Water Coolers are they Really Better then The Tuniq Tower120

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by unholy, Aug 13, 2005.

?

True?

  1. No

    100.0%
  2. Yes

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    You might have read the review. http://www.velocityreviews.com/review44.php , I reviewed it and god was i Pleased, it both out performed a standard Water Cooler (Non Home Made) and was able to do it well.
    Such a drop is temperature got this Cooler the Pure Beefiness award.
    What do you think, Will you get one?
    unholy, Aug 13, 2005

  2. unholy

    CJRulz

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2005
    Messages:
    56
    Unholy you should turn this into a poll :p
    CJRulz, Aug 13, 2005

  3. unholy

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    Depends on what water cooling kit you compare it to. I know/have several kits that will smoke it.........;) Like the new Swiftech APEX  Extreme KIT.
    And that water cooling system you compared it to isn't much of a water cooling system. But in all fairness, the TT Big Typhoon also beats all the cheap basic water cooling systems out there when used on a A64 chip. The true test would be to test those things on a Intel OVEN, which I don't own either, and more than likely never will............... :shock:
    Bio-Hazard, Aug 13, 2005
  4. unholy

    Flukemanguy

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    169
    Less risk? lololol you mean no risk!!!
    Flukemanguy, Aug 14, 2005
  5. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    I am talking about kits like the Titan TWC-A05, which are priced More or about the same. in the review u see the comparision :p
    I am not trying to say this Cooler is Ulitmate but it just goes to show the first Cooler Tuniq Released Is Well up their in the ranks of extreme, and why? because Sunbeam/Tuniq put the effort in :D.
    I know this is the cooler i will be using for test setups :D, but until i get a high priced Water cooler, or make my own with a sweet pump :p poushing out too much water for u to handle :D
    But you have to admit this is one sweet cooler?
    unholy, Aug 14, 2005
  6. unholy

    CJRulz

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2005
    Messages:
    56
    Yaya my ideas rule, it is now a poll :D :D
    CJRulz, Aug 14, 2005
  7. unholy

    Flukemanguy

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    169
    uh your a bit slow
    Flukemanguy, Aug 14, 2005
  8. unholy

    CJRulz

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2005
    Messages:
    56
    You're the slow one luke... Random thought... Who do you play in the production?
    CJRulz, Aug 14, 2005
  9. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    ummm how about i see some voting going on :|
    unholy, Aug 14, 2005
  10. unholy

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    They are a good cooler, no argument about that, but most of todays heatpipe coolers do very well. Even the TT Big Typhoon ran even with my custom water cooler until I cranked up the volts, and I mean really cranked them to the max setting for a max OC. That's where you seperate the the real coolers....................;)
    Bio-Hazard, Aug 15, 2005
  11. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    but Thermaltake have been around for awhile haven't they?
    What i am trying to get out is that we have yet to see what Tuniq and SUnbeam have for us.
    First Cooler Hoons
    Second Cooler Hoons even more
    Thats what we could see, and being a fan of Sunbeam i hope they do keep going, and maybe go into water cooling some day :D
    unholy, Aug 15, 2005
  12. unholy

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    I'm not knocking Sunbeam Tech by any means, I love their stuff, and like I said their cooler is good..........just your statement was a little misleading for someone that didn't read the complete review.............;) And no the Big Typhoon is one of TT newest coolers and yes TT has been around for some time..............My first after market cooler was a thermaltake.............:)
    Bio-Hazard, Aug 15, 2005
  13. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    mine was a cooler master not the best cooler but it worked reasonably well :D
    unholy, Aug 15, 2005
  14. unholy

    Flukemanguy

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    169
    Me? I play Donald :D The Soda Jerk!
    Flukemanguy, Aug 16, 2005
  15. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    you play nothing :p u get the roll of cleaning up the rubbish after i have had my breakfast! :D
    unholy, Sep 3, 2005
  16. unholy

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    I wouldn't buy one because it only decreased load temps by 8 degrees. For me that doesn't justify having a heatsink of that size.
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 6, 2005
  17. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Yeah, at $55 US, $71AU i wouldnt either. I suppose its not as expensive as a few others out there, but I havent overclocked my pc yet, so i havent needed great cooling. One day ill get around to it, but for the moment it stays at 1.8Ghz :p And yeah, its a tank of a heatsink. Hugetastic.
    XhArD, Sep 6, 2005
  18. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    do remember *c in winter....my CPU takes ages for it to get cooking past 30c EVER, its a very untoasty computer :)
    unholy, Sep 6, 2005
  19. unholy

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Well test it on a toasty one next time so we can see how it copes with more heat ;)
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 6, 2005
  20. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    mines being dodgy.. it used to sit idle at 29-30 degrees. now it sits idle at 32-33, and 38-39 under load :S not cool. ima need some more fans, and some gruntier cooling soon :) At the moment its just on the stock fans n crap that came with it.
    XhArD, Sep 6, 2005