    no more
    no less
    just slumpy
    slumpy, Aug 27, 2003

  2. slumpy

    lisa g Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    news:biik6s$9mgth$-berlin.de...
    > ...(a word game on TV) a guy says he has a six-letter word, "finity" even
    > though there is no 'y'.
    >
    > "Finity ?" says the presenter ?
    >
    > "Aye, F-I-N-I-T-E, finity".
    >
    > "Could you possible mean /FINITE/ ?"
    >
    > "Oh, aye, I suppose so."
    >
    > I spluttered beer. Real beer.
    >
    > What a waste.
    > --

    The last time I watched it there was a really easy number - something like
    500 and they had a 5 and 100 - so the bloke thought hed be smart and do it a
    really long and complicated way and got it wrong. Hurray!
    lisa g, Aug 27, 2003

  3. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as lisa g continued:

    > "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    >> ...(a word game on TV) a guy says he has a six-letter word, "finity"
    >> even though there is no 'y'.
    >>
    >> "Finity ?" says the presenter ?
    >>
    >> "Aye, F-I-N-I-T-E, finity".
    >>
    >> "Could you possible mean /FINITE/ ?"
    >>
    >> "Oh, aye, I suppose so."
    >>
    >> I spluttered beer. Real beer.
    >>
    >> What a waste.
    >> --

    > The last time I watched it there was a really easy number - something
    > like 500 and they had a 5 and 100 - so the bloke thought hed be smart
    > and do it a really long and complicated way and got it wrong. Hurray!

    I remember someone cheating years back - he was just hopeful, claimed 6
    letters, so did his opponent. He then copied his opponent before they
    realised they were both wrong. He looked so embarrassed it was obvious what
    his trick was. Oh, and the word was 'critic, sometime late 85 methinks ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Aug 27, 2003
  4. This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Wed, 27 Aug 2003
    16:52:56 +0100, slumpy uttered this:

    > ...(a word game on TV) a guy says he has a six-letter word, "finity" even
    > though there is no 'y'.
    >
    > "Finity ?" says the presenter ?
    >
    > "Aye, F-I-N-I-T-E, finity".
    >
    > "Could you possible mean /FINITE/ ?"
    >
    > "Oh, aye, I suppose so."
    >
    > I spluttered beer. Real beer.
    >
    > What a waste.

    LOL!

    --
    "Good job it wasn't on your PC, as you'd
    probably need a new monitor & keyboard!"
    William Poaster, Aug 27, 2003