > In article <>, Ron Hunter
    > > <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Very nice ones at that. Really enjoyed Multnomah Falls. Wish I were
    > > > young and able enough to have climbed to the top, or at least to the bridge.

    > > Getting to the bridge is a pretty easy climb, but going to the top...I
    > > decided to pass. But there's a pretty impressive view from Vista House
    > > just down the road.

    > A view from the top, 20 years ago.
    > http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/70242123
    >
    > Not a great image but the only one I took when I was up there.
    >
    > Scott

    It doesn't have to be great. I bet that you're glad that you have it
    now. I've been up there a few times, and I'm glad to be able to see
    what it looked like before they put in the current platform.
    MadHatter, Nov 15, 2006
  19. Forest Wanderer

    MadHatter Guest

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > Scott W wrote:
    > > Randall Ainsworth wrote:

    > >> Getting to the bridge is a pretty easy climb, but going to the top...I
    > >> decided to pass. But there's a pretty impressive view from Vista House
    > >> just down the road.

    > > A view from the top, 20 years ago.
    > > http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/70242123
    > >
    > > Not a great image but the only one I took when I was up there.
    > >
    > > Scott
    > >

    > I am rather glad I wasn't up to the climb. Not that impressive a view.

    I'm surprised at how many people hike up to the top of the falls. But
    the majority of them stop there. There are several nice waterfalls and
    some very nice scenery further up the Larch Mountain trail.
    MadHatter, Nov 15, 2006