    http://www.voiptelco.net

    CW

    , Sep 1, 2005

  2. Guest

    Just as an update, they also have 911 service.

    , Sep 2, 2005

  3. Sekhar Guest

    Why would someone go for voiptelco when everything is available from a
    well known brand for the same cost?

    Sekhar, Sep 2, 2005
  4. Guest

    Sekhar wrote:
    > Why would someone go for voiptelco when everything is available from a
    > well known brand for the same cost?

    Why would someone go to a local restaurant when everything is available
    from a well known brand like McDonald's for the same cost?...Personal
    Preference, that's why.

    , Sep 2, 2005
  5. Guest

    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention some other reasons why VoIPTelco is better
    than "The well known brand":

    No Set-up fees
    First Month Free
    No Cancellation Fees
    And they have an excellent Referral Program!

    Like I said, I love the service.

    , Sep 2, 2005
  6. Sekhar wrote:

    > Why would someone go for voiptelco when everything is available from a
    > well known brand for the same cost?

    Sekhar:

    I was wondering if you are genuinely interested on getting an answer or
    if your are just asking a rhetorical question.

    Are you defending Vonage? If positive, have you ever been a Vonage
    subscriber?

    IMHO, Vonage wants to be the Microsoft of the VoIP business: they are
    arrogant, and use illegal practices. Additionally, their service is
    clearly directed to non-tech types, and they don't want you to use
    anything other than their approved hardware.

    They are very happy to receive you as a subscriber, but if you try to
    disconnect the service, there will be no human being to take your call.

    They offer a money back, but then they still charge your credit card.
    A friend of mine used the Amex facility that allows you to repudiate a
    fraudulent charge, after trying for days to get out from their service.
    Like the maffia, it's easy to get in, but impossible to get out.

    -Ramon

    Ramon F Herrera, Sep 7, 2005
  7. Michael Guest

    This is not true! I canceled Vonage because of techical issues and not
    only did I speak to a person, but I didn't have to send the hardware
    back and they refund the disconnect fee (the person did give me a hard
    time and tried to get me to stay with them). The reason I canceled
    Vonage is because I couldn't get to their tec support to resovle the 3
    major problems that I was having:

    1.) Couldn't get to the voice mail from my phone
    2.) Had to keep power cycling their adapter at least every other day
    3.) Calls would come in but you could not hear them (this was happing
    radomly), however, never had out going calls never had that problem

    I switched to Packet8 and was having simular problems however they have
    better tec support and the problem was my router.

    Voange will be good for anyone that has a single computer, however, if
    you have a home network and are trying to use it remotely stay away
    form Vonage.

    Packet8 has their problems as well though. Caller ID is just Number ID
    and you have to use 11 digits to call localy. Anonymous Call Blocking
    is cumbersome the feature that I wanted out of Vonage

    Michael, Sep 7, 2005
  8. Guest

    Quality of support service was what I was looking for too and I really
    found what I was looking for with http://www.voiptelco.net. I get
    answers to my questions. And even if they don't know right away, they
    do the research, get the answer and get right back to me with it. I
    Love It!

    , Sep 7, 2005
  9. dc Guest

    Very interesting, as I use Digital Voice. Check their website, looks kinda
    the exact same with some changes...

    dc, Sep 9, 2005
  10. dc Guest

    oops forgot the website... www.digitalvoice.ca

    dc, Sep 9, 2005
  11. MattJhsn Guest

    Hey Claywebb! What is your connection with voiptelco.net? Are you
    their chief marketing officer or #1 evanglist or what? I like
    http://sunrocket.com myself. It is everything you've described of that
    other company and $10 less a month to boot. -Matt Johnson

    MattJhsn, Sep 9, 2005
  12. Guest

    1. Please note: This is only if you purchase the Annual Service for
    $200. If you go with the montly service, you will pay $24.95. Let's
    make sure that we compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges.

    2. No, I'm not an evanglist, just another satisfied customer.

    , Sep 12, 2005