    Cloud time-lapse in San Francisco:
    <http://www.edgehill.net/1/?SC=go.php&DIR=California/Bay-Area/San-Francisco/our-garden/more/2005-02-18-cloud-time-lapse>
    32MB download, turn on the sound for music.
    paul, Feb 22, 2005

  2. paul

    Mark² Guest

    "paul" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Some new photography in my gallery, comments welcome.
    >
    > Waterfall stills:
    > <http://www.edgehill.net/1/?SC=go.php&DIR=California/Bay-Area/Mt-Tam&PICS=16>
    >
    > Cloud time-lapse in San Francisco:
    > <http://www.edgehill.net/1/?SC=go.php&DIR=California/Bay-Area/San-Francisco/our-garden/more/2005-02-18-cloud-time-lapse>
    > 32MB download, turn on the sound for music.

    I love the time-lapse...especially the first sequence.
    What I found most interesting was watching the very early (in the video) occurance of some
    tall buildings actually creating their own "weather", or clouds. This happens after about
    15 seconds or so.

    On that first sequence...and question:
    What was your interval?
    Was that one shot per second?
    More frequent?
    Less?
    I saw planes flying by, and it seems that you must have been not much more than a second
    or so.
    Thanks for the post.
    I enjoyed it, and would like to try something similar.
    -Mark²
    Mark², Feb 23, 2005

  3. paul

    Cynicor Guest

    "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:

    > "paul" <> wrote:
    >> Waterfall stills:
    >> <http://www.edgehill.net/1/?SC=go.php&DIR=California/Bay-Area/Mt-Tam&PICS=16>
    >>
    >> Cloud time-lapse in San Francisco:
    >> <http://www.edgehill.net/1/?SC=go.php&DIR=California/Bay-Area/San-Francisco/our-garden/more/2005-02-18-cloud-time-lapse>
    >> 32MB download, turn on the sound for music.

    > I love the time-lapse...especially the first sequence.
    > What I found most interesting was watching the very early (in the video)
    > occurance of some tall buildings actually creating their own "weather", or
    > clouds. This happens after about 15 seconds or so.
    >
    > On that first sequence...and question:
    > What was your interval?
    > Was that one shot per second?
    > More frequent?
    > Less?
    > I saw planes flying by, and it seems that you must have been not much more
    > than a second or so.
    > Thanks for the post.
    > I enjoyed it, and would like to try something similar.
    > -Mark²

    That sequence really did look amazing. I'm ready to try it too. Hook up the
    Nikon Capture and let it rip.
    Cynicor, Feb 23, 2005
  4. paul

    paul Guest

    Mark² wrote:

    > "paul" <> wrote in message news:...
    >
    >>Some new photography in my gallery, comments welcome.
    >>
    >>Waterfall stills:
    >><http://www.edgehill.net/1/?SC=go.php&DIR=California/Bay-Area/Mt-Tam&PICS=16>
    >>
    >>Cloud time-lapse in San Francisco:
    >><http://www.edgehill.net/1/?SC=go.php&DIR=California/Bay-Area/San-Francisco/our-garden/more/2005-02-18-cloud-time-lapse>
    >>32MB download, turn on the sound for music.

    > I love the time-lapse...especially the first sequence.
    > What I found most interesting was watching the very early (in the video) occurance of some
    > tall buildings actually creating their own "weather", or clouds. This happens after about
    > 15 seconds or so.
    >
    > On that first sequence...and question:
    > What was your interval?
    > Was that one shot per second?
    > More frequent?
    > Less?
    > I saw planes flying by, and it seems that you must have been not much more than a second
    > or so.
    > Thanks for the post.
    > I enjoyed it, and would like to try something similar.
    > -Mark²

    Glad you enjoyed.

    The first sequence was 2 seconds per frame & played back at 32 frames
    per second. That sequence is 350MB at 1024x768. I think the others were
    around 4 seconds per shot, playback at 16fps.
    paul, Feb 23, 2005