Watching TV on Compaq nc8000 laptop

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by n o s p a m p l e a s e, Oct 29, 2005.

  1. What all is need to watch TV [I mean regular TV] on Compaq nc8000
    laptop?
    n o s p a m p l e a s e, Oct 29, 2005

  2. n o s p a m p l e a s e

    Toolman Tim Guest

    n o s p a m p l e a s e wrote:
    > What all is need to watch TV [I mean regular TV] on Compaq nc8000
    > laptop?

    Rabbit ears?

    like an idiot.
    Toolman Tim, Oct 29, 2005

  3. n o s p a m p l e a s e

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, n o
    s p a m p l e a s e <> wrote:

    > What all is need to watch TV [I mean regular TV] on Compaq nc8000
    > laptop?

    You need a way to receive the signal (antenna or connection for VCR or
    coaxial cable) and a processing and tuning circuit.

    You should be able to find this kind of thing in a TV tuner adapter
    connecting to USB or Firewire, and your laptop may have a video input
    connection.

    Here are two of the USB types:
    http://www.hauppauge.com/html/usb_data.htm
    http://www.averm.co.uk/avermedia/products/tvtuner_AVerTV_usb.html

    I don't know either one; I just searched.
    Mitch, Oct 30, 2005