    does?. With OE one simply clicks a column and the treads turn red to
    catch your eye. Marking the news group as read in Mozilla seems to
    eliminate the Watch. Am I using it improperly?
    William W. Plummer, Aug 5, 2004

  2. William W. Plummer

    Grinder Guest

    William W. Plummer wrote:

    > Is there any way to get Mozilla NewsReader to Watch threads the way OE
    > does?. With OE one simply clicks a column and the treads turn red to
    > catch your eye. Marking the news group as read in Mozilla seems to
    > eliminate the Watch. Am I using it improperly?

    I don't know what causing this, nor have I specifically seen that
    behavior before. From that position of ignorance, however, I would
    probably try uninstalling my extensions and seeing if that takes care of
    it. If so, you can easily reinstall those extensions.
    Grinder, Aug 5, 2004

  3. William W. Plummer

    Pun Krocker Guest

    On this day, 05/Aug/04 14:15, William W. Plummer said the following:
    > Is there any way to get Mozilla NewsReader to Watch threads the way OE
    > does?. With OE one simply clicks a column and the treads turn red to
    > catch your eye. Marking the news group as read in Mozilla seems to
    > eliminate the Watch. Am I using it improperly?

    Press "W"

    --
    d[®_®]b PK

    interviewing people who can't talk
    for people who can't read."
    Pun Krocker, Aug 5, 2004
  4. William W. Plummer

    Pun Krocker Guest

    On this day, 05/Aug/04 14:15, William W. Plummer said the following:
    > Is there any way to get Mozilla NewsReader to Watch threads the way OE
    > does?. With OE one simply clicks a column and the treads turn red to
    > catch your eye. Marking the news group as read in Mozilla seems to
    > eliminate the Watch. Am I using it improperly?

    Press "W" to watch, press number "1" to mark important (thread goes red
    to catch eye).

    HTH

    Pun Krocker, Aug 5, 2004
  5. William W. Plummer

    Grinder Guest

    Grinder wrote:

    > William W. Plummer wrote:
    >
    >> Is there any way to get Mozilla NewsReader to Watch threads the way OE
    >> does?. With OE one simply clicks a column and the treads turn red to
    >> catch your eye. Marking the news group as read in Mozilla seems to
    >> eliminate the Watch. Am I using it improperly?

    > I don't know what causing this, nor have I specifically seen that
    > behavior before. From that position of ignorance, however, I would
    > probably try uninstalling my extensions and seeing if that takes care of
    > it. If so, you can easily reinstall those extensions.

    Oops, obviously this is a non sequiter -- I'm not sure what I did, but
    hope you'll disregard it.
    Grinder, Aug 5, 2004
  6. Pun Krocker wrote:
    > On this day, 05/Aug/04 14:15, William W. Plummer said the following:
    >
    >> Is there any way to get Mozilla NewsReader to Watch threads the way OE
    >> does?. With OE one simply clicks a column and the treads turn red to
    >> catch your eye. Marking the news group as read in Mozilla seems to
    >> eliminate the Watch. Am I using it improperly?

    > Press "W" to watch, press number "1" to mark important (thread goes red
    > to catch eye).
    >
    > HTH

    Thanks. Is that documented anywhere?
    Only the message that I had selected turned red, however. Not the whole
    thread. But we getting closer!
    William W. Plummer, Aug 5, 2004
  7. William W. Plummer

    .BRIAN. Guest

    William W. Plummer wrote:

    > Pun Krocker wrote:
    >
    >> On this day, 05/Aug/04 14:15, William W. Plummer said the following:
    >>
    >>> Is there any way to get Mozilla NewsReader to Watch threads the way
    >>> OE does?. With OE one simply clicks a column and the treads turn red
    >>> to catch your eye. Marking the news group as read in Mozilla seems
    >>> to eliminate the Watch. Am I using it improperly?

    >> Press "W" to watch, press number "1" to mark important (thread goes
    >> red to catch eye).
    >>
    >> HTH
    >>

    > Thanks. Is that documented anywhere?
    > Only the message that I had selected turned red, however. Not the whole
    > thread. But we getting closer!

