    What is going on? Is playing a DVD on a laptop stretch a laptops performance
    to the max and when it gets warm it crashes? Or is it some kind of memory
    leak causing it? Or what can it be?

    Bobby, Oct 25, 2004

  2. Bobby

    Roger Zoul Guest

    Bobby wrote:
    :: I have experienced the following on 3 different laptops.
    ::
    :: They can all play DVDs using both Windows Media Player and a DVD
    :: player that came installed on the laptop. They all play fine for a
    :: while, although movement was not very smooth on one of them. After a
    :: while video starts to "stutter" more and more eventually freezing
    :: the picture. Media Player must be restarted, just for the same thing
    :: to happen shortly after. Sound is smooth until the freeze.
    ::
    :: What is going on?

    Who knows.

    Is playing a DVD on a laptop stretch a laptops
    :: performance to the max and when it gets warm it crashes?

    DVDs play fine on my laptops.

    Or is it
    :: some kind of memory leak causing it? Or what can it be?

    Could be.

    Roger Zoul, Oct 25, 2004

  3. Bobby

    Pug Fugley Guest

    There's something wrong with your laptop.

    Pug Fugley, Oct 25, 2004
  4. Bobby

    DVDfanatico Guest

    Dear Bobby,

    What kind of laptop do you own?

    Maybe you should try installing a new player like the ones form www.DVDidle.com

    God bless
    -DVDfanatico

    DVDfanatico, Oct 25, 2004
  5. Bobby

    Joe Kaffe Guest

    "Bobby" <> wrote in message
    > I have experienced the following on 3 different laptops.
    >
    > They can all play DVDs using both Windows Media Player and a DVD player

    that
    > came installed on the laptop. They all play fine for a while, although
    > movement was not very smooth on one of them. After a while video starts to
    > "stutter" more and more eventually freezing the picture. Media Player must
    > be restarted, just for the same thing to happen shortly after. Sound is
    > smooth until the freeze.
    >
    > What is going on? Is playing a DVD on a laptop stretch a laptops

    performance
    > to the max and when it gets warm it crashes? Or is it some kind of memory
    > leak causing it? Or what can it be?

    I had the same experience... until I installed PowerDVD. Not a single
    problem since!

    Joe Kaffe, Oct 25, 2004
  6. Bobby

    Mike Ching Guest

    On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 09:15:19 -0700, Joe Kaffe <> wrote:

    > "Bobby" <> wrote in message
    >> I have experienced the following on 3 different laptops.
    >>
    >> They can all play DVDs using both Windows Media Player and a DVD player

    > that
    >> came installed on the laptop. They all play fine for a while, although
    >> movement was not very smooth on one of them. After a while video starts to
    >> "stutter" more and more eventually freezing the picture. Media Player must
    >> be restarted, just for the same thing to happen shortly after. Sound is
    >> smooth until the freeze.
    >>
    >> What is going on? Is playing a DVD on a laptop stretch a laptops

    > performance
    >> to the max and when it gets warm it crashes? Or is it some kind of memory
    >> leak causing it? Or what can it be?

    > I had the same experience... until I installed PowerDVD. Not a single
    > problem since!

    One possibility is that power saving is kicking in. PowerDVD disables the
    power saving/screen saver so using it would cure the problem if that was the
    case. Try switching the power scheme to always on.

    Mike Ching, Oct 25, 2004
  7. Bobby

    Bob D. Guest

    My old Dell Inspiron has a geat picture, but the built-in speakers are
    barely audible. My PDA is actually louder!

    Bob D.

    Bob D., Oct 26, 2004