    2. Change the format of video to a VCD or another format that is
    compatable with a DVD player. Does anyone know how to do this?

    Thanks in advance.

    Whin. G, Nov 5, 2004

  2. Whin. G

    Onno Voors Guest

    (Whin. G) wrote in
    news::

    > 2. Change the format of video to a VCD or another format that is
    > compatable with a DVD player. Does anyone know how to do this?

    You can do this quite easily with Tmpgenc, which is freeware for MPEG1
    (vcd) encoding. it also has a 30-day trial period for Mpeg2 (dvd) encoding.
    I have done this with mpegs from my DSC P32, and the result was quite good,
    at least in comparison with the original clip.
    Go to www.videohelp.com for further info on converting.

    One problem was that Tmpgenc did not recognize the audio. I worked around
    this by using freeware Virtualdub to save the audio in WAV format, which
    Tmpgenc did recognize as an audio source.

    --
    Onno Voors
    Onno Voors, Nov 6, 2004