    Hmm... I think Mozilla's way of watching threads is more useful than the
    OE way. But that's just me. Do you really need to have the entire
    thread marked watch? What is the point in that if the first message is
    already marked?

    I guess it's not the actual marking of messages in Mozilla, but the
    ability to select VIEW >> THREADS >> WATCHED THREADS WITH UNREAD that I
    like. You can also choose "W" and then "label" the message as some
    category to color it.

    --
    Brian

    Email Info -
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm
    .BRIAN., Aug 6, 2004
  8. William W. Plummer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    ..BRIAN. wondered:
    > Do you really need to have the entire
    > thread marked watch? What is the point in that if the first message is
    > already marked?
    >
    > I guess it's not the actual marking of messages in Mozilla, but the
    > ability to select VIEW >> THREADS >> WATCHED THREADS WITH UNREAD that I
    > like. You can also choose "W" and then "label" the message as some
    > category to color it.

    I would rather not have to constantly switch between views, and I prefer
    only to view unread messages. When I post to a ng thread I make a point
    of marking the thread as watched. That way I can be much more confident
    of not missing someone else's response to my response that I ought to
    respond to.

    When viewing unread messages only, having the entire thread highlighted
    in a different colour makes it immediately obvious when someone has
    posted something new to a watched thread. It's the one thing that I
    still miss about OE, since moving to TB (OK, I know the OP asked about
    Mozilla newsreader, but TB works in the same way).

    Danny Colyer, Aug 6, 2004
  9. Danny Colyer wrote:

    > .BRIAN. wondered:
    >
    >> Do you really need to have the entire thread marked watch? What is
    >> the point in that if the first message is already marked?
    >>
    >> I guess it's not the actual marking of messages in Mozilla, but the
    >> ability to select VIEW >> THREADS >> WATCHED THREADS WITH UNREAD that
    >> I like. You can also choose "W" and then "label" the message as some
    >> category to color it.

    > I would rather not have to constantly switch between views, and I prefer
    > only to view unread messages. When I post to a ng thread I make a point
    > of marking the thread as watched. That way I can be much more confident
    > of not missing someone else's response to my response that I ought to
    > respond to.
    >
    > When viewing unread messages only, having the entire thread highlighted
    > in a different colour makes it immediately obvious when someone has
    > posted something new to a watched thread. It's the one thing that I
    > still miss about OE, since moving to TB (OK, I know the OP asked about
    > Mozilla newsreader, but TB works in the same way).

    I agree with Danny's comments. OE newsreader "watch" is much easier to use.
    William W. Plummer, Aug 6, 2004
  10. William W. Plummer

    --BRIAN-- Guest

    Danny Colyer wrote:

    > .BRIAN. wondered:
    >
    >> Do you really need to have the entire thread marked watch? What is
    >> the point in that if the first message is already marked?
    >>
    >> I guess it's not the actual marking of messages in Mozilla, but the
    >> ability to select VIEW >> THREADS >> WATCHED THREADS WITH UNREAD that
    >> I like. You can also choose "W" and then "label" the message as some
    >> category to color it.

    > I would rather not have to constantly switch between views, and I prefer
    > only to view unread messages. When I post to a ng thread I make a point
    > of marking the thread as watched. That way I can be much more confident
    > of not missing someone else's response to my response that I ought to
    > respond to.
    >
    > When viewing unread messages only, having the entire thread highlighted
    > in a different colour makes it immediately obvious when someone has
    > posted something new to a watched thread. It's the one thing that I
    > still miss about OE, since moving to TB (OK, I know the OP asked about
    > Mozilla newsreader, but TB works in the same way).

    I understand. I guess I've used Mozilla for so long that I am just used
    to the way it works. The "watched" threads pop out to me ;-) Maybe
    someone can create an extension for you or they can modify Mozilla. I'd
    check out the Mozillazine forums.

    --BRIAN--, Aug 7, 2004